2021 Ford Bronco Sport Base won't start. 300 miles. Was towed this morning.

OP
OP

dvoss

Base
First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Base
sorry about that. I mistakenly posted on your thread. Sounds like yours will be fine. Good luck.
Thanks, I didn't even notice. I am interested in all comments :)
Sponsored

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
As far as the car not staying in neutral, listen to this in case you have the same problem down the road...
This is outlined in the owners manual. You said you were aware of a safety feature regarding the transmission, but you never bothered to look it up?

OP
OP

dvoss

Base
First Name
Diane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Base
This is outlined in the owners manual. You said you were aware of a safety feature regarding the transmission, but you never bothered to look it up?
Yes, I was aware of the safety feature (automatic return to park - explained to me that if you exit the car, it will return to park automatically), but the stay in neutral while sitting in the car was not mentioned. I was more focused on the dead battery, thinking that was also causing the shifting issue. The manual is 468 pages long. Had I searched for transmission instead of battery issues, I probably would have found it at that time. I was frustrated and rushed, and didn't think of searching under transmission. However, the biggest problem was a dead battery.

How Does Automatic Return to Park (P) Work
Your vehicle shifts into park (P) when your vehicle is stationary and any of the following occur:
  • You switch the vehicle off.
  • You open the driver door with your seatbelt unlatched.
  • You unlatch the driver seatbelt when the driver door is open.

Danno919

Outer Banks
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
So ours wouldn’t start this morning. Start light was blinking. 21k miles on ours. I pulled the positive battery cable and it reset. I don’t see this being a battery issue. All good at the moment but we will see what happen. I love carrying tools around in a new car

JTaylor

Outer Banks
First Name
Jourdan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Hey @Danno919 - I know this post is old, but I was a bit curious about your experience with your car not starting. My outer banks has moments (usually in high heat) where it won’t start. Interior lights turn on, and the engine start button blinks, but nothing beyond that.
Did you ever learn more about your cars issue?
Sponsored