MasterSparky17221

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I have a continuing problem and I wonder if anybody else has experienced it. Trying to start the vehicle using Ford Pass. The vehicle does not start after sitting over night or for long periods of time. Besides that it works. The dealer can not find the problem. Any ideas?
Sponsored

tjbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport, 2020 Subaru Outback
The only time I had an issue, I think I found out that you can only remote start it so many times within a 24 hour period (this one I do not remember the details - I use remote start in the winter and have not used it all summer).
And also if you remote start it without driving it a few times (just let it idle to warm up), you have to get in it to start it before it will allow another remote start.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Are you getting low battery alerts on the app? Even if not, drop a trickle charger onto that battery and see if it behaves the next time. The battery in this seems subpar in my opinion. When I replace it, I am going to probably upgrade it because the vampire draws on it seem too taxing.

OP
OP

MasterSparky17221

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Not at all. The dealer checked for that issue. All software is up to date.

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
Any update with this? I’m experiencing this too. My BS will sit for 24hrs+ and I’m unable to remote start it via the Ford Pass app but I can still remote start it via the key fob.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have a continuing problem and I wonder if anybody else has experienced it. Trying to start the vehicle using Ford Pass. The vehicle does not start after sitting over night or for long periods of time. Besides that it works. The dealer can not find the problem. Any ideas?
Is the battery in your Badlands good?, if you have a multimeter I would check the batteries resting voltage, example would be after sitting overnight or after the few days it typically sits for. If the batteries standing voltage is low the software will put your vehicle in deep sleep mode to protect the battey, when in deep sleep mode remote start is not available.

Ford Pass remote start fix-it tips
  1. Check The FordPass App For Updates & Reboot Your Phone
  2. Force Quite The App or Restart Your Phone
  3. Delete The App, Clear Its Cache and Re-Install Everything
  4. Re-Complete Vehicle Authorization To The App
    1. How to connect your vehicle to FordPass App
  5. Test Your Battery
  6. Try Multiple Locations (Just In Case)
  7. Bring The Vehicle To Your Service Department To Check Cellular Module Or Provide A Software Update

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Any update with this? I’m experiencing this too. My BS will sit for 24hrs+ and I’m unable to remote start it via the Ford Pass app but I can still remote start it via the key fob.
As @RSH mentioned, this is almost certainly a battery issue. The car includes a battery management system that monitors battery voltage. If it senses a problem (low voltage) it begins to shut down systems to preserve the battery. This is so you don't get stranded somewhere with a battery too depleted to start the engine. One of the first systems to get shut down is the telemetrics radio, which the car uses to communicate with Ford. When you use the FordPass app to remote start the car must receive the command via the telemetrics radio. Starting using the fob does not require the telemetrics radio.

Oso Fell

Badlands
First Name
Oso
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Sport
As @RSH mentioned, this is almost certainly a battery issue. The car includes a battery management system that monitors battery voltage. If it senses a problem (low voltage) it begins to shut down systems to preserve the battery. This is so you don't get stranded somewhere with a battery too depleted to start the engine. One of the first systems to get shut down is the telemetrics radio, which the car uses to communicate with Ford. When you use the FordPass app to remote start the car must receive the command via the telemetrics radio. Starting using the fob does not require the telemetrics radio.
Thanks!
Sponsored