2023 Badlands Died - Anyone Else?

hemyer

First Name
Hannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I was driving tonight when my 2023 Badlands (purchased new in February) stopped working. I was stepping on the gas and nothing was happening as if it was in neutral. Thankfully, I was able to pull over before the car behind me ran into me, but I couldn't get the car to drive again even after putting in neutral, back in drive, turning it off, back on, etc... at one point it flashed "service required" on the screen for a split second but other than that no lights were on.

Ended up having to have it towed to the dealership. Anyone else experience anything like this?
Sponsored

OP
OP

hemyer

First Name
Hannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Sorry, that sucks. For clarification, did the engine die or did the engine rev but the car stopped moving forward? If the latter, sounds like a problem with the transmission. Any other symptoms?

You two should share notes:
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/my-2021-badlands-died.8597/
No, the engine seems fine. Definitely something with the transmission. Unfortunately the dealer said it could be months and they don’t have any loaners available.

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
No, the engine seems fine. Definitely something with the transmission. Unfortunately the dealer said it could be months and they don’t have any loaners available.
I'd certainly be telling them that is not acceptable. Is there another dealer around you can try?

OP
OP

hemyer

First Name
Hannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I'd certainly be telling them that is not acceptable. Is there another dealer around you can try?
Unfortunately all of the dealers around me are saying the same thing. I called corporate and they told me that after it is repaired (service guy told me it could be months), they will reimburse me $40/day, which is less than half the amount of a basic rental car in my area (and my car is a badlands with premium package, so a comparable car would be MUCH more). They also won't reimburse me for any time before a diagnosis is made even though the car isn't drivable, which could be weeks. Pretty disappointing for a car that is only two months old!

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
I wonder if this might be another shift knob failure? It might be as simple as replacing the shift knob (if one is available). If it is the transmission, that is probably harder to come by. It seems that having just about any kind of failure in a vehicle right now leads to long wait times for repair (not always, but with a high frequency).

If it makes you feel any better, this doesn't seem to be a wide spread problem. Once it is fixed, you should not have the issue again.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Unfortunately all of the dealers around me are saying the same thing. I called corporate and they told me that after it is repaired (service guy told me it could be months), they will reimburse me $40/day, which is less than half the amount of a basic rental car in my area (and my car is a badlands with premium package, so a comparable car would be MUCH more). They also won't reimburse me for any time before a diagnosis is made even though the car isn't drivable, which could be weeks. Pretty disappointing for a car that is only two months old!
This to me is also unacceptable. If I purchased a vehicle and it is not drivable, and under warranty, I do not expect to have to cover any costs for another vehicle to use while the work is performed.

I'd politely ask for the regional service manager and have again, a polite talk to resolve this.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I was driving tonight when my 2023 Badlands (purchased new in February) stopped working. I was stepping on the gas and nothing was happening as if it was in neutral. Thankfully, I was able to pull over before the car behind me ran into me, but I couldn't get the car to drive again even after putting in neutral, back in drive, turning it off, back on, etc... at one point it flashed "service required" on the screen for a split second but other than that no lights were on.

Ended up having to have it towed to the dealership. Anyone else experience anything like this?
Good morning! I would be glad to help you out with the transmission issues happening with your Bronco Sport. Just shoot us a direct message with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. Thank you!

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Thank you Ford Motor Company for the helpful start. I will be getting my new Bronco Sport in the coming months, hopefully I woun't need you, but if I do, glad you are there.

OP
OP

hemyer

First Name
Hannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Good morning! I would be glad to help you out with the transmission issues happening with your Bronco Sport. Just shoot us a direct message with your VIN and dealer name/location, and I'll get right on it. Thank you!
Thank you for being willing to help! I sent you a message.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Dealer should be able to spend a couple minutes and pull diagnostic codes to get some clue of the issue? I would start looking into your states lemon laws.

OP
OP

hemyer

First Name
Hannah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
I also have a 2023 Badlands so this is concerning to me.

Did Ford get your straightened out yet? Curious if they were able to help from here.
No, I exchanged a few messages with them on here, have talked to corporate and a few dealerships around me, but still have not been able to get them to provide a rental car (had to pay $500 out of pocket to get one for the week since I need a car to get to work, and that was the best deal I could find). I was told that it’s an issue with the transmission and they’ve ordered the parts to fix it so I’ll be calling corporate again this afternoon.

SgtT11B

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2020 Ford Mustang GT
They should be hooking you up with a rental. Are you in a small market? My dealer giv s Enterprise rentals.
Sponsored