Foghorn

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
BS/OB delivered 02/22/22
Observations and comments;
> Opening passenger side front door does not unlock passenger side rear door. Or any door. This is a pain. Any workaround?
Friend with 2019 Subaru says hers is the same. My previous ride ( Flex ) I am pretty sure if either front door was opened, all the doors would unlock, even if trans. was in D.
> Fuel economy. Average is around 28 MPG.
> Engine cover, hood insulation....added after purchase. Hood insulation did not reduce engine noise when cold, but when engine is warm, BS is very quiet. Engine cover just a cosmetic thing.
> Opening the doors after rain puts water on the seats. I guess engineers / designers never opened doors in a BS after the rainwater test.
> Surface rust on the brake rotors seems to cause quite a racket for the first few miles occasionally.
> No mechanical issues, so far.
> Great ride. Good choice ( lots of safety stuff..rear cross traffic alert !! ) for a geezer couple.
Fog
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
BS/OB delivered 02/22/22
> Opening passenger side front door does not unlock passenger side rear door. Or any door. This is a pain. Any workaround?
Do all the doors unlock when you unlock the driver's side door using intelligent access (the sensor in the handle)? There is a two-stage locking mode that I believe only applies to the driver's door, but your system may have gotten confused. I would try changing between "all door unlock" to "driver door only" modes to see if you can "unconfuse" it. If all the doors unlock when you unlock the driver's door but not the passenger door then something is wrong with your system.

From the manual:

To change between driver door or all door unlock mode, with the ignition off, press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons on the remote control for three seconds to change between driver door or all door unlock mode.The direction indicators flash twice to indicate a change to the unlocking mode. Driver door mode only unlocks the driver door when you press the unlock button once. All door mode unlocks all doors when you press the unlock button once. The unlocking mode applies to the remote control, keyless entry keypad and intelligent access.

Last edited:

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Key fob in pocket I can access any door

rust on brake rotors is/was a racket on my Explorer, LandCruiser, VW, Acura… nothing new there. couple brake applications and it’s gone

Leeford

Outer Banks
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
BS/OB delivered 02/22/22
Friend with 2019 Subaru says hers is the same. My previous ride ( Flex ) I am pretty sure if either front door was opened, all the doors would unlock, even if trans. was in D.
> Fuel economy. Average is around 28 MPG.
> Engine cover, hood insulation....added after purchase. Hood insulation did not reduce engine noise when cold, but when engine is warm, BS is very quiet. Engine cover just a cosmetic thing.
> Opening the doors after rain puts water on the seats. I guess engineers / designers never opened doors in a BS after the rainwater test.
> Surface rust on the brake rotors seems to cause quite a racket for the first few miles occasionally.
> No mechanical issues, so far.
> Great ride. Good choice ( lots of safety stuff..rear cross traffic alert !! ) for a geezer couple.
Fog
do you have any issues with the auto start/stop working when stopped at a red light.? I tested the battery and it will only work at 12.84 v, anything lower and it doesn't work.

M3H7363

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick hybrid XLT
Key fob in pocket I can access any door

rust on brake rotors is/was a racket on my Explorer, LandCruiser, VW, Acura… nothing new there. couple brake applications and it’s gone
No you can't. If vehicle is locked, only the front doors have the sensors and will unlock all the doors if your vehicle is set up that way. If vehicle is locked, you can grab the back doors all you want, it won't unlock.

OP
OP

Foghorn

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
do you have any issues with the auto start/stop working when stopped at a red light.? I tested the battery and it will only work at 12.84 v, anything lower and it doesn't work.
Auto start/stop works fine.
Sponsored