Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
The base trim with 0 options will look better than any suv (full, mid and small size) imo and very capable.
I do like the look of the Acadia AT4 in the promo shots..

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Bronco Sport eSourceBook - 85 Pages of Specifications, Packaging/Options, Features And More 1597167022154

Problem is, you can't actually get this stance.. or tires.. IRL it looks much more like a station wagon.. I was very dissapointed when I saw it on a dealer lot.

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Jeep Cherokee, 72 CJ5, 2017 GTI
I believe there are two different configurations of roofs only. One with moonroof (that takes about 2 cu. ft. away) and one without moonroof (+2 cu. ft.)

Then in the cargo area.. The 2.0L loses another 2 cu. ft. due to a lack of floor height adjustment to make room for a full size spare. The 1.5L can probably lower and raise the loading floor. So I’m thinking this is not a separate configuration.
This sounds probable but the math for me still does not quite add up for the second row cargo. Seems to me based on the lost space in the front vs second row for head room there is only about 1 cubic foot lost there.

SUVs have shrinking cargo heights (many around 31") and absolutely useless if you need height in the back. Compare a 2001 Cherrokee that had 36" of height vs the 2020 at 31". The safari roof and boxy roof line on the Bronco Sport gives me hope for 35"+ but until someone can get a tape measure into the back we are unlikely to know for sure.

I know many people like to use the SUVs like a lifted sedan but some of us still want to use the Utility part of that name.

Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
I didn’t realize the power outlet in the back is only available on the Outer Banks on up. Also I noticed the under seat storage is only on the outer banks.

Last edited:

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I believe there are two different configurations of roofs only. One with moonroof (that takes about 2 cu. ft. away) and one without moonroof (+2 cu. ft.)

Then in the cargo area.. The 2.0L loses another 2 cu. ft. due to a lack of floor height adjustment to make room for a full size spare. The 1.5L can probably lower and raise the loading floor. So I’m thinking this is not a separate configuration.
It makes sense, but until I see one I am in the dark as to the reason...
The full size spare theory makes sense, but the "Class II Trailer hitch" option states that it includes a full size spare, as if you didn't get a full size spare without the trailer hitch. I think there may be a few bugs in the specs.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Yes you do have to select the tow package to get the full size spare. But what I’m thinking is.. is that if you get the 2.0L Without selecting the tow package.. you will have an empty compartment big enough to house a full size tire and eat away 2-3 cu. ft. of cargo storage. I’m thinking all the 2.0L have a raised loading floor that cannot be lowered like the 1.5L can but this is just me speculating.
This time around I'll get the tow package anyway, allthough I've skipped it on other vehicles before.

Slickrock

Badlands
First Name
Slick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Yes you do have to select the tow package to get the full size spare. But what I’m thinking is.. is that if you get the 2.0L Without selecting the tow package.. you will have an empty compartment big enough to house a full size tire and eat away 2-3 cu. ft. of cargo storage. I’m thinking all the 2.0L have a raised loading floor that cannot be lowered like the 1.5L can but this is just me speculating.
Wait.. that still doesn't make sense, as the Tow package is available on the Big Bend and Outer Banks as well.

There's still something weird with the configs...

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
I'd actually go sans-moonroof on a Badlands+Badlands build, but it looks like the moonroof is part of the package.
SAME - i hate my sunroof after the drains got clogged and water pooled on the driver's side floor on my Escape (2010). At least I know how to check it and how to maintain the drains now... - still, i really wish there was a sunroof delete option on BL package.

Washburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape Limited AWD / 2005 BMW 330Ci ZHP / 2014 Mazda6 Touring
Also I noticed the under seat storage is only on the outer banks.
WHAT!? really? I hope this is an error in the sourcebook because all promo the videos and pics are showing the under seat storage with the brown leather interior that comes in the BL package....

EDIT (I just checked and it is only standard on BL and FE... not available in OB or anything below BL)

erik1220

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Chrysler 300S, '89 Toyota MR2, '09 Altima
SAME - i hate my sunroof after the drains got clogged and water pooled on the driver's side floor on my Escape (2010). At least I know how to check it and how to maintain the drains now... - still, i really wish there was a sunroof delete option on BL package.
Totally agree. Especially since the Badlands is the full Off-roading model. I want the maximum roof weight limit of 150lbs so I can add a roof top tent and awning without exceeding weight limits. The additional inch or so of headroom inside is always nice too.

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WHAT!? really? I hope this is an error in the sourcebook because all promo the videos and pics are showing the under seat storage with the brown leather interior that comes in the BL package....

EDIT (I just checked and it is only standard on BL and FE... not available in OB or anything below BL)
Yah I spent some time figuring that out too. The wording was a bit inconstant.

Also seems that there is no memory seats even on the top trim or packages....

Thatch

Badlands
First Name
TAD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wait.. that still doesn't make sense, as the Tow package is available on the Big Bend and Outer Banks as well.

There's still something weird with the configs...
Ok Ford one of us needs 5 minutes with a bronco sport and a tape measure and we can work this out for you.

2Horse

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
I agree. I could easily do without the sunroof or moon roof and wish it wasn't included in the Badlands option package, especially after learning that it cuts into your interior space.

BroncoBoy40

First Edition
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 F-150 XLT, 97 Mustang GT, 89 Festiva

I'm really starting to lose focus on what really will be in a FE when mine comes in. Online says storage compartment, build sheet says no. This ebook says no navigation. No Assist 2.0 is where navigation is. However Sync3 has the same navigation per the online configurator? Now per the build sheet:

Ford Bronco Sport 2021 Bronco Sport eSourceBook - 85 Pages of Specifications, Packaging/Options, Features And More 1595461693529