raisedbygoats

Base
First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
What's up with the Rigid Light Bar? It became available last month but I just noticed that it's description says "Fits 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands or First Edition w/ 2.0L EcoBoost Engine." Does anyone know why only those two models are noted? Also has anyone mounted a roof light bar on their bronco yet?
Sponsored

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
What's up with the Rigid Light Bar? It became available last month but I just noticed that it's description says "Fits 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands or First Edition w/ 2.0L EcoBoost Engine." Does anyone know why only those two models are noted? Also has anyone mounted a roof light bar on their bronco yet?
they have a different set of roof rails than the lower end models.

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I believe it's because the FE/BL trim levels have auxiliary wiring capped off behind the drivers side A-pillar, not because the roof rails are different.

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I believe it's because the FE/BL trim levels have auxiliary wiring capped off behind the drivers side A-pillar, not because the roof rails are different.
The roof rails are visually different. Though I'm not sure if that difference is purely aesthetic or if their physical characteristics are different.

FirsandFire

Big Bend
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
The roof rails are visually different. Though I'm not sure if that difference is purely aesthetic or if their physical characteristics are different.
My guess is aesthetic since I believe the factory cross bars fit all trim levels regardless of the roof rails on the trim levels having cutouts in the front vs. the base,BB, and OB.
Also, the Rigid kit requires the factory rails to be drilled and have nutserts installed for the brackets to thread into. So the FE,BL don't have that hardware preinstalled either.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Outerbanks
Any idea if it can be modified. The light bar was the only accessory I REALLY wanted. You have any idea what's different about them?
I installed Rough Country's 20" grill light bar and it turned out awesome, my only negative thing was the switch it came with, you're gonna wanna buy after market. Also rough country has the 40" light bar that goes on the roof rails, but it is rivited in and people dont like that part, but i am not paying $1100 for a light bar. Hope that helps.
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Bronco Sport Rigid Light Bar 20220322_110840
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Bronco Sport Rigid Light Bar IMG_20220315_123152_01

BSPittsburgh

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mercury Mariner Premier
I installed Rough Country's 20" grill light bar and it turned out awesome, my only negative thing was the switch it came with, you're gonna wanna buy after market. Also rough country has the 40" light bar that goes on the roof rails, but it is rivited in and people dont like that part, but i am not paying $1100 for a light bar. Hope that helps.
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Bronco Sport Rigid Light Bar 20220322_110840
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Bronco Sport Rigid Light Bar IMG_20220315_123152_01
This doesnt mess with the lane sensors/collision detection does it? I didn't get 360+ but not sure if the non upgrade safety features are sensed from the same position. I love the look of this light bar but don't want to impede safety features.

Also, which version of the lights did you get? The website is not clear on differences and the pics/videos all look the same no matter what option you choose.

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Outerbanks
This doesnt mess with the lane sensors/collision detection does it? I didn't get 360+ but not sure if the non upgrade safety features are sensed from the same position. I love the look of this light bar but don't want to impede safety features.

Also, which version of the lights did you get? The website is not clear on differences and the pics/videos all look the same no matter what option you choose.
Hey, no it does not mess with any of the vehicles safety, it comes with its own relay and inline fuse. As for the version... it's rough countries 20" grill light bar. Hope that helps.

BSPittsburgh

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Mercury Mariner Premier
Hey, no it does not mess with any of the vehicles safety, it comes with its own relay and inline fuse. As for the version... it's rough countries 20" grill light bar. Hope that helps.
Thank you I am definitely gonna get one of these. I was asking version wise about the type of lights. Mostly just don't understand the pros/cons of getting DRLs for an extra $30.

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Judging from the Rigid lightbar installation instructions, this will save one headache among 10. You still have to remove most of the interior panels in the rear, the C, B and A pillar interior panels, the rear weather stripping, and the headliner so you can drill/enlarge a hole in your left roof rail, seal it with silicone, run the cord through one of the roof rail mounts into the interior, and then you can attach to pre-existing wiring in the A pillar and then attach the switch to the other end of the wiring under the dash. So it's not like it's easy. It's slightly easier, but not easy. I would have preferred some other system that's way more accessible. But if you're bold and have a lot of time on your hands, you can still install the lightbar or any lightbar. You just need to run the wiring all the way down the A pillar and through the firewall. Instructions are here:
https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-15200K-CXR

I saw another user on here who mounted a lightbar on the roof and ran the cord along the drivers side rain rail that runs down the side of the windshield. I'm guessing he glued it in. From far away, you can't see the cord at all and even up close, it's fine. And you avoid having to drill holes in your roof and remove the interior. I'm guessing he then ran the wiring into the engine compartment, to the battery and then back through the firewall to a switch in the interior. I don't know if it was the Rigid lightbar that he installed but it's a nice alternative.
Sponsored

Last edited: