Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Hey all,
I’m new here. Last weekend I decided randomly to throw down and grab a Bronco Sport as a adventure family wagon so this is my first post.

Perhaps I didn’t do enough searching but I couldn’t find anyone with the OEM 18” wheels putting larger tires on. I obviously knew the 245/65R17 tires fit but an 18 alternative was what I needed. I just got some Falken Wildpeak Trails and they fit great! A bit wider and taller than the 225s that came on it.

pics below, there’s more to come on my build
This is also my first forum post so bare with me if the pics come through poorly

Ford Bronco Sport 245/60R18 tires fit no rub on Bronco Sport! BCA064C3-9AA8-45C8-9B68-9748EAAC93DF
Ford Bronco Sport 245/60R18 tires fit no rub on Bronco Sport! E8539B36-2263-4D6E-AF60-C33141A4CF30
Sponsored

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Congrats on your Big Bend! Looks awesome!

There is a lot of chatter on the boards about how the 245s will perform when taken off road. Turning the steering wheel all the way over and not rubbing is different than when there is articulation on the suspension, so there are a lot of us waiting for some reviews before deciding between 235s or 245s. If you take it off road be sure to report back once you've put it through it paces!

TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Hey all,
I’m new here. Last weekend I decided randomly to throw down and grab a Bronco Sport as a adventure family wagon so this is my first post.

Perhaps I didn’t do enough searching but I couldn’t find anyone with the OEM 18” wheels putting larger tires on. I obviously knew the 245/65R17 tires fit but an 18 alternative was what I needed. I just got some Falken Wildpeak Trails and they fit great! A bit wider and taller than the 225s that came on it.

This is also my first forum post so bare with me if the pics come through poorly

Ford Bronco Sport 245/60R18 tires fit no rub on Bronco Sport! BCA064C3-9AA8-45C8-9B68-9748EAAC93DF
Ford Bronco Sport 245/60R18 tires fit no rub on Bronco Sport! E8539B36-2263-4D6E-AF60-C33141A4CF30
This is the first custom tire I have seen on the 18in rins. Thanks! Looks good

FalkenAround

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
All these look great. I'm wondering though, and I know I'm pushing it, but would 255/65/r18 fit with no rubbing (not taking it off road). I just love how wide tires make a vehicle look from behind.

OP
OP
MRanderson

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Congrats on your Big Bend! Looks awesome!

There is a lot of chatter on the boards about how the 245s will perform when taken off road. Turning the steering wheel all the way over and not rubbing is different than when there is articulation on the suspension, so there are a lot of us waiting for some reviews before deciding between 235s or 245s. If you take it off road be sure to report back once you've put it through it paces!
We went out to the local desert hills this morning after receiving some rain last night. Plenty of varying terrain and steep Jeep sections. I did not notice any rubbing while crawling or dealing with cross ruts. I had the suspension pretty tweaked in a few spots while turning I think the tires clear just fine.

I did run into some ground clearance issues though, mind you we were on OHV side by side trails and pry pushed it a bit far. I’ll be looking for a lift in the future.

we didn’t have much time to stop, our toddler was not having fun. This is all I got for a pic. This up a short but steep climb, slipped a bit but crept up no problem

Ford Bronco Sport 245/60R18 tires fit no rub on Bronco Sport! 3F2AE243-46A0-4F50-B00F-A4FC11E835EC

jdsnyder13

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I got a BB that came from the factory with 18" wheels. I have been waiting & hoping someone would be the "guinea pig" for me...?

I am wanting to stick with my factory wheels but put a meatier looking tire on them. I am also wanting to get it lifted a little bit but I'm only seeing the 1.5" from Rough Country. Are there others out there?
I would also love to get a little meaner sound from the exhaust. I am hoping someone comes out with exhaust mods too.

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Audi RS5, Ford F-250
Nice look, did they add much more road noise with that aggressive tread pattern?
No, no real road noise to speak of. If you listen hard with the radio down, you’ll hear a very light roar. (Totally a non issue)

Bobaloo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford
No, no real road noise to speak of. If you listen hard with the radio down, you’ll hear a very light roar. (Totally a non issue)
I'm curious, were you able to trade your factory Michelin tires at your tire dealer, get something for them towards the new rubber?

Bobby L

Outer Banks
First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport, Audi RS5, Ford F-250
I'm curious, were you able to trade your factory Michelin tires at your tire dealer, get something for them towards the new rubber?
No haha, unfortunately I still have them and cannot even get one bite on them! I took them off at 190 miles and have them down to $375 for the set of 4, and crickets!!
Discount Tire was going to give me $60 ea. But I bought them from my dealer and thought I would easily sell them on CL. ??

may have to take them to Discount and see if they will buy them.

BaseOrBust

Base
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus
Hey all,

Looks great! How's the road noise?

OP
OP
MRanderson

MRanderson

Big Bend
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
yuccamanufacturing.com
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend
Looks great! How's the road noise?
Didn’t notice much increase in road noise. I didn’t drive the thing more than 15 miles before putting the tires on so I don’t know to be honest. It’s definitely quiet though.

Biggest noise I’ve been dealing with is my cross bars I installed, they are extremely loud
Sponsored