dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
I know others will disagree, but I think our Bronco Sports look better than the 4 door Bronco does (especially from a side angle photo...)
Personally I like them both.

The Bronco's not-going-to-be-released-Donut-Doors is kinda sexy to me.
Sponsored

motman243

Badlands
First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I will say it again... why the slight lift? And receive more drawbacks than advantages?
Yes, looks.

What options can you get on the sport that you wanted to get on 2/4dr that brought the price to high. Yes again I understand the BL sport is fully loaded at a cheaper price than the fully loaded 2/4dr. They are different vehicle though with different options. With saying that you can still get decent options on a 2/4 dr for a good price. Fully loaded 2/4 dr and fully loaded sport is comparing apples to oranges when it comes to their optional equipment.
Literally everything...

Heated steering wheel, wireless charging pad, outlets in back, remote starter, front camera, reverse sensing, automatic transmission, hard top w/sound deadening, roof rails, bash plates, keyless entry, etc..

And you can't even get the mid-package with the base bronco. So will all of that you are up to $37k and are still out of the remote start, leather heated seats/steering wheel, etc.

Haven't you looked at this stuff yourself? Why are you asking these questions? It sounds like you're trying to sell me a regular Bronco right now. lol

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Are you saying their will be flooded roads your 1” lifted sport will go and if I were to follow in my non lifted sport I would stall. So far I’m seeing look as the main reason. The way to survive Houston floods is to not park on low streets during predicted floods or drive through flooded ones, not slightly lifting vehicle 1” ha
Yes...? But I was never asking only for 1"... just saying... I believe my original comment was about lifts higher than 1". Honestly I'd like about 3-4" but that would require probably a custom set of CV axles and probably a whole new suspension setup.

While you are not wrong that the Bronco would more than likely be a better candidate for that type of surgery, I also gave reasons why its not.. most notably its design and unavailability until 2022.

Yea there are other candidates out there from other manufacturers as well, but I like the Bronco Sport looks the best right now for my price range.

About Houston Floods.. You aren't wrong about no driving through flooded streets that's a no brainer. However... with that said, I work in a low area so the while the office garage doesn't flood, the surrounding streets do. We have experienced at least one flash flood a year for the last 5 years.

The difference between a few inches of clearance/water fording can mean.. booking it a bit early and making it home.. or be stuck in the office for 2 days. I didn't have an option to leave when I still had my Subaru Impreza.

Last edited:

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Yes, looks.

Literally everything...

Heated steering wheel, wireless charging pad, outlets in back, remote starter, front camera, reverse sensing, automatic transmission, hard top w/sound deadening, roof rails, bash plates, keyless entry, etc..

And you can't even get the mid-package with the base bronco. So will all of that you are up to $37k and are still out of the remote start, leather heated seats/steering wheel, etc.

Haven't you looked at this stuff yourself? Why are you asking these questions? It sounds like you're trying to sell me a regular Bronco right now. lol
I'm sold.. except I won't be able to get one until 2022.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
I'm not even sure why folks compare the Sport vs the Bronco, they're totally different beasts. If you need a true 4x4 you go Bronco, if you're looking for a capable SUV you're getting the Sport. The only real competition for the Sport is the Jeep lineup and it's got them all beat except for maybe being a bit less capable than the Cheroke Trailhawk, due to Jeep's superior drive ratio.

In every other way the Sport has much better features than the Jeeps.

motman243

Badlands
First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
I'm not even sure why folks compare the Sport vs the Bronco, they're totally different beasts. If you need a true 4x4 you go Bronco, if you're looking for a capable SUV you're getting the Sport. The only real competition for the Sport is the Jeep lineup and it's got them all beat except for maybe being a bit less capable than the Cheroke Trailhawk, due to Jeep's superior drive ratio.

In every other way the Sport has much better features than the Jeeps.
Please forgive my ignorance, but unless you are seriously pushing the limits off roading why does the drive ratio really matter? I just want to be able to comfortable do some mountain passes and light 4x4 trails, and that's about it.

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Please forgive my ignorance, but unless you are seriously pushing the limits off roading why does the drive ratio really matter? I just want to be able to comfortable do some mountain passes and light 4x4 trails, and that's about it.
Well you said it, it doesn't matter for that. Which is why they Bronco is such a great alternative to the Jeep offerings.

motman243

Badlands
First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Well you said it, it doesn't matter for that. Which is why they Bronco is such a great alternative to the Jeep offerings.
Yeah I just don't think the Trailhawk has anything on the Bronco's interrior and options.

Does the trailhawk have many viable suspension lifts available for it? I'm guessing the Bronco will have lots of suspension lifts available in the future, right? Or does a unibody prevent that?

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
According to all the experts who have posted here and elsewhere, the maximum lift is 1" w/o major suspension revisions.

DakotaTimber

Badlands
First Name
DakotaTimber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL + BL, 360+, tow +
1" lift should get me through 2" more snow, or allow me to drive through 2" deeper ruts on a field service road( cowpath ).

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands
do you all have an idea of the cost of a 1" lift, using the approaches described here, assuming you are not doing it yourself?

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
A lot of it has to do with aesthetics, not functionality. I suppose if a buyer needs a truly macho vehicle, then an optioned-out Big Bronco would be the way to go. I think Ford was smart not to make the BS too aggressive looking as not to compete with the Big Bronco.

You won't see John Bronco driving a BS, but you might find the Cyclone Cowboy driving one....lol

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
do you all have an idea of the cost of a 1" lift, using the approaches described here, assuming you are not doing it yourself?
The Kit is probably going to be anywhere from $300-$800. Typical installation is $50-$100/corner. Plus another $100-$200 for Alignment.

About $800-$1500 all in? A lot of it will depend on how much they price the kit for. I'm thinking near $400-500 not in the upper $800.

Installation costs vary widely depending on your location.

MAD Industries

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First 2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yes...? But I was never asking only for 1"... just saying... I believe my original comment was about lifts higher than 1". Honestly I'd like about 3-4" but that would require probably a custom set of CV axles and probably a whole new suspension setup.

While you are not wrong that the Bronco would more than likely be a better candidate for that type of surgery, I also gave reasons why its not.. most notably its design and unavailability until 2022.

Yea there are other candidates out there from other manufacturers as well, but I like the Bronco Sport looks the best right now for my price range.

About Houston Floods.. You aren't wrong about no driving through flooded streets that's a no brainer. However... with that said, I work in a low area so the while the office garage doesn't flood, the surrounding streets do. We have experienced at least one flash flood a year for the last 5 years.

The difference between a few inches of clearance/water fording can mean.. booking it a bit early and making it home.. or be stuck in the office for 2 days. I didn't have an option to leave when I still had my Subaru Impreza.

Guys I am a tried and true builder that only will install a lift or any type of product on suspension lowering also that is compatible with the limits of the vehicle geometry and travel, 1" is it on the Sport if you want a vehicle you can drive.

JerryC

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1988 BII , 2021 BL on order 3-19-21
A lot of it has to do with aesthetics, not functionality. I suppose if a buyer needs a truly macho vehicle, then an optioned-out Big Bronco would be the way to go. I think Ford was smart not to make the BS too aggressive looking as not to compete with the Big Bronco.

You won't see John Bronco driving a BS, but you might find the Cyclone Cowboy driving one....lol

My thought is that the Bronco Sport was going to be the new Escape or Escape variant. Supposedly sales tanked on the Escape when they changed from boxy to rounded.
So some smart person at Ford said, "Hey the word Bronco is hot, we've had the Bronco II as a smaller Bronco in the way back so let's call this new Escape a new Bronco Sport. We'll keep the current market for the Escape and cash in on the market for small boxy SUVs."
Sponsored