Bloomsey

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Hello, I've had my 23 OBX for about 2 weeks now and still haven't gotten the Homelink garage buttons to sync up to my Legacy garage door opener, or my universal wireless remotes. Was wondering if anyone with a 23 BS has encountered this type of problem. I know there are treads about people having trouble syncing their Genie garage door, but I don't have a genie so thought those instructions wouldn't necessarily apply. I have read the owner's manual too. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Hello, I've had my 23 OBX for about 2 weeks now …
What is the model # of your Legacy garage door opener?

Bronco Sport HomeLink operates on several frequencies and works with many but not all garage door openers.

Are you following these instructions?

Garage door programming: Switch on the ignition to accessory position. Place garage door opener 1-3” from the HomeLink buttons on the Visor. Using both hands, simultaneously press the functioning button on the garage door opener and press the desired HomeLink button (1, 2, or 3). Hold until HomeLink LED flashes slowly and continue to hold until HomeLink LED flashes rapidly. Release both buttons. The change in flashing indicates the HomeLink button has learned the garage door opener signal.

OP
OP
Bloomsey

Bloomsey

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
What is the model # of your Legacy garage door opener?

Bronco Sport HomeLink operates on several frequencies and works with many but not all garage door openers.

Are you following these instructions?

Garage door programming: Switch on the ignition to accessory position. Place garage door opener 1-3” from the HomeLink buttons on the Visor. Using both hands, simultaneously press the functioning button on the garage door opener and press the desired HomeLink button (1, 2, or 3). Hold until HomeLink LED flashes slowly and continue to hold until HomeLink LED flashes rapidly. Release both buttons. The change in flashing indicates the HomeLink button has learned the garage door opener signal.
I have a legacy 1.5 HP model 696CD/B. I just tried what you suggested, and I got the rapid flashing light on the Homelink but then nothing else, so I’ve reset the buttons by holding buttons 1 and 3 for 10 seconds and will keep retrying. It sucks it has to be this tricky sometimes

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can you watch this video to see if it has specifics for your legacy model?

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok .. I recall others having trouble with the programming instructions using the legacy model 696CD/B with the bronco sport HomeLink.

Assuming you already made sure you have a new battery in the legacy remote control since that is one possible issue and assuming you tried a 2nd legacy remote if you have one then you may need to Google for how others solved the programming of a legacy model 696CD/B to the bronco sport HomeLink.

I was not able to find the same info I received about 6 months ago on your specific issue but I found an article for a different vehicle.

Let me know if this article helps but since I cannot find the info from 6 months ago I don’t think I have anything more beyond this article. Google shows a number of people having similar problems with the legacy model 696CD/B.

https://www.overheaddoor.com/homelink

Also see my next post below…

Last edited:

OP
OP
Bloomsey

Bloomsey

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Can you watch this video to see if it has specifics for your legacy model?
This is what the back of my unit looks like, I couldn’t find the SN
I was able to find the info I recall from about 6 months ago… it’s for a Genie door opener but I understand there are similarities between overhead door legacy and Genie.

Look for the info from Mark S in this posting:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/homelink-trouble.6246/
okay I will try some of those methods after work and let ya know, thanks!

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 OBX homelink trouble 804103B6-1167-4F3A-905C-E9EDF13A693B

bentley72

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport, 2022 Maverick
Steps.
1. Hold buttons 1 and 3 until rapid flash to clear memory
2. Hold remote and home link button until rapid flash.
3. Press learn button on back of motor head.
4. within 30 seconds press home link button twice. You may have to hit 3 times and it should start moving

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I know when I programmed mine, I did the procedure to program the HomeLink buttons with the remote controls which always seemed to "work". It wasn't until I actually did the procedure to "Program Your Garage Door Opener Motor" in the owner's manual that the HomeLink buttons actually started to work. Cheers!

PaulOinMA

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BS, '22 FE, '04 Audi TT, '66 Austin Moke
I didn't get Homelink on my wife's BS BL to sync by pressing the button on the motor unit. Had to do the alternate procedure using the remote.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
This is what the back of my unit looks like, I couldn’t find the SN
These are the kind of openers I have. Use the alternate procedure and plan on having to press the button three times instead of two.

OP
OP
Bloomsey

Bloomsey

Outer Banks
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
These are the kind of openers I have. Use the alternate procedure and plan on having to press the button three times instead of two.
Thanks for the response Mark, can you show me what alternative procedure you are referring to? Appreciate it!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
According to the Genie web site, it takes two stages to program the Homelink to Genie. You first program the Genie remote to the Homelink button, Then you program THAT button to the garage door opener by pressing its learn (older Genie) button.

The way I read it is that the Genie remote is used to program the Homelink, and then the Homelink gets programmed to the opener.
Sponsored