2022 BS BB front driver side rattle noises - Thought it was the manual park release cable but was told its normal

Fredghost

Big Bend
First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've watched numerous videos on the forums of people with rattle noises caused by defective manual park release cables so I took it to the dealer. The dealer looked at my vehicle and told me that it is a normal noise caused by the turbo and that 2022s don't have manual park release cable.

Does anyone know if this is accurate that 2022s don't have manual park release cables?
Sponsored

Dr. B

Badlands
First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I've watched numerous videos on the forums of people with rattle noises caused by defective manual park release cables so I took it to the dealer. The dealer looked at my vehicle and told me that it is a normal noise caused by the turbo and that 2022s don't have manual park release cable.

Does anyone know if this is accurate that 2022s don't have manual park release cables?

The same happened to me today! 2022 Badlands with the premium B&O. This is very disappointing. Just got vehicle so this should definitely not be happening!

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
Check the a pillars. Both of mine rattle. The drivers side is down where it meets the dash and the passenger where it meets the headliner. I can reproduce it by pushing on them. I’m also getting rattle from the sunroof, you can push on the front middle of the glass and it stops. 22 badlands with b&o also. Is worse when cold under 30 degrees and is a constant ticking/tapping sound. But is always there. Sounds like bad seal/adhesive, sticking then not sticking. The roof rattle is from the deflector rattling on the roof frame. Have 700 miles on my BS. Also starting to get rattle in the back. Might be the whole headliner. Trying to locate them all cause dealers can’t hear rattles unless there’s money involved. Here’s the dash rattle

Last edited:

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

I have a 2022 bronco sport and it and all of them have the manual park release cable. They are blowing smoke

my vehicle gives off a lot of noise from the front driverside but I haven’t changed it to the new revised cable with the counterweight yet

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have a 2022 bronco sport and it and all of them have the manual park release cable. They are blowing smoke

my vehicle gives off a lot of noise from the front driverside but I haven’t changed it to the new revised cable with the counterweight yet
Is the revised cable being used by Ford for models in production now?

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Not sure about right. Now. Mine is still the old one and it was built Jan 27/22 so definitely suspect. Maybe I should remove it all together and take for a test drive Good way to rule it out

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
UPDATE - dealer was useless I actually removed the park release cable and then drove it. Wow. So much quieter at least so far 🙂. At least that’s confirmed to have caused or acted as a pathway for noise from the engine bay the rattles are non existent between gear changes

Curtisk228

Outer Banks
First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're having the same issue with our Bronco Outerbanks. But only when the car is first warming up. Maybe in the first 30 mins or so. Especially between gears. I want to believe it's the grill opening and closing while the engine warms up. I read somewhere the grill has a damper that shuts to warm the engine up quicker then opens once it hits a certain temp. Not really sure what the culprit is but it's really annoying for being q brand new vehicle...

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
We're having the same issue with our Bronco Outerbanks. But only when the car is first warming up. Maybe in the first 30 mins or so. Especially between gears. I want to believe it's the grill opening and closing while the engine warms up. I read somewhere the grill has a damper that shuts to warm the engine up quicker then opens once it hits a certain temp. Not really sure what the culprit is but it's really annoying for being q brand new vehicle...

change it to the new one even though they say normal, they are BSing u
Sponsored