Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi all,
I guess some of you got their BS without the engine cover ... not a mistake, but they simply stopped including it. For the ones who got it after complaining or ordering it separately, the installation can be confusing. Here are some tips and instructions that are simply not mentioned with the kit.

Mine included the actual cover - a insulator/spacer - 3 short ball studs - 1 long one - an oil intake extender.

The oil intake spout/extender and the long ball stud were useless since they were already present ... so unnecessary cost.

The insulator/spacer is completely useless since the extra space requires longer studs and leaves the oil intake and dip stick way down and hidden.

Then the damn thing did not want to fit at the right / back corner where the long stud supposed to go.

Here is the solution after search online:

The bracket at that location, holding a couple of wires, needs to be removed so the cover can lower into place. That bracket has a little notch which needs to be pried open before you can slide the bracket up and out of the way. Mine broke, but that's ok ... no need for it anymore.

Please see attached JX6Z6A9498 PDF. (strangely the third, short ball stud and it's location is not mentioned in this file. Its in the lower/front, right, actually more mid right)
I don't blame the dealership since all this is new to them as well. I'll get the useless parts refunded. But it all came in one package/kit.

Well, it's installed and one could call it a 'beauty cover' - not sure what use it has, but I wanted it for the looks.

Good luck.

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5 L Engine cover installation Screenshot 2021-12-06 095537

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5 L Engine cover installation Klaus Rossler-Bronco Engine Cover001

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5 L Engine cover installation NewBronco-Oct30-2021-1a
Sponsored

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hi all,
I guess some of you got their BS without the engine cover ... not a mistake, but they simply stopped including it. For the ones who got it after complaining or ordering it separately, the installation can be confusing. Here are some tips and instructions that are simply not mentioned with the kit.
Mine included the actual cover - a insulator/spacer - 3 short ball studs - 1 long one - an oil intake extender.
The oil intake spout/extender and the long ball stud were useless since they were already present ... so unnecessary cost.
The insulator/spacer is completely useless since the extra space requires longer studs and leaves the oil intake and dip stick way down and hidden.
Then the damn thing did not want to fit at the right / back corner where the long stud supposed to go.
The bracket at that location, holding a couple of wires, needs to be removed so the cover can lower into place. That bracket has a little notch which needs to be pried open before you can slide the bracket up and out of the way. Mine broke, but that's ok ... no need for it anymore.
Please see attached JX6Z6A9498 PDF. (strangely the third, short ball stud and it's location is not mentioned in this file. Its in the lower/front, right, actually more mid right)
I don't blame the dealership since all this is new to them as well. I'll get the useless parts refunded. But it all came in one package/kit.
Well, it's installed and one could call it a 'beauty cover' - not sure what use it has, but I wanted it for the looks.
Good luck.

Ford Bronco Sport 1.5 L Engine cover installation Klaus Rossler-Bronco Engine Cover001

The insulator that you mention is already installed on your engine, it is underneath the rat's nest of pipes, hoses and wires. It was never meant to be installed right under the cover.

OP
OP
BroncMan

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The insulator that you mention is already installed on your engine, it is underneath the rat's nest of pipes, hoses and wires. It was never meant to be installed right under the cover.
That's incredible! Who would have thought that. Thanks a lot Kodiakbear.
I'll pass it on to the dealership who sold me the insulator.

OP
OP
BroncMan

BroncMan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
kr-photography.ca
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Hi all,

Good luck.

Hi All,
yes, you are right - I should have added tags. And here is another post regarding the same issue, which I wasn't aware of: 1.5 L Engine cover installation | 2021+ Ford Bronco Sport Forum - Broncosportforum.com

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/1-5l-dragon-engine-cover-parts-list-and-install-instructions.5402/

Cheers

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Who woulda ever thunk it !
Having to finish building your brand new car after you get it !
End of days I tell ya,
End of days,,,,,:’P

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Who woulda ever thunk it !
Having to finish building your brand new car after you get it !
End of days I tell ya,
End of days,,,,,:’P
Who would've thought it? Using the search function before installing items already installed ...amazing.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
You need to buy 3 studs part # is. AA5Z-6N958-A. They are the short ones.
You Don’t need to buy the long stud it is already there holding the black plastic bracket.
Ford Bronco Sport 1.5 L Engine cover installation F0A1E6F4-79BF-45DE-AB61-07D15E927292
Ford Bronco Sport 1.5 L Engine cover installation 4D8E9C60-AC66-443F-BC72-E4A96889FD62
Ford Bronco Sport 1.5 L Engine cover installation 6353F3F2-02BD-462C-9C90-223178DD7BEF
Ford Bronco Sport 1.5 L Engine cover installation F44E331D-2776-4D27-A71B-7C88A9B36609

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once you remove the bracket the long ball stud will be there

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great pictures, JAD67428
Just to clarify: the last pic is the bracket that can be discarded (2)
Yep you got it.
Sponsored