MichaelN

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a 23 Badlands, is a buzzing/vibrating noise on some downshifts normal? Seems like it's coming from under the front drivers side somewhere. You can hear it in the video around the 5 second mark.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have a 23 Badlands, is a buzzing/vibrating noise on some downshifts normal? Seems like it's coming from under the front drivers side somewhere. You can hear it in the video around the 5 second mark.
Hello, Michael! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this buzzing noise concern? Thank you!

OP
OP

MichaelN

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hello, Michael! Could you privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer so I can look into this buzzing noise concern? Thank you!
Are you really Ford, or is this a scam? Lol

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
Do some research about the manual park release cable.
Op has a 23 Bronco Sport Badlands and I have a 24 Bronco Sport Badlands with a buzzing noise accelerating from stop through about 17 mph when the noise happens for a few seconds. The manual park release cable issue is mentioned through out the forum. SSM 51184 includes Bronco Sports SSM 51184 only applies to Bronco Sports built before February 25, 2022. Has anyone found that the cable issue has resolved their noise on BS's build after the date of the TSB or will the dealer just say it doesn't apply to my vehicle but was able to convince the dealer to replace the cable anyway? I was planning on mentioning the cable issue when I bring my BS in to the dealer for the noise issue.

OP
OP

MichaelN

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Op has a 23 Bronco Sport Badlands and I have a 24 Bronco Sport Badlands with a buzzing noise accelerating from stop through about 17 mph when the noise happens for a few seconds. The manual park release cable issue is mentioned through out the forum. SSM 51184 includes Bronco Sports SSM 51184 only applies to Bronco Sports built before February 25, 2022. Has anyone found that the cable issue has resolved their noise on BS's build after the date of the TSB or will the dealer just say it doesn't apply to my vehicle but was able to convince the dealer to replace the cable anyway? I was planning on mentioning the cable issue when I bring my BS in to the dealer for the noise issue.
Yeah I wanted to mention this to my dealership too, but was wondering if it was resolved for 2023 since it only mentions 21-22 BS. Are you getting the same noise I get in my video?

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I do not know if it exactly the same. Mine seems to be coming from under the engine and seems to only happen as I am accelerating from a stop when I get to about 17 mph. The noise starts from about 6 seconds but is very hard to hear.

OP
OP

MichaelN

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I do not know if it exactly the same. Mine seems to be coming from under the engine and seems to only happen as I am accelerating from a stop when I get to about 17 mph. The noise starts from about 6 seconds but is very hard to hear.

I can hear it, definitely something rattling. I think mine is more of a buzzing noise. Good luck, it’s always frustrating trying to pinpoint these things!

OP
OP

MichaelN

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I can hear it, definitely something rattling. I think mine is more of a buzzing noise. Good luck, it’s always frustrating trying to pinpoint these things!

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, especially frustrating for me since mine is new. Started the first day after delivery, I am sure what ever it is it can be fixed as long as the dealer takes the time to look for what is going on and not brush me off as it is some normal noise.
Sponsored