RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
According to Ford Authority, 2024 is when it can be expected.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
This seems like a no brainer with the sport line.
Water test
EV creates an entire different set of environmental risks and "fuel" challenges. But there are some advantages

ScareCrow

Badlands
First Name
Burl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS/Badlands
The Ford Bronco Sport hybrid is expected to launch in 2024, according to the report, though it does not specify what sort of powertrain the crossover will receive. However, the Bronco Sport is built at the Ford Hermosillo Assembly Plant alongside the 2022 Ford Maverick, which comes standard with Ford’s 2.5L Atkinson cycle four-cylinder hybrid drivetrain that is rated to produce 191 (total system) horsepower and 155 pound-feet of torque.

Full Article

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
I'd expect the Maverick to get a AWD hybrid power train about the same time. other than the electric motor it should be the same as the Escape which can be flat towed in FWD as well as AWD.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Well, they (Ford) also just announced that no more Maverick Hybrid orders will be accepted. So would take that 2024 with a grain of salt until we get closer. There is an ongoing issue with global Lithium supplies for the hybrid batteries. To meet arbitrary climate goals, a huge surge of demand is coming as developed nations pass the dirty mining process into less developed countries. Of course, outsourcing the unpleasant part has the same effect as the current chip issue, and possibly greater issues. You might also have noticed that a certain radical regime just took control of one of the world's largest lithium exporters. This will cause the US to consider both the practical possibility and our social willingness to even enter a trade agreement for that lithium/nickel/cobalt supply.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
With 8 million tons, Chile has the world's largest known lithium reserves. This puts the South American country ahead of Australia (2.7 million tons), Argentina (2 million tons) and China (1 million tons). China is Tesla's main supplier.
Doubt that a certain radical regime will contribute much of anything more in the near future regardless of their reserves if they even know what they are.

BTW Ford did just say no more hybrid orders but they've said all along they could only do 40% hybrids on the Maverick in 2022 so it isn't new news.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I wonder if thats why we didn't get a hybrid BS sooner than '24. I figured that'd be coming for '22 if not '23 since the Escape and Maverick already have it. But hey, it'll give me something I can possibly trade up to in a few years! I've told my fiance if they ever make a hybrid BS thats something I'd probably end up keeping long term (with a good extended warranty of course).

A moderately rugged off roader with nice looks that can carry all your stuff, with the latest safety and convenience technology, all coupled with the fuel economy of a Prius; what more do you need?

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Well, they (Ford) also just announced that no more Maverick Hybrid orders will be accepted. So would take that 2024 with a grain of salt until we get closer. There is an ongoing issue with global Lithium supplies for the hybrid batteries. To meet arbitrary climate goals, a huge surge of demand is coming as developed nations pass the dirty mining process into less developed countries. Of course, outsourcing the unpleasant part has the same effect as the current chip issue, and possibly greater issues. You might also have noticed that a certain radical regime just took control of one of the world's largest lithium exporters. This will cause the US to consider both the practical possibility and our social willingness to even enter a trade agreement for that lithium/nickel/cobalt supply.
That's not quite true, I have a Maverick Hybrid on order so I follow these things pretty closely. What Ford announced was hybrids aren't being scheduled for production until further notice, you can still submit an order. Tim Bartz from Long McArthur Ford talked about this in his weekly update video. No one is sure exactly what Ford meant by the statement, is this just this week, this month, is it constraints of supplies or are they having issues with the production of the hybrid engine?
Sponsored