Lincolnwhiskey

Base
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
For anyone looking to go up size in tires here is the 1.5t gas mileage uphill. The trip down I got 29.7.

“Mini OJ” is sporting toyo open country at3 245/65r17 tires with no lift
Ford Bronco Sport 1.5t gas mileage with 245s 8BB814A2-D8DF-4CE6-B450-D91C83E2E3FC
Ford Bronco Sport 1.5t gas mileage with 245s 8CC25354-5B59-40FA-BA5C-3E4E2E2C5B57
Sponsored

jeep364

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Great info.
Any rubbing at full lock?
What are you doing with regards to the spare? 245 65 17 fit?

OP
OP

Lincolnwhiskey

Base
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Great info.
Any rubbing at full lock?
What are you doing with regards to the spare? 245 65 17 fit?
No rub whatsoever. Took her out to some trails and checked at different compressions turning to full lock. It’s close about an 1” but no run. I’m waiting on a steelie then gonna find the cheapest tire that’s 245 to mount. I’ll be making a indirect roof rack and probably mounting to that.

OP
OP

Lincolnwhiskey

Base
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
No rub whatsoever. Took her out to some trails and checked at different compressions turning to full lock. It’s close about an 1” but no run. I’m waiting on a steelie then gonna find the cheapest tire that’s 245 to mount. I’ll be making a indirect roof rack and probably mounting to that.
Rub* unistrut*

OP
OP

Lincolnwhiskey

Base
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Scratch that. Found a rim steelie on eBay for 66$ and a used all terrain for 65 .

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I see no need to post proof, but my first 3500 miles has given me an average of 26 mpg.
I reset it.
3500 to 4200 average is now 30.3. I eased upon the throttle a bunch, stayed closer to the speed limit and used Eco more.
If I upped my tire size in my mountains I'd loose mpg's big time.
How do I know this ?
My 1.5L is not in eighth gear that often. Just no flat land driving so changing my Roll out with larger tires would not be wise for me..

OP
OP

Lincolnwhiskey

Base
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I see no need to post proof, but my first 3500 miles has given me an average of 26 mpg.
I reset it.
3500 to 4200 average is now 30.3. I eased upon the throttle a bunch, stayed closer to the speed limit and used Eco more.
How do I know this ?
My 1.5L is not in eighth gear that often. Just no flat land driving so changing my Roll out with larger tires would not be wise for me..
Most my driving is in the mountains. I live at about 7000 ft

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I doubt I'd touch 30 at 7k feet

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I reset it.
How do I know this ?
I don't like to post things that seem to bash the 1.5L, but I've wondered about all these folks lifting and adding big tires. Does this engine have the power to take advantage of them? Your experience in the mountains says no. The larger you make your wheel diameter, the more you raise your final gear ratio. Bigger tires don't do much except look good if you don't have the HP to utilize them.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I don't like to post things that seem to bash the 1.5L, but I've wondered about all these folks lifting and adding big tires. Does this engine have the power to take advantage of them? Your experience in the mountains says no. The larger you make your wheel diameter, the more you raise your final gear ratio. Bigger tires don't do much except look good if you don't have the HP to utilize them.
I don't see this as a bash, it's physics and common sense. This is a small SUV built for economic fun. It's not a Raptor fire-breathing beast meant to take on the worst of elements.

OP
OP

Lincolnwhiskey

Base
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The 1.5 is pushing more Hp and torque than most the competition running 4 cylinder engines. Even look at older off-road vehicles like Toyota’s using the 22re. That engine doesn’t even tough the power

OP
OP

Lincolnwhiskey

Base
First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Even jeeps running the 4.0 v6 engine were not making this much power until about 2006. There’s no power issues with the 1.5. I haven’t noticed any issues with the bigger tires and gearing. I’ve taken this sport up steeper hills that my tundra couldn’t make it up in 4wd. My police unit, a Dodge Ram, also has a v8 and 4wd and can’t go up hills like this. The tires give me better confidence with not bottoming out or destroying the sidewall. I mean I’m not gonna rock crawl the thing. For reference, They are an inch taller than the stock badlands tire and 1.5” taller than stock base tire. My mpg ha barely been affected, my speedometer is barely affected.

Spartan007

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
For anyone looking to go up size in tires here is the 1.5t gas mileage uphill. The trip down I got 29.7.

“Mini OJ” is sporting toyo open country at3 245/65r17 tires with no lift
Ford Bronco Sport 1.5t gas mileage with 245s 8BB814A2-D8DF-4CE6-B450-D91C83E2E3FC
Ford Bronco Sport 1.5t gas mileage with 245s 8CC25354-5B59-40FA-BA5C-3E4E2E2C5B57
how is the steering feel, acceleration, noise, on pavement? I am looking at going with the Toyos in the 245s

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
my BFG K02 are pretty noisy, but otherwise it handles as per usual.
Sponsored