Biskit

Badlands
First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I have a 2021 BS Badlands and I just hit 10,000 miles so I figured I would jot down a few things I have wrong with my BS. I purchased it November 2021. I do have to say, this is my absolute favorite car yet! I am so glad I bought the 2.0 and not the 1.5. Just last week I saw a post on FB with a Bronco Sport on fire! She was ok. The fire was from the recall on the engine. She had hers for only one week and had just over 100 miles on it. Sad.

The dealership had only one Badlands on the lot when I was looking and it seamed like he did not want to sell it to me! He tried telling me the 1.5 engine wasn't any different than the 2.0. So I stuck with my intentions and told him if he didn't have a Badlands then I will have to go elsewhere. Needless to say, he came back and said they have one! I got what I wanted and here I am today.

I do not have a ton of negative things to say, just two things.

1 - On the drivers side door window controls, the drivers side window control is splitting. The control is wrapped with the thinnest metal or maybe even some kind of sticker. Well that is splitting right at the top of the control. All the other controls are fine. Needless to say, a very rarely roll my windows down so I'm really surprised after very little use that this is happening.

2 - My wireless charging pad is no longer working! When I bought the car I didn't know it was even there until I tossed my phone in the cubby and I heard the charging sound my phone makes when you start charging it. I don't really use it because I like being hooked up to the Apple Care Play. Anyways, I was cleaning my car after my camping trip and remembered I had a charging pad there so I figured I would check and make sure it was still working because I remembered reading on this site that someone else's pad wasn't working. Sure enough, mine isn't working either! I pulled out the rubber mat to make sure there wasn't anything obstructing the connection, nope, still not working. I tried it without the rubber pad and that didn't work either.

Anyone else have these issues?
Sponsored

RiotfunK

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands
The charging pad is useless anyway. So low wattage it would take a month to charge. I think the buttons have that chrome plastic on them. I’d have to look at mine. But hey at least yours doesn’t rattle and creak sounding like someone is has an empty bag of chips somewhere

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I haven’t had those happen yet, but only have 1,500 miles or so on mine after just getting it. Thanks for the tip that I should try the wireless charging to make sure it does work. I usually just have a short USB cord & charge it that way.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The USB ports turn off 10 minutes after I turn the engine off, so I'd bet the wireless charging does also.

BronzeSmokeBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I had a rental 2021 Escape while my BS Badlands was in the shop for a concern I had, point is, the Escape has the exact window switches as the BS....all four of the switches also had peeling chrome as you described! It had 25K on it. So I'm sure at some point Ford will update the part so it doesn't peel and I'm sure its under the 3 year warranty. The Escape was also a 1.5, and while not a bad engine, definitely not as smooth as the 2.0....there is a difference!

WLK

Badlands
First Name
Wendy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Mine only has 900 miles so I should get going on a trip!! Thanks for your post.

BroncoMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion, '22 BS
Pretty certain I recall seeing a dedicated fuse for the wireless charger. Have you checked fuses?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
24,000 miles on my 21 BASE model, love it.
1st problem started up at 15,000 and getting worse. My service interval is every 5,000 and on my Last two My Dealer said it’s normal to use antifreeze.
I added 16 ounces 1,000 miles ago.
Not cool.
Next service in 1,000 miles and it may need another 16 ounces.
My dealer will address it or I’ll call Ford Corporate.
I still love the buggy.
But if they don’t address this problem I’ll trade it in on a Ranger.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
24,000 miles on my 21 BASE model, love it.
1st problem started up at 15,000 and getting worse. My service interval is every 5,000 and on my Last two My Dealer said it’s normal to use antifreeze.
I added 16 ounces 1,000 miles ago.
Not cool.
Next service in 1,000 miles and it may need another 16 ounces.
My dealer will address it or I’ll call Ford Corporate.
I still love the buggy.
But if they don’t address this problem I’ll trade it in on a Ranger.
Someone else had that problem and it was the water pump seepng coolant out. Dealer did a pressure test and it leaked pressure over time indicating a leak. You can rent/borrow/loan a coolant pressure test tool at many auto parts stores for free.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
Make sure that Ford is aware of these issues. Get those warranty items moving

that said, my Badlands has been perfect so far ..Aside from one thing. I had one little hiccup with the drivetrain warning light. Don’t put crap on or around the gear selector dial…it’s sensitive. Ive been mindful to keep that area clear and dry…no issues since

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Someone else had that problem and it was the water pump seepng coolant out. Dealer did a pressure test and it leaked pressure over time indicating a leak. You can rent/borrow/loan a coolant pressure test tool at many auto parts stores for free.
No, my dealer will fix it, I will insist.

thor52879

Badlands
First Name
Thor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands (Badlands package)
Am I wrong or do the door mirrors not fold in? I have to park on the street and haven’t figured out how to protect my mirrors. Odd design choice for a vehicle that’s supposed to be able to go off-road where it may encounter tight spots

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Am I wrong or do the door mirrors not fold in? I have to park on the street and haven’t figured out how to protect my mirrors. Odd design choice for a vehicle that’s supposed to be able to go off-road where it may encounter tight spots
They fold .

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Also, since you mentioned you were cleaning out the vehicle, it has to be on for the charger to work, you may have checked it that way, I'm just clarifying.

Also I think the vehicle has an automatic power saving mode. I installed a dash cam (and forgot to order the fuse hardwire adapter) so I'm just using the 12v cigarette outlet for now. It will stay on and record if I run into a store, but when I get home there's been a time or two where I've forgotten to unplug it, and it will be plugged in in the morning but not getting power until I turn the engine on.
Sponsored