sdavis7692

Badlands
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Has anyone on here been able to negotiate with dealers at all on 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands versus just flat out paying MSRP? I am tired of waiting on the one I ordered back in November 2021 that the build date has moved FIVE times and found one very similar, but the MSRP is about $3K higher.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
These are EXTREMELY sought after vehicles right now. Some people are flying cross country to purchase one because their local dealers can't keep dealer stock on the lot. Many report--me included--purchasing their cars right off the delivery truck.

Given the current market, I find it highly unlikely you will be successful in negotiating much below MSRP for dealer stock vehicles. There are a few dealerships offering discounts below MSRP for new orders, but I don't believe that applies to their dealer stock vehicles.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
These are EXTREMELY sought after vehicles right now. Some people are flying cross country to purchase one because their local dealers can't keep dealer stock on the lot. Many report--me included--purchasing their cars right off the delivery truck.

Given the current market, I find it highly unlikely you will be successful in negotiating much below MSRP for dealer stock vehicles. There are a few dealerships offering discounts below MSRP for new orders, but I don't believe that applies to their dealer stock vehicles.
Also don't forget that the price has gone up since you ordered as well. So any dealer stock BS will be more expensive than your ordered BS. Of course they may also be adding Additional Dealer Markup (ADM).

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Sadly Stephen, in this market, MSRP is a good deal, especially if you are avoiding any silly dealership markups. And if you need proof of the craziness, try to buy a used Badlands. The low mile used ones around here are several thousand over MSRP.

Outback Texan

Badlands
First Name
MIke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I was lucky to find a dealer (back in May) who does not mark up on-the-lot vehicles or add a lot of stuff and overcharge for it.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Sadly Stephen, in this market, MSRP is a good deal, especially if you are avoiding any silly dealership markups. And if you need proof of the craziness, try to buy a used Badlands. The low mile used ones around here are several thousand over MSRP.
That’s me. I picked up a used 21 BL in April with only 1.5k on the clock for $1500 over what it cost NEW. They payed my $1500 more on my trade in (bought-new 21 OB in October) so it was a wash, but still.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Has anyone on here been able to negotiate with dealers at all on 2022 Bronco Sport Badlands versus just flat out paying MSRP? I am tired of waiting on the one I ordered back in November 2021 that the build date has moved FIVE times and found one very similar, but the MSRP is about $3K higher.
The only dealer who might negotiate off that price would be the one you have the order with. They may cut you a brake on the new pricing knowing they have one coming behind it. But either way you may be forgetting something, if you qualified for the $1000 order incentive rebate, that's off the table.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
If you want it that bad and three grand is stopping you then your after more toy than you can afford. Get a better job or buy a Kia.
Really, three grand is what 8% more.
Do you want it or not ?
Step up to the plate or go sit on the porch.
You screw around much longer and they may cost even more !

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
Student discount. Join mustang club America (costs 35 bucks) then get x plan(invoice minus 2%) you may wanna check various other clubs or orgs because some require a year
Membership and or 3
Months to join and limited dealer doc fees.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
If you want it that bad and three grand is stopping you then your after more toy than you can afford. Get a better job or buy a Kia.
Do you want it or not ?
Don't you mean Mitsubishi? Kias aren't that cheap anymore.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
Student discount. Join mustang club America (costs 35 bucks) then get x plan(invoice minus 2%) you may wanna check various other clubs or orgs because some require a year
Membership and or 3
Months to join and limited dealer doc fees.
Ford is doing away with some of the x-plan deals. For example, the x-plan for stockholders goes away at the end of 2022.

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
Ford is doing away with some of the x-plan deals. For example, the x-plan for stockholders goes away at the end of 2022.
Yes, but mustang owners club was valid when I got mine. And there are
Like 900 organizations on the list. I’m confident you could find one. Hell the quarter horse owners organization is eligible.(I guess because trucks to pull horse trailers)

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
Do you want it or not ?
not with you here. I wouldn’t pay $3,000 grand more for something because I don’t have patience for my order to come through.

if enough people stopped paying these above MSRP prices, they’ll come down quickly.

WLK

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
With interest rates climbing the sale for these will slow down. The dealerships around me seemed to have slowed down as they still have them on their lots, a couple of months ago they were selling fast.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Around where I live any Badlands Sport either incoming or on the lots is 2-5k over MSRP and they sell very fast. All you have to do is poo poo around and it will end up getting sold to someone else.

Even with economy challenges the new vehicle supply / demand is still out of whack. Ford needs to build 250k or more sports a year to meet demand and they not going to be able to do that in foreseeable future. So sellers market dealers have upper hand and dealers are all to happy to take advantage of these market conditions.
Sponsored