Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I just noticed that my 2023 Badlands has dual USB-C ports both in and behind the center console, while the ports below the dashboard are USB-A and C. I think this might be a change for 2023, as all the photos I've seen of the ports in 2021 and 2022 models show dual A and C ports. I'm all for moving forward with an updated standard, but I just know I'm going to end up with someone in the back seat at some point who wants to charge their phone but only has a USB-A cable.
Yes, this is correct and this situation arose on my second day of ownership. I put in extra C cables for the future.
Sponsored

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I just noticed that my 2023 Badlands has dual USB-C ports both in and behind the center console, while the ports below the dashboard are USB-A and C. I think this might be a change for 2023, as all the photos I've seen of the ports in 2021 and 2022 models show dual A and C ports. I'm all for moving forward with an updated standard, but I just know I'm going to end up with someone in the back seat at some point who wants to charge their phone but only has a USB-A cable.
Correct, that is a change at some point. Mine is early enough that it doesn't even have the USB in the rear, just a 110v outlet. It's actually pretty easy to swap out the outlets if you obtain the other part style. It's just a pod of outlets that snaps into a form-factor hole and clipped to the harness on the other side. I'm not confident that the USB-C port actually delivers high power like some devices use so you might be better off to get the adapter of choice and use the 110v. You can just keep a C-A adapter in the console for occasional use or better off get a fully optioned brick for the back.
E.G.:
Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Sport Build & Price is up! 45w-quick-charger-3-0-usb-pd-us-power-adapters-chargers-665_900x
Ford Bronco Sport 2023 Bronco Sport Build & Price is up! 61aywE25ksL

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Yes, this is correct and this situation arose on my second day of ownership. I put in extra C cables for the future.
If anyone is stating any gripes about a free ride with me I tell them to call Uber next time.
Sponsored