1.5/or transmission hiss/air-y sound? Anyone’s noise?

Jeffwomack

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Big Bend Bronco Sport
I have been noticing something like this when I’m releasing gas pedal in slow speeds. Wondering if it’s a normal sound - it’s not quiet.
I hear the same thing??? I assumed it’s normal.
Sponsored

First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 1.5 BigBend
I have the same noise in my 1.5 in deceleration, when the transmission is in Neutral it stops doing it. They told me it was normal.

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
I just picked mine up. 1.5. The whole tranny was replaced. The hiss noise is gone and it does shift smoother. But it still makes the soft rattling noise around 1500 rpms and at low shifting.
They Tested the transmission and it was leaking air. Thus the replacement. The other noises aren’t related, so will work on that later.

Last edited:

run5498

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I just picked mine up. 1.5. The whole transmipassion was replaced. The hiss noise is gone and it does shift smoother. But it still makes the soft rattling noise around 1500 rpms and at low shifting.
They Tested the transmission and it was leaking air. Thus the replacement. The other noises aren’t related, so will work on that later.
Yeah, I just replied to another person who got a transmission replacement as well--mine was replaced last week and unfortunately it's still exhibiting some low speed noises. It's noticeably better with the new transmission, but alas, these mystery sounds are still lurking. Are you taking yours back in or just let some time pass and see what happens?

Nancy B

Big Bend
First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Yeah, I just replied to another person who got a transmission replacement as well--mine was replaced last week and unfortunately it's still exhibiting some low speed noises. It's noticeably better with the new transmission, but alas, these mystery sounds are still lurking. Are you taking yours back in or just let some time pass and see what happens?
I will have to wait a bit, as I am moving to AZ in two weeks.
yes, it is better, but still the rattling at 1500 rpms low speeds.
I saw one post that after a shifting cable was adjusted, that fixed theirs. My cable was checked, but not adjusted. I may ask for that when I can.

FordGuy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I will have to wait a bit, as I am moving to AZ in two weeks.
yes, it is better, but still the rattling at 1500 rpms low speeds.
I saw one post that after a shifting cable was adjusted, that fixed theirs. My cable was checked, but not adjusted. I may ask for that when I can.
Hey. Just checking did you get the park release cable replaced or adjusted ?

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Just an FYI
Took mine to my dealer and said there is an SMM for the shift cable/manual park release cable. they checked and apparently ford has released a replacement part to alleviate the problem.

Kritas

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Check to make sure that the hose(s) to the oil separator are fully connected and look for defects in them.

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Just an FYI
Took mine to my dealer and said there is an SMM for the shift cable/manual park release cable. they checked and apparently ford has released a replacement part to alleviate the problem.
SMM? Have a link to that?