First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
IMHO 40 grand Is way Too much for any BS even loaded with all the bells and whistles
It’s based on the Escape remember ?
I fully loaded 2.0 liter 7 GOAT mode sport should not have topped $38,000
The fact that it did is the fault of the consumer.
A '22 equivalent to my '21 is just under 45k MSRP. My MSRP was 39.7k which is way way high these are pricey little vehicles. And most likely Ford raises prices again on the '23s.

Heritage Limited sport with some dealer markup are we going to see 50k? Most likely,
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Big bronco reservation holders been screaming for over a year they get bumped cause dealer allocation Ford broke promise to build per reservation number ect ect. So hopefully those squeaky wheels get taken care of.
Yes, but (sample) some have also held on to the reservation status due to top issues and waiting for some magic color to appear. They will be on the clock. I know some have become quite disenfranchised and I understand. It's a vehicle. If they are that salty with Ford...move on. That much resentment will lead to a bad driving experience because everything will be wrong.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Yes, but (sample) some have also held on to the reservation status due to top issues and waiting for some magic color to appear. They will be on the clock. I know some have become quite disenfranchised and I understand. It's a vehicle. If they are that salty with Ford...move on. That much resentment will lead to a bad driving experience because everything will be wrong.
I lurk around over on bronco6g its some good reading over there. Ford will eventually be able to get big Bronco production up and steadily lower defect rates but its gonna be a while. Demand for big Bronco is just nuts and Ford not able to meet that demand....yet.... but they will eventually....

jimharrison1950

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend HOT PEPPER RED
I love this concept, I really do. The full-size Bronco looks incredible with this styling. It's boxy enough and large enough that the white roof just works. On the Sport, the piano black pillars are still there. It hurts the look a little bit for me. Making those pillars white would be much worse, but just the fact that they exist on the Sport is distracting to me and pulls my eyes away from the rest of the paint job. The Bronco doesn't have the pillars, so the white roof seems like it's meant to be there and isn't just slapped on. My other issue is with the grille on the Sport. It's slightly...off? I can't put my finger on how. Maybe I'd be more content with black lettering instead of red, but I know the designers intended the grille to stand out. The pinstriping on the blue Sport helps to pull it together a little more. The yellow looks odd without it. Love the white steelies and the interior accents, though. The throwback badging is also wonderful.

And, I will die on this hill. I really like Yellowstone Metallic. It's more pastel compared to Cyber Orange and doesn't give off school bus vibes.
Just we need, another model that they can't deliver on. Crap is getting old.

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Are you referring to Ford or people with reservations? If I could shit my 2 door out, I would have a year ago. I’m not aware of too many people holding out for a special color. I know many 99’d for the mod top but not many that were holding out to see what new color was next. Most are stuck because of constraints from Ford not themselves. Speaking from experience.
This is why I have now ordered the BS. I wasn't in a situation to purchase a new vehicle until this month and of course they shut down ordering for the new bronco. I don't have any interest in waiting for over a year and a half for a vehicle to be delivered. The BS has some advantages for me in my current place in life, but I still hope to pick up a full size Bronco down the line.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
This is why I have now ordered the BS. I wasn't in a situation to purchase a new vehicle until this month and of course they shut down ordering for the new bronco. I don't have any interest in waiting for over a year and a half for a vehicle to be delivered. The BS has some advantages for me in my current place in life, but I still hope to pick up a full size Bronco down the line.
When I ordered the 2 door BL in early '21, I was told shouldn't be a problem but would be late '21. When they moved it to a '22, They were saying '22 for sure. By late October of '21, they said maybe '24 or '25 because of new allocation formula and constraints. That's when I ordered the BSBL. I still want the 2 door but will probably keep the BSBL as well.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Buy a chevy
I drove by the Jeep dealer today. I saw a full lot Jeeps jammed packed in. Not a bad idea buy Jeep now come back to big Bronco im couple years when supply catches up to demand.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
A '22 equivalent to my '21 is just under 45k MSRP. My MSRP was 39.7k which is way way high these are pricey little vehicles. And most likely Ford raises prices again on the '23s.

Heritage Limited sport with some dealer markup are we going to see 50k? Most likely,
Overpriced, All that the market will stand for. Then we have so many dealers ripping people off.
I’m counting on Ford to fix this.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Overpriced, All that the market will stand for. Then we have so many dealers ripping people off.
I’m counting on Ford to fix this.
Keep counting. I don't think they will do much.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Ford already IS doing something. Splitting EV production/sales from ICE production/sales is the shot across the bows for the dealership model. These are incredibly popular vehicles, and we still live in a country that (sorta) values free-market principles. Given that, I would expect if Ford ever does go to a fully online-based sales model that it will mark up MSRP for these vehicles somewhat to reflect their popularity. That will, in turn, cool demand somewhat, and the market will stabilize.

So it is, and so it ever has been.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
New thread over on bronco6g dealers are marking up over msrp for special ordered big broncos. So Ford is doing absolutely nothing to stop the greedy dealers.

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands

That’s an awful lot of money for a sub compact SUV without tilting seats.

Reactions: MJE

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
That’s an awful lot of money for a sub compact SUV without tilting seats.
Ford been seeing dealers marking up and decided hey why don't we take that money instead.

With the crazy escalation in MSRP prices it not going to be as easy for dealers to tack on a few thousand any more.
Sponsored