2022 Badlands w/premium package now includes USB A and C ports in rear passenger area

fistpumpbruh

Badlands
First Name
Karson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST st3
Just clowning around and noticed that there's now USB a and c ports in the back passenger area, whereas there was only the 110v previously. No idea if this is on all 2022s, but it's in mine!

Ford Bronco Sport 2022 Badlands w/premium package now includes USB A and C ports in rear passenger area PXL_20220104_200144344
Sponsored

OP
OP
fistpumpbruh

fistpumpbruh

Badlands
First Name
Karson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus ST st3
My 2021 has it.

Must've been switched over late in the model year then, I distinctly remember may reviewers decrying the lack of USB ports in the back seat in nearly every video ?

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Must've been switched over late in the model year then, I distinctly remember may reviewers decrying the lack of USB ports in the back seat in nearly every video ?
Ford published that after some date in May all them had the ports on rear of console. Must have been all the online reviewers complaining so Ford changed it on units built after May '21

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
My June built unit has the revised plugs on back of console.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Ford published that after some date in May all them had the ports on rear of console. Must have been all the online reviewers complaining so Ford changed it on units built after May '21
Ford is so weird.

"Reviewers want USB ports in the backseat so lets give it to them." Then says,
"No one needs temperature gauges in the AC controls. Delete them!" "Power liftgate? Blasphemy!"

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Now if only the USB in the center console was actually hooked up to the sync unit.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Now if only the USB in the center console was actually hooked up to the sync unit.
At some point I should prob see if all the various plugs in mine actually work..... hmmmm.....

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
"Power liftgate? Blasphemy!"
I suspect this may have something to do with center of gravity. A power liftgate requires motors and the structure to support them--all installed at the top of the vehicle. The Bronco Sport is already tall, so the CG is high to begin with. Every pound you add to the top increases the CG more. Off-road prowess requires a CG as low as possible.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
"No one needs temperature gauges in the AC controls. Delete them!"
Omg I didn’t even realize they did this. It still shows the temp in the dial in the build and price. I was actually really excited to have a smart AC/Heat unit in my car for once. Super disappointing. At least now I’m prepared for the disappointment ?. Although I’ll probably never adjust it once I have it dialed in anyways.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I suspect this may have something to do with center of gravity. A power liftgate requires motors and the structure to support them--all installed at the top of the vehicle. The Bronco Sport is already tall, so the CG is high to begin with. Every pound you add to the top increases the CG more. Off-road prowess requires a CG as low as possible.
Dude, many different 'off road' vehicles have it. The BS, outside of our circle, isn't that special that amotor couldnt've been added.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Omg I didn’t even realize they did this. It still shows the temp in the dial in the build and price. I was actually really excited to have a smart AC/Heat unit in my car for once. Super disappointing. At least now I’m prepared for the disappointment ?. Although I’ll probably never adjust it once I have it dialed in anyways.
I wish I could take the credit but a 2022'er noticed it.

Idontknow

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cross trek and grand caravan
I wish I could take the credit but a 2022'er noticed it.
Just found a picture of it on Reddit. Very underwhelming ?
Sponsored