Hiwassee Dan

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Had any one put the heavier rate 2.0 springs under their 1.5. I have ordered a set on the advice of my Ford tech . My problem is with my Yakama tent , awning and a 5 gallon water reservoir on top , the a full load of gear inside my BB is squated . Hoping the heavier springs compensate for the load . The springs from a 2.0 are 220/220 vrs 150/170. Has any one done this swap
Sponsored

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If anything I'd guess it will give you a 'truckish' ride unloaded on normal highway, which isn't a terrible thing. If you use the tent/water a lot, it's probably worth it to avoid squatting. The Ford tech should have some idea.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
If it was me, I'd look into an airbag system. It will be adjustable and you won't have to suffer with the ride from stiffer springs when you don't need them.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If it was me, I'd look into an airbag system. It will be adjustable and you won't have to suffer with the ride from stiffer springs when you don't need them.
this alternative might seem a bit much, and I don't recall where I saw it, someone also moved their tent to a trailer. Served a couple purposes, it took the load off the roof, and if they wanted to pop into town, the tent remained on the trailer no issues.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
If anything I'd guess it will give you a 'truckish' ride unloaded on normal highway, which isn't a terrible thing. If you use the tent/water a lot, it's probably worth it to avoid squatting. The Ford tech should have some idea.
Those are just the badlands springs. It should ride exactly like a badlands. The badlands gets its lift through stiffer springs so less squat.

OP
OP

Hiwassee Dan

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
No but I can get them , I am not really concerned about the stiffer ride , a badlands does not ride that bad plus I like a stiff riding vehicle , I own two 70s broncos ?. Also I will be towing whitewater boats and rafts on some of my trips do I need the extra spring weight. I will post before and after pics when it's done

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
No but I can get them , I am not really concerned about the stiffer ride , a badlands does not ride that bad plus I like a stiff riding vehicle , I own two 70s broncos ?. Also I will be towing whitewater boats and rafts on some of my trips do I need the extra spring weight. I will post before and after pics when it's done
Oh then yeah, I was just assuming there was a weight difference on the engines but what you are saying makes sense. My badlands rides very smooth. I just came from a two door glide machine challenger. And it's still quite nice. Not like the 70s broncos. Those were trucks.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Had any one put the heavier rate 2.0 springs under their 1.5. I have ordered a set on the advice of my Ford tech . My problem is with my Yakama tent , awning and a 5 gallon water reservoir on top , the a full load of gear inside my BB is squated . Hoping the heavier springs compensate for the load . The springs from a 2.0 are 220/220 vrs 150/170. Has any one done this swap
So I got the part numbers for the front right and left 2.0 springs.
LX6Z-5310-AF
LX6Z-5310-AE

I was talkin with my buddy and we were pressed for time, but the rears are sold in sets and we didn't have enough time to figure out what went to what. Did you get any more information on the parts you were recommended for the conversion? Don't quote me on this but I think the springs on the front can be a straight swap, but the rear looked a little more complicated?

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
where do you think you're at into the 150# roof load limit?

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
With the independent suspension geometry and CV drive axles you are limited in the the amount of lift that can be achieved. Currently Woolworth Motorsports seems to offer the highest lifts on the market for both the 1.5 liter and the 2.0 liter model Bronco Sports.
As was mentioned, it may be better to firm up the suspension with an airbag type system. I have seen an airbag system for the Escape but have not heard of anything like that being currently available for the Bronco Sport.

OP
OP

Hiwassee Dan

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Got the badlands springs it came with longer rear shocks going on next week I will post pics

OP
OP

Hiwassee Dan

Big Bend
First Name
dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
where do you think you're at into the 150# roof load limit?
The 150 limit is a joke there is three times that with the tent awning and two adults in the tent . I don't know where ford came up with that number

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Dynamic load is the weight the vehicle can hold while moving. Static load is the weight the vehicle can hold when not moving.
Sponsored