ashleyspearce9

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
First time it happened was when I pulled into a parking space and put it into park. The car shut off on its own and the lights started to flicker. Wouldn’t start and messages were popping up on the screen about everything. The alarm went off when opening the door (while shut off.) We couldn’t disengage the ebrake so we have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it. Which eliminated all the problems but we took it to the dealership to have it looked at anyway.
They ran diagnostics, checked the battery and alternator and said it all looked good and I probably put it into park too early and messed with the park system.
Drove it home, tried to crank it 2 days later in the driveway, same thing but more intense. I just pressed the brakes and everything went crazy. The main message that sticks on the screen the longest is still Park Brake Fault Service Now.
Any ideas on what to get the dealership to look for specifically? Since they obviously didn’t know what to look for the first time

Ford Bronco Sport 21 OBX shuts off, flickers lights, Park Brake Fault 870BBB48-28E1-44BF-BC34-F2B36176FAA3
Sponsored

TSP Overland

Outer Banks
Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Hey @ashleyspearce9 - Sorry to hear about this. It's good to hear that the dealer found the battery in good health as that was our first thought for the cause here or something stop/start-related.

Stop-start is normal to shut off when in drive while on the brake at a stoplight, but it's strange that it would shut off immediately when put into park. We have heard of some rare instances with 2015+ F-150s where they have gone in to auto-stop mode while parking. Those instances may have been triggered by driving into a parking spot and not putting it into P right away when stopped (instead staying in D and on the brakes). It went in Park and then didn't want to start up the next day.

If you haven't already, we would say take a video of it next time this happens so that you can show/explain better to the service department what is happening. Keep us updated on what is found.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I would review the battery again.
Do you have a multimeter or anyway to check the resting voltage of the battery yourself? If the resting voltage isn't 12.6 or very close to that voltage, the battery is bad. Electronics in the new vehicles are sensitive to proper voltage and good grounds.
When my battery started going bad I would get all kinds of error and fault messages in the dash display as well as random no start instances, the auto start stop would would also work intermittently. I took it to the dealer and they said everything checks out normal. I went for another few weeks and had another no start condition as well as continued non working auto start stop. Took it to the dealer again and left it. This time they performed a real battery check using their super tester, the battery tested bad, the dealer replaced the battery with a Motorcraft AGM battery and all is good now.

The dealers don't seem to want to do warranty work, you will need to be persistant.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
First time it happened was when I pulled into a parking space and put it into park. The car shut off on its own and the lights started to flicker. Wouldn’t start and messages were popping up on the screen about everything. The alarm went off when opening the door (while shut off.) We couldn’t disengage the ebrake so we have to disconnect the battery and reconnect it. Which eliminated all the problems but we took it to the dealership to have it looked at anyway.
They ran diagnostics, checked the battery and alternator and said it all looked good and I probably put it into park too early and messed with the park system.
Drove it home, tried to crank it 2 days later in the driveway, same thing but more intense. I just pressed the brakes and everything went crazy. The main message that sticks on the screen the longest is still Park Brake Fault Service Now.
Any ideas on what to get the dealership to look for specifically? Since they obviously didn’t know what to look for the first time

Ford Bronco Sport 21 OBX shuts off, flickers lights, Park Brake Fault 870BBB48-28E1-44BF-BC34-F2B36176FAA3
Hi Ashley! I can look into your Bronco's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

Georgiataylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Hey Ashley,

Did you ever get resolution on this? My 2021 sport is doing the same thing. It’s been at the dealer for two weeks and they still can’t figure it out. Sad that I have an 06 HHR with 372k on it that I trust to take me cross country, but don’t trust a truck with less than 40k to get me 10 minutes down the road & back. 😒

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Welcome to the shitty bronco owners club
Hey Ashley,

Did you ever get resolution on this? My 2021 sport is doing the same thing. It’s been at the dealer for two weeks and they still can’t figure it out. Sad that I have an 06 HHR with 372k on it that I trust to take me cross country, but don’t trust a truck with less than 40k to get me 10 minutes down the road & back. 😒

OP
OP

ashleyspearce9

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey Ashley,

Yes! They ended up changing the battery out and it’s been fine ever since!

OP
OP

ashleyspearce9

Outer Banks
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
That’s awesome! Didn’t work for mine unfortunately, but glad it did for you!!
did they put a strong enough battery in? I’ve heard people say that their batteries weren’t strong enough for their bronco and they had to upgrade. The first time mine was in the shop, it tested fine, a few days later when it was back in the shop the battery was no longer testing high enough, so they put it on the charge to a full charge and it still drained when they put it back in so they gave me a new one. Not sure if it’s the same volts or not

Georgiataylor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
did they put a strong enough battery in? I’ve heard people say that their batteries weren’t strong enough for their bronco and they had to upgrade. The first time mine was in the shop, it tested fine, a few days later when it was back in the shop the battery was no longer testing high enough, so they put it on the charge to a full charge and it still drained when they put it back in so they gave me a new one. Not sure if it’s the same volts or not
The man who called said they tested it & it was fine. But I’ll definitely ask for them to replace it. It’s been there over 2 weeks already & I’m just so over this truck. My first ever brand new vehicle, first time I’ve made payments in literally 20 years, and it’s been in the shop 3 times in not even 2 years for repairs. I’m so disappointed with this whole thing.
Sponsored