Bronco

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
I found this article and this journalist is not initially impressed..

https://www.motorbiscuit.com/the-ford-bronco-sport-finally-tried-off-roading/

While the consensus is that the author has a bias, there was one statement that I found alarming.

The only problems seemed to occur when the 8.8 ground clearance of the Sport was too short. But the skid plates did their job of protecting the undercarriage. Also, the Mud/Sand modes automatically turn off when the Bronco goes over 13 mph.
It was the first that I read about the speed threshold of the Mud/Sand GOAT modes. I would like to think based on the author's bias that she was misinformed. But 13 mph is rather specific and odd if she was making it up. I would love to read some clarification from Ford if that is true.

My main off-road use is sand. And while there is a speed restriction on the beach for the safety of others, there is a 6 mile stretch between access ramps that is quite remote and isn't frequented by tourists. With a precautionary scan to ensure the coast is clear, the stretch is driven like a mini-Baja.

bronco3

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 435 xDrive Coupe
Seems very difficult to find an unbiased article. TFL is as close as I’ve come.

Beach_Bum

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco
Thanks, EE. It is a likely reason that she got mixed up. Thanks for the screenshot. From the literature, it sounds like my mini-Baja excursions are still possible.

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Found this just posted on youtube today. A bit annoying host but shows an Oxford White Bronco Sport in badlands trim and the upgraded wheels in the flesh. Looks sharp.

Youtube - Oxford White Bronco