2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
A couple days ago I went by the Ford place in Jefferson City and noticed they had an Area 51 Big Bend Bronco Sport up in front. I also took a look at this compared to its platform-mate, the Escape, and I have to say, I think I like the Bronco Sport a lot more. More personality, space, and off-road chops seem to make it a better car than the Escape in my opinion. Please enjoy the photos I took! I will answer your questions in the comments.
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-01
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-02
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-03
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-04
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-05
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-06
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-07
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-08
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-09
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-10
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-11
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-12
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-13
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-14
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-15

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-16
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Ford Bronco Sport: My First Impressions broncosport-17
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sergeant Gearhead

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
A few additional things:
I didn't remember to get a picture of the dealer sticker, but I do remember that the car stickered for $30,150. No Big Bend Package, no Ford Co-Pilot 360 Assist, just the towing package.

Kayla

Big Bend
First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Curious if rear locking diffs only come with Badlands??

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Only the Badlands and FE has the Twin-Clutch rear drive. They are the only ones with additional Mud/Ruts and Rock modes.

Kayla

Big Bend
First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Only the Badlands and FE has the Twin-Clutch rear drive. They are the only ones with additional Mud/Ruts and Rock modes.
okay cool, thanks for confirmation!
I just picked my BB up on Monday & just trying to understand the differences in packaging, thanks!

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
okay cool, thanks for confirmation!
I just picked my BB up on Monday & just trying to understand the differences in packaging, thanks!
Unless you want to go Muddding and or rock climb.. more serious off-road stuff. I don't think you'll miss it much if its mostly a commuter car and a weekend trail rider.

Kayla

Big Bend
First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Unless you want to go Muddding and or rock climb.. more serious off-road stuff. I don't think you'll miss it much if its mostly a commuter car and a weekend trail rider.
I didn’t plan on anything too serious but do live in New England so was hoping for something to make it through the rough winters but thinking I can just get some better tires & maybe 1” lift since I didn’t opt the package ?

OP
OP
Sergeant Gearhead

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Cool photos, i like the close-ups of the front and back lights lit up
Same! Photos simply do not do this car justice. You have to see it in person to get the full experience. It's such a good-looking car, and the more I think of it the more excited I become to see the actual Bronco!

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I didn’t plan on anything too serious but do live in New England so was hoping for something to make it through the rough winters but thinking I can just get some better tires & maybe 1” lift since I didn’t opt the package ?
I believe one of the modes is slippery/snow that comes standard? Please let us know how it does with snow/winter tires.

OP
OP
Sergeant Gearhead

Sergeant Gearhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
I believe one of the modes is slippery/snow that comes standard? Please let us know how it does with snow/winter tires.
On standard Bronco Sports, you have five GOAT modes: Normal, Sport, Eco, Sand, and Slippery. Badlands and FE models get Mud/Ruts and Rock/Crawl in addition.

Kayla

Big Bend
First Name
Kayla
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I posted a quick video on the Facebook
Bronco Sport page, I took it out in about a foot in a fresh parking lot & floored it,
Got stuck for a minute but then tried out that “slippery mode” & I did get right out so was pretty proud!
Again mine being the stock BB so no upgraded tires or 1 inch lift. ??

BobH

Badlands
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Miata GT 97 f150 21 BS BL
Got to test drive a BS BB today. Cactus grey with co-pilot assist+. No BB package. Salesman, who I ordered a BS BL through, called and asked if I wanted to test drive their first BS. First of all I was impressed by the 1.5 engine. My Escape has a 2.0 in it and is very quick for an SUV. The ride was smooth and comfortable. Like others commented, it did seem bigger than it actually was. My regular driver is an 06 Miata (except on ice and snow, which is the rough equivalent of suicide) so I am used to pretty good handling. It handled well and didn't feel bulky. Steering was quick and easy and had a great turning radius. Also had my first experience with lane keeping assist on the interstate. I liked it a lot and can't wait to get my BL. I live about 50 miles from Badlands National Park and will take pictures of it in its namesake asap after I get it.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
First of all I was impressed by the 1.5 engine. My Escape has a 2.0 in it and is very quick for an SUV. The ride was smooth and comfortable. Like others commented, it did seem bigger than it actually was.
I thought the same thing. It definitely does not drive like a 1.5L 3-cylinder. I wish I could have floored it more when I was test driving but, alas, traffic. I’m actually thinking of naming mine The Tardis because it’s bigger on the inside.
Sponsored