dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I think they officially kicked off production 10/26 but those are mostly for crash tests, internal testing, and probably dealer mannequins at most.

Today would be the first direct to consumer vehicles built?

OP
essentialemployee

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Maybe. I would like to know when they plan to finish the reservations and start dealer inventory. That way those without build dates scheduled would know the latest to expect it

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Maybe. I would like to know when they plan to finish the reservations and start dealer inventory. That way those without build dates scheduled would know the latest to expect it
Wow, where did you find that pic? There I was all fat and happy thinking production had started over a week ago.

i Believe the first units will mostly be dealer ordered mannequins (demos), followed by converted reservations. Typically Ford won’t build retail, that’s us with converted reservations, until they build for a week with no defects. Maybe today was that day? Ford’s NY region dealers are scheduling converted reservations thru February. Don’t know If it’s the same for other regions. So... long story probably dealer stock won’t be scheduled until March maybe? And that’s assuming that Ford doesn’t encounter other issues (COVID, supply issues, etc.). And I suspect that they might mix some of the different types of orders up a bit depending on capacity and parts availability.

OP
essentialemployee

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Wow, where did you find that pic? There I was all fat and happy thinking production had started over a week ago.

i Believe the first units will mostly be dealer ordered mannequins (demos), followed by converted reservations. Typically Ford won’t build retail, that’s us with converted reservations, until they build for a week with no defects. Maybe today was that day? Ford’s NY region dealers are scheduling converted reservations thru February. Don’t know If it’s the same for other regions. So... long story probably dealer stock won’t be scheduled until March maybe? And that’s assuming that Ford doesn’t encounter other issues (COVID, supply issues, etc.). And I suspect that they might mix some of the different types of orders up a bit depending on capacity and parts availability.
i found that first pic from the ford bronco sport owners Facebook group. This pic I found from stalking the plants employees instagrams
ED99859B-38AC-4A03-A448-4F90A6B255E3.jpeg

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
Cool, thanks for uploading the pics! Maybe the delay was to give them time to start building the bodies for final assembly? Hermasillo’s employees seem to be taking pride in building the Bronco Sport... great to see! Hope we get to see them soon.

And that’s not stalking, it’s intelligence gathering. 😂

OP
essentialemployee

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
Cool, thanks for uploading the pics! Maybe the delay was to give them time to start building the bodies for final assembly? Hermasillo’s employees seem to be taking pride in building the Bronco Sport... great to see! Hope we get to see them soon.

And that’s not stalking, it’s intelligence gathering. 😂
me gathering intelligence with all my tabs following every bronco sport platform and employee
1981559D-24DD-49F0-AF08-0DA741FFC252.jpeg

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Impreza
I think they officially kicked off production 10/26 but those are mostly for crash tests, internal testing, and probably dealer mannequins at most.

Today would be the first direct to consumer vehicles built?
It is possible that the first frame went on the line on 10/26 and came off on 11/5. They can produce several cars a day but a single car may take a week to go through the whole factory.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
It is possible that the first frame went on the line on 10/26 and came off on 11/5. They can produce several cars a day but a single car may take a week to go through the whole factory.
That would also make sense.... 10/26 is official start but 11/5 is first official finished car. Cool thought.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Subaru Forester XT
I got all excited the other day because on Ford's website it said a Bronco Sport had just arrived! I stopped by the next morning to check it out and they said "we don't have it yet, it will probably be another 3-4 weeks". Lol. Oh well.

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Escape
In July, Hermosillo plant manager said they planned to produce 160,000 Bronco Sports the first year...