Bronco83

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Hello all!

I'm Going to be be ordering my badlands soon, and wanted to ask about the 180 front camera. Is it standard? I ask because there’s a link about it on fords website that says it’s an option but when I build out my vehicle it’s not an option for me to add. Any insight into how I can add this if it’s not standard would be great!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bronco83

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Thank you 😊 just wanted to make sure. Right now I have an F-150 that ford is buying back because it has many electrical issues that stem from when they were cutting back on chips. Wasn’t sure if they’d done away with this option temporarily to save chips.

Petroph

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 FX4 F150
My 2022 has it, and I LOVE IT! I've never owned a car with a front facing camera, but I use it all the time now to park close to things without worrying about smashing into something if I'm pulling into a garage. 😅

Though I do expect that if shortages continue, they may eventually drop the camera all together in favor of the rear camera.

They already removed the 3rd break light camera in the 360 package for the F150 just to save on parts and chips to get them out the door. They also took out Heated steering wheels in all 2023 and beyond F150s all trim levels. That is a breaker for me now that I am used to it in my Bronco in winter time.

OP
OP

Bronco83

First Name
Dani
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Yeah my 2021 F 150 has the heating steering wheel and it’s a must for me especially since I have arthritis. Glad you get so much use out of the camera.

jason202

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2009 Volvo C30 T5
No doubt, the heated steering wheel always sounded like a useless gimmick to me until I actually owned a vehicle that had one! I love it.

DesertRat19

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Golf Sportwagen, 2023 BS Badlands
just got mine. The front 180 is only active when vehicle is stopped, correct?
So if I’m looking to creep, it won’t work?

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
I've become dependent on cameras since driving my F-350. While the BS isn't as big and cumbersome, cameras are still awesome. I'd have paid for the 360-deg cameras, if that was an option. One of the areas where Ford has the tech, but decided against offering it on its newest, flagship vehicle. Just some really odd decisions.

Front cameras should work up to about 5 mph. They're also meant to stay on when the Off-Road GOAT modes are used.

Heated steering wheel. This came on my F-350 as part of an option package. Sounded like the dumbest thing ever to me. I wouldn't have paid an extra $0.25 for that option. Heck, I even lived in Colorado at the time and it was just a meh addition.

Since moving to NE Iowa, it's my #1 favorite feature on my truck and I literally wouldn't buy a new vehicle without heated steering wheel. And, that's not hyperbole. Our preferred vehicle was a Subaru Crosstrek. But, despite coming out with some new redesign for 2024 and having heated steering wheels available on the Canadian models for years, the new Crosstrek still does not offer a heated steering wheel. We moved on.

iowabs

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BS BL Area 51
The front camera is standard on Badlands. It works when moving slowly forward in some of the GOAT modes. I like it a lot and use it every day when parking, although objects are closer than they appear.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
just got mine. The front 180 is only active when vehicle is stopped, correct?
So if I’m looking to creep, it won’t work?
The front camera will switch on automatically when you’re in Mud/Ruts, Rock Crawl or Sand G.O.A.T. modes, and your speed is under 25 km per hour (15 mph USA). That is my understanding, of its functionally .
But as usual in my life i stand to be corrected.
Sponsored

Last edited: