North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
On the Bronco Sport SEMA Q&A Live Stream Session yesterday they discussed the MAD industries modded Bronco Sport. This was a similar mod like the Sport Badlands Trail Rig Concept and the Off-Roadeo Adventure Patrol concept.

In the live SEMA Q&A Live Stream Chris Mangum, the owner of MAD Designs discussed the lift and answered one of my questions. He said they used parts from 4 Wheel Parts. He describe it as a simple spacer lift that you can do yourself in your garage in about 3 hours. He went on to start the parts should become available at 4 Wheel Parts, it is listed in the project info as "4WP level lift system". The Ford guys said for now it will not be a factory offering but gave the usual "were listening" answer. Hopefully they make it available as a dealer install item so there is no future argument about it affecting warranty.

Here is an example of a spacer lift kit at 4wheelparts.com, this kit is from Daystar, one of the larger suppliers of spacer kits. I spoke with the owner of Daystar a few years ago at an offroad show about another new model and his company seemed pretty aggressive to bring new products to market.

Daystar Spacer Lift Kit Example
Ford Bronco Sport 1″ Bronco Sport Spacer Lift Confirmed During SEMA Q&A KC09139BK

Here if the Ford Auto Show build info link

Ford Bronco Sport 1″ Bronco Sport Spacer Lift Confirmed During SEMA Q&A bronco_s_hero

Review article of the MAD Industries SEMA build:
This Wild Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Build Is Just MAD About Living Up to Bronco Name

Hopefully they will post the replay of the event soon:
https://na.fordhorizon.com/home
https://na.fordhorizon.com/event/broncosport-202011-5/main

We discussed the concept lifts in these two threads:
Lifted Bronco Sport - Factory 1" - Saptor or 3" Aftermarket
Tire Options for Bronco Sport with 1" Lift
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
Last edited:

whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
I am very excited for this. Does anyone have a recommendation for someone in the Austin area that might be able to help with an install of something like this?

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I am very excited for this. Does anyone have a recommendation for someone in the Austin area that might be able to help with an install of something like this?

I don't think the lift will be a dealer option with the 2021 Bronco. It seems to be a third party addition and I'd be very careful picking someone to do the work. I'd contact MAD in AZ once the Broncos are out to do the work since they worked directly with Ford engineers.

whithutch511

Badlands
First Name
Whitney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiat 500L
I don't think the lift will be a dealer option with the 2021 Bronco. It seems to be a third party addition and I'd be very careful picking someone to do the work. I'd contact MAD in AZ once the Broncos are out to do the work since they worked directly with Ford engineers.
I completely agree with being picky. That is why I wanted to ask. I have gotten some after market work done on cars in the past and been royally screwed over for it. I am glad to hear there is a 4wheel parts in Austin. My bronco doesn't get built until March 1st so I probably won't get it until April. By then hopefully 4wheel parts will be able to do the service or I will be taking a trip out to AZ.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I have to admit, the lift, bigger tires and aggressive rims really make the Sport look a lot meaner. If I end up with the Bronco Sport, those modifications will be done ASAP. My biggest issue with the stock Sport is that it looks too benign for a "storm interceptor," especially for TV work.

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
Suspension work is probably one of the easier jobs working on a car. The Spacer Lift has been around for Unibody cars for decades. The biggest part is to design it so that the wheels can be aligned back to stock position.

Going above 1" is usually where it starts to have issues with wheel alignment in the wheel well. In which case you would also need Subframe spacers. This is all based on other SUV systems knowledge.

Without having the actual BS in hand, no one yet knows it articulation, drive shaft angle and adjustment capabilities. But I think there will be a Ton of aftermarket parts to make this more of a rugged mini beast.. than the Cute Ute that has it has been shown as.

motman243

Badlands
First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
My question is.. if ground clearance is more important than intended fuel economy and handling, why not get a base 4 door and sasquatch?
Bruh... Why are you even asking that question? I think there is a big reason that a lot of us are more interested in the sport and that's chearper options... When you can get a fully loaded BL + BL for the price of a base Bronco and it still fits your off-roading needs, then I think that should answer your question. If I could afford a fully loaded Black Diamond, I would not even be talking to you on this forum right now.

Most people lift for the looks whether they admit it or not, and just happens to have a slight added benefit of clearance. I don't think many people lifting their BS will be all that concerned with MPG, don't you think? Seems very unlikely the overlap of people overly concerned with both to be a very large number of people.

With that said, as someone else mentioned I will be more concerned with the alternative drawbacks like added stress and what not due to a lift. MPG is the least of my concerns.

motman243

Badlands
First Name
t
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
The question is why would you buy a badlands bronco sport if you’re not happy with the look when you can get a base 2/4 door bronco and accomplish that lifted look w/ sasquatch for cheaper than bronco sport BL.
Alright, I will say it again... When you can get a fully loaded BL + BL for the price of a base Bronco and it still fits your off-roading needs, then I think that should answer your question.

The answer is MORE options and luxury for the same price and still very capable. That's why.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Badlands
First Name
North7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I have to admit, the lift, bigger tires and aggressive rims really make the Sport look a lot meaner. If I end up with the Bronco Sport, those modifications will be done ASAP. My biggest issue with the stock Sport is that it looks too benign for a "storm interceptor," especially for TV work.
Maybe... Ford will really carry through with the SportHog or someone will come up with a high lift kit.

Mike Levine's twitter post pic:
Ford Bronco Sport 1″ Bronco Sport Spacer Lift Confirmed During SEMA Q&A mike-levine-sporthog-

Lifted Bronco Sport - Factory 1" - Saptor or 3" Aftermarket
Ford Bronco Sport 1″ Bronco Sport Spacer Lift Confirmed During SEMA Q&A s-about-looks-solid-and-mean-147069_1-copy-jpg-

dreamwrx

Badlands
First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 WRX
If it’s a cute Ute without a 1” lift. It’s a cute Ute with a 1” lift. The good news is it’s a sports utility vehicle not a cute utility vehicle. A vehicle that can be utilized both on and off road.

There are negative effects to lifting. You are changing the structure and adding stress to critical components. My question is.. if ground clearance is more important than intended fuel economy and handling, why not get a base 4 door and sasquatch?
I can't answer for others... but for me:

1) Sound isolation... Anything that has multiple panels that can be taken off will undoubtedly have more points of noise penetration.

2) Timing... Car died.. Need car soon.. Can't wait until 2022.

But to answer a non question... I'm looking for more lift not because I want to off-road. My answers are stoopid.. a) Stance Mannnnnn... and b) I just want to survive Houston Floods and every inch counts... TWSS

dano0726

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Wrangler
I know others will disagree, but I think our Bronco Sports look better than the 4 door Bronco does (especially from a side angle photo...)
Sponsored