Komodo

Big Bend
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I am new to 4x4 life. My buddy has a lifted Silverado with 20" Grippers, winch, etc. His first suggestion for me to get out on the trails was a lift kit. What I am curious of is if the 1.5" Kit from Rough Country would be enough? I assume a 3" lift kit is either available or coming soon and I just wanted to get your opinions. Here's a link to the kit:

1.5 Inch Lift Kit | Ford Bronco Sport 4WD (2021) | Rough Country

I plan on getting some 18" Nitto Grapplers w/ a nudge bar and some lights as well.
Sponsored

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I've heard mixed/negative reviews about the rough country "leveling" lift.

I would check out BroncoLifts. If you search lift kit here, a bunch of post should pop up with a link.

Regardless of how high you go, or if you stay stock, the biggest tires that will fit without rubbing or needing to trim the wells and body seams are 245/65's.
I'm gonna get that size tire and some 17" rims for increased tire side wall. Better off road, and a softer ride... Not that the BS needs that.
Mabey a 1.5-2" lift after that. Tires hold the biggest benefit off road.

OP
OP
Komodo

Komodo

Big Bend
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've heard mixed/negative reviews about the rough country "leveling" lift.

I would check out BroncoLifts. If you search lift kit here, a bunch of post should pop up with a link.

Regardless of how high you go, or if you stay stock, the biggest tires that will fit without rubbing or needing to trim the wells and body seams are 245/65's.
I'm gonna get that size tire and some 17" rims for increased tire side wall. Better off road, and a softer ride... Not that the BS needs that.
Mabey a 1.5-2" lift after that. Tires hold the biggest benefit off road.

Oh awesome! Thank you for the info!

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm waiting on a 3 inch. Badlands already have a 1 inch so I don't know if that means I need just a 2 to add or what. The one thing I do know that all these kits are only for lower trims. Probably gonna have to have it custom made.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
I'm waiting on a 3 inch. Badlands already have a 1 inch so I don't know if that means I need just a 2 to add or what. The one thing I do know that all these kits are only for lower trims. Probably gonna have to have it custom made.
badlands doesn’t have a 1 inch lift. You get 1 inch of clearance increase through taller tires and stiffer springs that don’t squat as much. .25 inches from the tires and .75 from the springs.

2 inches is usually the max you can go with IFS without making very significant modifications

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
badlands doesn’t have a 1 inch lift. You get 1 inch of clearance increase through taller tires and stiffer springs that don’t squat as much. .25 inches from the tires and .75 from the springs.

2 inches is usually the max you can go with IFS without making very significant modifications
That's fine. I don't claim to know the technical points, I just know BL and FE sit higher than the lower trims. 2inch it is then.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
my base was great on the trails. as others stated above, tires will make a huge difference. the one thing i really wanted (for peace of mind) was skidplates. woulda felt more confident especially in a brand new suv.

that being said, outta the factory, these sports do pretty darn good off road.

also keep in mind, your buddies lifted silverado and your bronco sport - 2 totally different beasts. he can prob do alot of things you cant or wont be able to, and vise versa.

either way good luck!
Sponsored