TheMalamute

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
I agree. while my current forester is all stock (yes even tires smh i know) I plan on upgrading my BS. That being said i agree that the savings I would have from opting for the Big Bend could go into getting a lift / bigger tires for clearance, and recovery gear. All while having that bit of extra fuel economy. I honestly don't plan on doing crazy rock crawls out in moab, it'll be more dirt / sand trails. Sounds like lower trims may be the better option for me and what my needs are. I guess all it takes now is to at least test how it drives and that'll be my deciding factor.

either way, as long as I get on some trails again i'll be happy. gotta give my current car some rest
After a lot of consideration, I came to a similar conclusion. That’s a big reason I went with BB
Sponsored

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
If I wasn't seriously unhappy with my crosstrek CVT overheating I wouldn't be getting a Sport. However, the overheating combined with my new short commute had me sign up for the BL/BL. The low MPG won't hit me nearly as much as my old commute.

I'm really looking forward to the spring and taking it up the same hill without an issue.

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
I wanted the 2 liter as I felt it was a little smoother running than the 1.5 liter. The difference in mileage is not a deal breaker for me. Also the added off road suspension and bash plates made me feel much more comfortable taking it off road.

Jomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
I don't understand why his doesn't match my invoice dealer provided. The upgraded badland wheels on this sticker are listed for $300, mentions the 235 tires but no cost for them. My invoice (below) says the exact same wheels are $795.

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Bronco Sport MPG (23 Combined) Revealed in Actual Window Sticker 1606080809124
Did you find out anything with your dealer?

When the BS Badlands build and price first came out, the "steelies" were $300 with an automatic upgrade to the larger tire when selected. This exactly matches with the window sticker posted here. So this price was honored?

To this day, when you compare standard features just before and within the B&P, the 235/65-17 tires are shown as standard equipment for the Badlands. Sure would have removed a lot of confusion and footnotes if they were.

Last edited:

2001 escape

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Escape XLT
Glad to see they brought out the original Ford Escape again...lol

2001 Ford Escape/MPG

Up to 23 city / 28 highway

Horsetail

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Prius
I’m swapping in from a prius so definitely not buying the car for fuel economy. I feel like I’ve adequately hedged my purchase with Ford stock and with HFC stock :)

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
Just an observation I have made in the past...better gas = better fuel economy. If you measure price per mile consistently, the difference between 91 no ethanol and 87 no ethanol is pretty much a wash, price wise. It does vary depending on station pricing, but it's hard to see it with out actual scientific testing, and I suspect the station pricing might have something to do with their supply.

Given that, I opt for the best gas that I can get. I get a small boost in HP and a bigger boost service life of the fuel supply system.

One additional note...for some reason the Honda Ridgeline I currently drive does not fit that model...On 91 I push well above 25MGP during the summer. On 87 I at about 20MPG during the summer. Winter 20MPG and 16.5MPG respectively.

M1Tanker

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Almost done with my first tank. According to the gauge I have done 321 miles. I have just under a half a tank. Gauge says I have 175 miles until empty. That doesn't add up to anything near 23 mpg.

Nervous

Big Bend
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
It's disappointing, especially for a daily driver. Its gonna be a big drop for me.
I have a big bend getting 28.9 not to bad. I try to start out slow from a stand still an have improved my mileage by 3 mpg
Sponsored