Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Admin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Our photographer just caught a prototype of the 2021 Ford Bronco Sport testing virtually undisguised.

The signature boxy design features an upright front fascia with signature Bronco headlight clusters, with a round headlight joined by a horizontal element. The grille is wrapped in camo on this tester, but from the recent fully leaked images we already know that it will have "BRONCO" spelled out in the center. The front fascia is clearly angled in a way so as to maximize the approach angle, as clearly seen from the profile photos.

The hood joins blacked-out A-pillars. Meanwhile, the roof - complete with roof rails - has a slight "step up" behind the B-pillar area and there's also a raised body line after the C-pillar, giving the Bronco Sport a look that's somewhat reminiscent of older Land Rovers.

The rear end of the 2021 Bronco Sport features a top-hinged liftgate followed by a pair of tail lights with an LED outline. Like the front, the rear appears to be optimized for a capable departure angle. Gray 17-inch wheels with a double spoke design round out the package.

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle Bronco_Sport_Interior_001
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle Bronco_Sport_Interior_002
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle Bronco_Sport_Interior_003
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle Bronco_Sport_Interior_004
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle Bronco_Sport_Interior_005
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle Bronco_Sport_Interior_006
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle Bronco_Sport_Interior_007
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle Bronco_Sport_Interior_008
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle Bronco_Sport_Interior_009
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle Bronco_Sport_Interior_010
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle Bronco_Sport_Interior_011
Sponsored

Last edited:

capitbull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F250 CC SB
Will the roof rails be standard? I can't remember if we've seen prototypes without it.

The main thing is it's good to see Ford is still out testing it, hopefully it stays on track for release.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Dual Exhaust..... hummmmmm....... I wonder which engine.... Does the 2.0 Eco run with dual exhaust????
Most likely just a single exhaust with a muffler with two outlets......

Front Tow Hooks too.......

Last edited:

STERBEN

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Escape SE Sport, 2019 Ranger XLT Sport
Dual Exhaust..... hummmmmm....... I wonder which engine.... Does the 2.0 Eco run with dual exhaust????

Both the 1.5L and 2L in the Escapes and 2.3L Mustang run single exhaust dual exit. Safe bet this will be the same. Only reason for true dual exhaust is with 2 separate banks

Sunny Joe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mobiles
Okay, for my money, this is a grand slam.
I've always liked the 2006-12 Escapes, as well as anything Land Rover, so for me, I'm all in.

I'm having a hard time believing that Ford didn't goof this uP.

These vehicles will sell like hotcakes.
Guaranteed Winner!
I'm lovin' it!

I might try to figure out a way to own a Bronco Sport and new Bronco too. I'm serious.
Ford is absolutely killing it with these two vehicles!!

God Bless America!

Grove_LA

Badlands
First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150
Still haven’t gotten a clear shot of the roof. Makes me think that it probably has a removable room option like the Jeep renegade.

Jomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Hope the steelie wheels are standard, because this may make a good looking stripped vehicle. I much prefer the black details on door handles and mirrors, which again, will likely be a lower cost trim. Now only if they have the full vinyl interior that you clean out with a hose.:)

Last edited:

Jomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Still haven’t gotten a clear shot of the roof. Makes me think that it probably has a removable room option like the Jeep renegade.
There is some weird stuff going on with the rear roof. It looks like there is another bump in roof, in addition to the big hump after the B-pillar. The first few photos show this, but it is hard to understand. I wonder if the antenna is to deflect what’s really going on.

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado
I’m sick of people saying this is a Jeep Renegade competitor. It’s definitely a Jeep Compass Rival.
or am I missing something???
Renegade vs Ecosport
Compass vs Bronco Sport
Cherokee vs Escape
Grand Cherokee vs Edge
Durango vs Explorer
Wrangler vs Bronco
Wagoneer vs Expedition

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport Spied Nearly Undisguised From Every Angle 976D6193-D20C-48C5-8AAE-0C3CBDB6A187

FirstOnRaceDay

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Mercury Grand Marquis, 2017 Honda Civic, 2019.5 Chevy Silverado
Where would the Bronco fit in that chart, between the cherokee and grand cherokee?
They are SUVs. Not crossovers. But if you want to lump them together. It would be smaller than Edge bigger than Escape (for the 4 door). Then the Expedition vs the Wagoneer at the bottom

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape, '09 Mercury Mariner, '17 Suzuki V-Strom 650, '80 Kawasaki KZ750 (Bought new)

The
Escape does have 1-into-2 exhaust

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ford Escape, '09 Mercury Mariner, '17 Suzuki V-Strom 650, '80 Kawasaki KZ750 (Bought new)
They are SUVs. Not crossovers. But if you want to lump them together. It would be smaller than Edge bigger than Escape (for the 4 door). Then the Expedition vs the Wagoneer at the bottom
Looking at the specs, Bronco will go head to head with the Toyota 4Runner, Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Land Rover Discovery. I am "spread sheet challenged", but if you go to their websites, you'll see how comparable they are.
Sponsored