Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I love this concept, I really do. The full-size Bronco looks incredible with this styling. It's boxy enough and large enough that the white roof just works. On the Sport, the piano black pillars are still there. It hurts the look a little bit for me. Making those pillars white would be much worse, but just the fact that they exist on the Sport is distracting to me and pulls my eyes away from the rest of the paint job. The Bronco doesn't have the pillars, so the white roof seems like it's meant to be there and isn't just slapped on. My other issue is with the grille on the Sport. It's slightly...off? I can't put my finger on how. Maybe I'd be more content with black lettering instead of red, but I know the designers intended the grille to stand out. The pinstriping on the blue Sport helps to pull it together a little more. The yellow looks odd without it. Love the white steelies and the interior accents, though. The throwback badging is also wonderful.

And, I will die on this hill. I really like Yellowstone Metallic. It's more pastel compared to Cyber Orange and doesn't give off school bus vibes.
With you on the yellow and add to that a nice brown leathers and you have something right there .

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition Revealed! 1,966 Heritage Limited Edition Units. Robin's Egg Blue & Yellowstone Metallic First Looks ABB15E28-D510-4E6F-908E-67A4D2F61356
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Also looking at the Bronco Sport side badges on the yellow one - wonder if this means we'll be able to get official ones from Ford that are the right size/material to stick on the sides, without needing to order through a random 3rd party site?
Yes

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition Revealed! 1,966 Heritage Limited Edition Units. Robin's Egg Blue & Yellowstone Metallic First Looks CB67B2F2-86F2-4209-838E-C2CA525DA36D

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition Revealed! 1,966 Heritage Limited Edition Units. Robin's Egg Blue & Yellowstone Metallic First Looks 9E414AA6-2AE5-4AD1-BBFA-472C1E467658

Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition Revealed! 1,966 Heritage Limited Edition Units. Robin's Egg Blue & Yellowstone Metallic First Looks A80FABC0-D5AB-4B32-B9A4-B097039D0986

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
These look fantastic! I really dig the white wheels, roof, and grille. Really looking forward to seeing it in green.

I assume this is going to be a 2023 only thing?

DemonGT

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Heritage Limited
Question is, how do you get one?

WLK

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Only 1,966 of each one being produced and in the US only - probably tough to get your name on that list. My preference would be the full-size red one.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Have to say I love the look of the sport and those options. The white accents, red lettering, and particularly the white mags...excellent throwback to the originals while pairing with the new design. Excellent ideas.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Only 1,966 of each one being produced and in the US only - probably tough to get your name on that list. My preference would be the full-size red one.
Not so likely...just saw an article, the 2023 bronco order banks are CLOSED to the general public. They are catching up the 160,000 original orders. You have to be on that list to order any of the full broncos I'd assume until they catch up, either with a purchase or decline to cash out.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/08/2023-ford-bronco-retail-orders-will-not-open-up-to-new-customers/

The sixth-generation Ford Bronco launched and quickly accumulated over 160,000 reservations, promptly exceeding The Blue Oval’s production capacity – a problem that only grew amid the chip shortage, hardtop woes, and various supply chain constraints. As such, FoMoCo is still working to fill its backlog of Bronco orders as the rugged SUV prepares to enter its third model year. Now, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that 2023 Ford Bronco retail orders will not open to new customers

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Not so likely...just saw an article, the 2023 bronco order banks are CLOSED to the general public. They are catching up the 160,000 original orders. You have to be on that list to order any of the full broncos I'd assume until they catch up, either with a purchase or decline to cash out.
https://fordauthority.com/2022/08/2023-ford-bronco-retail-orders-will-not-open-up-to-new-customers/

The sixth-generation Ford Bronco launched and quickly accumulated over 160,000 reservations, promptly exceeding The Blue Oval’s production capacity – a problem that only grew amid the chip shortage, hardtop woes, and various supply chain constraints. As such, FoMoCo is still working to fill its backlog of Bronco orders as the rugged SUV prepares to enter its third model year. Now, sources familiar with the matter have told Ford Authority that 2023 Ford Bronco retail orders will not open to new customers
Yeah when I first saw the 2-door red version I was like "Ok, maybe it's time to trade in the Jeep." Then I realized nope! No way to order for me :frown:

At least the red is not limited so who knows? Maybe in another year or three I can look into ordering.

NDB2Guy

Badlands
First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
87 BII, 89 BII, 89 Ranger, 14 F150, 22 BSport
I'm sorry, the Sport version is awful and I can imagine the crap I'm going to get for owning a Sport when people see these things in the wild.

The Sport version should have been a throwback to the BII that came from the get go with an Eddie Bauer trim level. Tan top, Tan Pin Stripe, Tan leather, a throwback to the orginal BII "Star" wheels, Roof Rails and only make it in Blue, Green, Black, Red (Since Brown is gone).

RS1

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’ll take a yellow one please.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
My vote goes for the red two door as well. If I was looking at a big bronco I may very well hand over the cash assuming I could get one near msrp sometime in the next 5yrs:
This could be a big decision point for me. The big issue is I'll loose my price protection from '21 if I change trims. But I'm with you, the red 2 door with white roof, grill, and wheels looks great.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Only the Heritage Limited is "limited" I prefer the non limited version better anyways. Biggest caveat might be the loss of price protection from '21! I guess I'll have to wait and see the cost difference.

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I'm sorry, the Sport version is awful and I can imagine the crap I'm going to get for owning a Sport when people see these things in the wild.

The Sport version should have been a throwback to the BII that came from the get go with an Eddie Bauer trim level. Tan top, Tan Pin Stripe, Tan leather, a throwback to the orginal BII "Star" wheels, Roof Rails and only make it in Blue, Green, Black, Red (Since Brown is gone).
Shockingly...and I didn't buy one for approval, anyone who has approached me, loves how bad ass the sport looks. I tell them it's not the big bronco, they know and continue to compliment the look of it. My in-laws are brainwashed Chevy lovers. They said they'd never spend a dime on a Ford...but wouldn't mind going for a ride it looks cool. And again, if it doesn't...well that's why it's mine and not theirs. Approval is overrated.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yeah when I first saw the 2-door red version I was like "Ok, maybe it's time to trade in the Jeep." Then I realized nope! No way to order for me :frown:

At least the red is not limited so who knows? Maybe in another year or three I can look into ordering.
Hard to say how long the restrictions are in place. Reservation holders are being forced to purchase. Many have held out for colors or what they think will happen, improvement on roofs etc. Some are tired of waiting and disenfranchised. I believe once the full 160,000 (mind you 21/22 used up a lot of reservations.) Have had a shot, the banks will reopen.
Sponsored