Badlands
First Name
Petes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee Limited
Hi all,

Vivid Racing will start working on a BS BL and will document the modding process. I’m sure many of us will enjoy the follow-up videos!

Sponsored

Last edited:

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Very cool. I look forward to seeing the final product.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Interesting it was pulling more torque than listed!

fsjdw2

Badlands
First Name
Jerrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 5.0 GT convertible, 2022BS BL(pending)
I didn’t see what octane the tune requires? Also since my bronco sport hasn’t been delivered yet, will saod tune void warranty?

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I didn’t see what octane the tune requires? Also since my bronco sport hasn’t been delivered yet, will saod tune void warranty?
Depends. If you blow up your engine with this tune installed Ford will almost certainly not replace it under warranty. Page 13 of the 2021 warranty guide says (in part):

WHAT IS NOT COVERED UNDER THE NEW VEHICLE LIMITED WARRANTY?

Damage Caused By:

Damage Caused by Alteration or Modification

The New Vehicle Limited Warranty does not cover any damage caused by:
  • the installation or use of a non-Ford Motor Company part or software (other than a certified emissions part or software) or any part or software (Ford or non-Ford) designed for off-road use only installed after the vehicle leaves the control of Ford Motor Company, if the installed part fails or causes a Ford part to fail. Examples include, but are not limited to lift kits, oversized tires, roll bars, cellular phones, alarm systems, automatic starting systems and performance-enhancing powertrain components or software and performance “chips”.
Your vehicle may allow, enable or facilitate the use of certain non-Ford Motor Company software. Ford is not responsible for the functionality of such software. Ford may disallow, discontinue or modify your ability to use such software at any time without prior notification or incurring any warranty or other obligation. Non-Ford Motor Company software may be governed by End User License Agreement or warranty provided by the software provider. For Ford Motor Company software see End User License Agreement found in the Owner Manual.​
Any warranty claims not related to the engine will still be honored.

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
He mentions it in the first video as 91 octane
Sponsored