Jason1114

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Anybody here what the prices for the 22 MY are, I’m really thinking about ordering a Big Bend no frills but not sure if price
Sponsored

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
You can build it on Fords website and it shows MSRP. Ford has different pricing plans like plan A, plan Y, plan Z and plan X. Some are employees and others are friends and family. You can look it up online, like x-plan and you should find useful informatio. Also, I was told by a 2door Bronco owner in Manhattan Beach, CA Costco ⛽ that if you own 100 shares of Ford stock you automatically get x-plan pricing. He bought at $6/share and the last time I looked it was trading at $14. It should be trading higher, but Ford management until recently has done a less then stellar job with their line-up. Then there was the 1-2-3 punch ?. Covid, supply chain issues, cargo tankers lined up off Long Beach,chip shortage, shipping container shortage, Chinese politics, no dealer stock inventory, manufacturer chip hoarding ?, dealer price gouging on floored inventory, etc.… We will never see this again in our lifetimes. All except the dealer gouging. ?

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
Anybody here what the prices for the 22 MY are, I’m really thinking about ordering a Big Bend no frills but not sure if price
I suggest to find a dealer that will accept MSRP weather you build or buy off lot. Might mean you need to research dealers in your area. What I did was sit down with my dealer about 3 weeks ago. He went over the 2021 pricing vs the 2022. I was surprised that 2022 prices were not much more than 2021.
Bottom line is be prepared, find that right dealer you are comfortable with. If you have the time, wait for just what you want. Good luck.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
I suggest to find a dealer that will accept MSRP weather you build or buy off lot. Might mean you need to research dealers in your area. What I did was sit down with my dealer about 3 weeks ago. He went over the 2021 pricing vs the 2022. I was surprised that 2022 prices were not much more than 2021.
Bottom line is be prepared, find that right dealer you are comfortable with. If you have the time, wait for just what you want. Good luck.
Just call/email the internet sales departments, work off of a list of nearby dealers and tell them what you want? say something like I’m ready to buy today if we can do $500- under MSRP.
Your always better to negotiate from invoice. So say I’ll pay $500 - $1,000 over invoice. You should figure out model and options and find the invoice price. As the year comes to an end they will want to sell cars. You can get the car guy excited if you say something like I’m still not sure if I want to sell my 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road pickup or trade it in? Tell him you owe no money on it. lol ?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Just call/email the internet sales departments, work off of a list of nearby dealers and tell them what you want? say something like I’m ready to buy today if we can do $500- under MSRP.
Your always better to negotiate from invoice. So say I’ll pay $500 - $1,000 over invoice. You should figure out model and options and find the invoice price. As the year comes to an end they will want to sell cars. You can get the car guy excited if you say something like I’m still not sure if I want to sell my 2015 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road pickup or trade it in? Tell him you owe no money on it. lol ?
Not in this environment. Did you get below MSRP on a order? With next to nothing on the lots all that is left are cars I would never buy. Tons of orders rolling in. I got MSRP with the $1000 bonus cash. Dealers here basically state MSRP is only price if you want a car.

Last edited:

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
If this was 2-3 years ago, I'd say yeah, that approach might work. Today? With inventory so low and used cars prices at a all time high, there is no incentive for dealers to sell below MSRP.
Also, I would not trade in a car today to the dealers, if your able and have the time, sell privately. You'll get more.

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
Did you get below MSRP on a order? With next to nothing on the lots all that is left are cars I would never buy. Tons of orders rolling in. I got MSRP with the $1000 bonus cash. My trade in will be 100% paid off FJ cruiser. Dealers here basically state MSRP is only price if you want a car.
Tons of orders rolling in? That's a stretch. There are still some 2021 BS's coming in but majority get sold before landing on the lot. And the one's that don't get sold don't stay on the lot long.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Tons of orders rolling in? That's a stretch. There are still some 2021 BS's coming in but majority get sold before landing on the lot. And the one's that don't get sold don't stay on the lot long.
when I wrote “tons of orders rolling in“ I was referencing custom orders going into the order banks, not actual car rolling into lots.

Last edited:

younglefthander

Big Bend
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport / Maverick
when I wrote “tons of orders rolling in“ I was referencing custom orders going into the order banks, not actual car rolling into lots.
That I agree with, sure does seem to a trend to custom order now. But there will always be stock orders coming in for those that don't want to go that route. But the choices will be less.

Warren505

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Website
warren149.wordpress.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford
2022MY is almost same MSRP, since he could my dealer decided to order a 2022 identical to my non delivered 2021 BS BL Cyber orange. He figured we would see what comes on first . Selling the other should be no problem….
My 2021 is a currently a Christmas delivery desert queen at the moment.
Cheers

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500 LTZ Z71 crew cab
If this was 2-3 years ago, I'd say yeah, that approach might work. Today? With inventory so low and used cars prices at a all time high, there is no incentive for dealers to sell below MSRP.
Also, I would not trade in a car today to the dealers, if your able and have the time, sell privately. You'll get more.
I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado half ton LTZZ 71 crew cab I paid 36 for it in March 2019.. I owe 26 on it as of the end of the year. Dealership said they would give me 29 -5 for it and they said it’s better to trade it in because of taxes? I don’t know what this means but I want to private sale it but I’m waiting to get my build week date from Ford motor and approximate shipping/arrival time at the dealership so I can sell my truck ….right now the KBB and Edmunds Says private sale can be anywhere between 34 and 36… I’d like to get as much as possible so I have a bigger down payment so I will have a lower car payment… But I don’t know what this tax thing is that the dealership is talking about making it beneficial to trade it ? I’m in Maine. My truck currently, has 68,000 miles on it , and is in good condition. Thoughts ? Suggestions ? Thanks.

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
I have a 2016 Chevy Silverado half ton LTZZ 71 crew cab I paid 36 for it in March 2019.. I owe 26 on it as of the end of the year. Dealership said they would give me 29 -5 for it and they said it’s better to trade it in because of taxes? I don’t know what this means but I want to private sale it but I’m waiting to get my build week date from Ford motor and approximate shipping/arrival time at the dealership so I can sell my truck ….right now the KBB and Edmunds Says private sale can be anywhere between 34 and 36… I’d like to get as much as possible so I have a bigger down payment so I will have a lower car payment… But I don’t know what this tax thing is that the dealership is talking about making it beneficial to trade it ? I’m in Maine. My truck currently, has 68,000 miles on it , and is in good condition. Thoughts ? Suggestions ? Thanks.
It is because you only pay sales taxes on the difference between what they give you for your trade and the cost of the new vehicle. In my case I am trading in a 2019 Ranger lariat that they are probably going to give me $39k for. Because my trade in is worth $7k more than the Bronco I am buying, there won't be any sales tax on the transaction at all. In my county in WA, sales tax is 8.6% which would be about $2600 on the Bronco. So if I were to sell it private party I would need to sell it for $41,600 to make up the difference I would save in sales tax. It is way less hassle to trade it in for the tax savings. So in your situation, say you are buying a Big bend that is around $32k. Your trade in is $29.5k so you would only have to pay sales taxes on the difference of $2500 (sales tax without your trade would be $1760). You can use the remaining $3500 for a down payment. So the basic transaction would be $32k-29.5k=$2500+$137 sales tax+the 26k you owe on your truck=$28637 financed (obviously very simplified without any other fees). So in your case if you could ultimately sell it for at least $31,200 or so it would be a wash. More would be more money to put down on the Bronco. Since you are ordering one as long as you have a firm price from the dealership, you could list yours for sale maybe once the Bronco ships and just test the market. If you can get a couple grand more than the trade in value it may be worth the hassle. Also a good idea would be to check in with the dealer and see if that trade value changes. My dealer told me that they are paying more for trades these days because prices at auction are insane and once they pay transport fees and other costs needed to get them ready for sale, it isn't worth it. Thankfully my Ranger has only 10k miles and I am obsessive about taking care of my vehicles so it pretty much looks brand new inside and out.

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022MY is almost same MSRP, since he could my dealer decided to order a 2022 identical to my non delivered 2021 BS BL Cyber orange. He figured we would see what comes on first . Selling the other should be no problem….
My 2021 is a currently a Christmas delivery desert queen at the moment.
Cheers
I started with the Outer Banks. With the Outer Banks package a 2021, no moonroof..MSRP $35410
upgraded to moonroof.. had to get a 22 as 21 weren’t offering the moonroof with the OB pkg MSRP $36550
researched and changed mind on engine and built and priced a 2021 BL with the BL package on Ford.com $MSRP 38195
sent it to my dealership..
they said the 21s were all done.. ( this was last Wednesday 10/12) they said I had to go with a 2022 and MSRP $ 37465
ordered it with them…waiting for build week confirmation..
last one took a Week after the ” we’ve received your order “ email
So am I going to be paying $ 37465 plus Maine taxes, doc fees and lord knows what else….?? Or do I have the ability to negotiate that price ?

Aleta51

Badlands
First Name
Danielle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is because you only pay sales taxes on the difference between what they give you for your trade and the cost of the new vehicle. In my case I am trading in a 2019 Ranger lariat that they are probably going to give me $39k for. Because my trade in is worth $7k more than the Bronco I am buying, there won't be any sales tax on the transaction at all. In my county in WA, sales tax is 8.6% which would be about $2600 on the Bronco. So if I were to sell it private party I would need to sell it for $41,600 to make up the difference I would save in sales tax. It is way less hassle to trade it in for the tax savings. So in your situation, say you are buying a Big bend that is around $32k. Your trade in is $29.5k so you would only have to pay sales taxes on the difference of $2500 (sales tax without your trade would be $1760). You can use the remaining $3500 for a down payment. So the basic transaction would be $32k-29.5k=$2500+$137 sales tax+the 26k you owe on your truck=$28637 financed (obviously very simplified without any other fees). So in your case if you could ultimately sell it for at least $31,200 or so it would be a wash. More would be more money to put down on the Bronco. Since you are ordering one as long as you have a firm price from the dealership, you could list yours for sale maybe once the Bronco ships and just test the market. If you can get a couple grand more than the trade in value it may be worth the hassle. Also a good idea would be to check in with the dealer and see if that trade value changes. My dealer told me that they are paying more for trades these days because prices at auction are insane and once they pay transport fees and other costs needed to get them ready for sale, it isn't worth it. Thankfully my Ranger has only 10k miles and I am obsessive about taking care of my vehicles so it pretty much looks brand new inside and out.
Thank you very much for that explanation. So basically I would have to sell my vehicle for at least 31500 or more to make it worth not trading it in to save $ on the sales tax ? Because currently I ordered a BS BL with the BL pkg… MSRP $37465.. I will have at least a $4000 cash down payment and my truck trade in.
They started at $27, 500 . I said no. Then they offered $29500… and people were like you can sell that for way more than that private sale…. but then I was trying to figure out the amount I would have to sell it for to make up for the sales tax I would save trading it in. I think I get it now… ?? I just need to figure out what’s the lowest price I could take as a private sale to make up for the sales tax I would save doing a trade in . ?

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
Thank you very much for that explanation. So basically I would have to sell my vehicle for at least 31500 or more to make it worth not trading it in to save $ on the sales tax ? Because currently I ordered a BS BL with the BL pkg… MSRP $37465.. I will have at least a $4000 cash down payment and my truck trade in.
They started at $27, 500 . I said no. Then they offered $29500… and people were like you can sell that for way more than that private sale…. but then I was trying to figure out the amount I would have to sell it for to make up for the sales tax I would save trading it in. I think I get it now… ?? I just need to figure out what’s the lowest price I could take as a private sale to make up for the sales tax I would save doing a trade in . ?
Looking at my math I was a little off because of the way percentages work and because I didn't know what you were buying. So right now if your msrp is $37465 and you trade in your truck at 29500 you will pay sales tax on 7965 which would be $438. If you sold your truck instead of trading you would pay sales tax on the full msrp which would be $2060. So you would save $1622 in sales tax by trading in. Therefore if you sell it privately you would need to get more than $31,122 for it to be financially beneficial to you. Selling privately can be a hassle but if you can get a couple grand more than the $31k it may be worthwhile.
Sponsored