Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I like it a lot. I would be a likely buyer, but...

I just don't have the $80,000+ that thing will probably MSRP at. There was no hint at starting price or MSRP or anything, which means if you have to ask, you can't afford it. Bet it's going to be designed to take advantage of that new $7,500 federal credit that's jacking EV prices even further.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
that's a good looking Jeep. full EV? sure....but they have not release much details at all. who knows what it is capable of. I hope it won't be starting at $80k. maybe $55 to $60k?? the wagoneer will be $80k+. let's see if they can build it faster than F150 Lightening and the Rivian R1S/R1T. But the R1S is the first off-road capable EV on the market. they just can't build them fast enough.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i guess this is the way things are going in the world ... never thought id see the day of EV 4x4s but here we are.
looks good, looks tough. for sure it will be over the $70k range, as with most EVs now (here in Canada anyways). me personally i couldn't buy one, i like gasoline burners.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I’ll drive a cheap ass Kia Sportage before I’ll pay 80 grand for a sport Ute. I don’t care how cool it looks or what it does.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I like the look. FCA definitely took some cues from the BS when they designed it.

Would I buy one? Depends on the price. If it can be had nicely equipped around 50k, maybe. Higher than that and you might as well buy a Lightning.

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Are they planning on putting charging stations in or near large offroad locations? In an emergency, you can bring gasoline to a stranded vehicle. Don't think they make extension cords long enough.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
The stole the wheels from the big bend.

As a car I’m sure it’ll be fine. As is the norm with EVs my concerns would be charging times and charging station locations.

TarponBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Are they planning on putting charging stations in or near large offroad locations? In an emergency, you can bring gasoline to a stranded vehicle. Don't think they make extension cords long enough.
Not only the lack of charging stations, but also what kind of range will it get while off-roading with aired down tires? In the video below they compare a full-size Bronco to a Land Rover Defender and Jeep Rubicon plug-in hybrid. The Jeep driver leaves it in full electric to test the range off-roading. The Jeep states that he has 19 miles of range and the driver claims he has gotten up to 27 miles. On this course (granted more challenging than most will take on) he only makes it 3.1 miles on the battery before having to switch to gas. I don't think I'd be comfortable taking an all-electric out for most off-roading, I'd probably spend the whole time worrying about running out of juice.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Yeah we need charging stations in the trails so the EVs can keep going.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Not only the lack of charging stations, but also what kind of range will it get while off-roading with aired down tires? In the video below they compare a full-size Bronco to a Land Rover Defender and Jeep Rubicon plug-in hybrid. The Jeep driver leaves it in full electric to test the range off-roading. The Jeep states that he has 19 miles of range and the driver claims he has gotten up to 27 miles. On this course (granted more challenging than most will take on) he only makes it 3.1 miles on the battery before having to switch to gas. I don't think I'd be comfortable taking an all-electric out for most off-roading, I'd probably spend the whole time worrying about running out of juice.

To be fair those cars aren’t designed to be only electric and use regenerative features to keep the battery topped off.

My dad had the new f150 with the hybrid motor and it’s a similar kind of thing. It uses the electric motor at slow speeds but switches to gas at a certain point.

Also isn’t this the video where the sidewall is punctured on the rover and they have to abandon it on the trail?

TarponBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
To be fair those cars aren’t designed to be only electric and use regenerative features to keep the battery topped off.

My dad had the new f150 with the hybrid motor and it’s a similar kind of thing. It uses the electric motor at slow speeds but switches to gas at a certain point.

Also isn’t this the video where the sidewall is punctured on the rover and they have to abandon it on the trail?
"To be fair those cars aren’t designed to be only electric and use regenerative features to keep the battery topped off."

True, which is why has standard range is somewhere between 19-27 miles on electric only, but my point wasn't how small his range is, it's how much of a drop he see's while driving off-road. While a full electric will have a greater range on battery only, I expect it would still drop off significantly off road.

"Also isn’t this the video where the sidewall is punctured on the rover and they have to abandon it on the trail?"

Yep, he actually punctures his sidewall and then punctures the sidewall on his spare in the exact same spot.

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Also, fun fact with the $7500 tax credit, theres a certain percentage of the vehicle and battery that has to be produced in N. America. Tesla's qualify but most other vehicles dont as they are sourced from Asia, and up until recently, Russia.
Sponsored