? 2022 Bronco Raptor Officially Revealed!

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Wonder how high the dealers will mark up over sticker price?

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
All these things added just to skirt the law. These new cars are really pushing the boubdries of what is acceptable on the road.

brazilbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Wildtrak (Badlands in USA)
All these things added just to skirt the law. These new cars are really pushing the boubdries of what is acceptable on the road.
Are you talking about the amber lights because of how wide it is? Or other things, too?

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
Are you talking about the amber lights because of how wide it is? Or other things, too?
The rear amber lights are on side view mirrors. They should be on the rear but I guess that was good enough to pass. Half the fog lamps are covered on delivery because the lights are too bright for road use. Wheels cannot legally stick out of the body but the fenders are easily removable by the driver. Hood height is probably close to legal limit but the regulations only state headlight height so they design hoods a bit taller and leave headlights lower. Metal bumpers probably wouldn't pass pedestrian collision tests but nhtsa doesn't test for pedestrian safety like other countries do. Sorry I'm ranting but I feel there is an almost hostile trend in design of cars towards other road users.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport

BamaBronco

Big Bend
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
This thing is bad to the bone. IMO, Ford is outdoing Jeep in every way possible. Jeep's been resting on their laurels putting out very blah, subpar products for a long time now since they really haven't had much competition. Ford is late to the party, so better late than never, but they have crashed it in magnificent style. Well done!

Dave H

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Her 21 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, My 21 Escape SE

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
The vehicle is beyond outrageous and it’ll kick some serious tail but it’s too late for Ford to reconsider the name. When I hear the name “Bronco Raptor” my mind translates it to “Horse Bird” which sounds pretty silly to me and takes any potential badassery out of the equation. It’s already an animal. Why make it into a mutation of two totally different animals? Although, now that I think of it, Pegasus is a horse bird, too. Anyway, Ford should bring back three simple letters.........”SVT”.

o0260o

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BroncoSport
The vehicle is beyond outrageous and it’ll kick some serious tail but it’s too late for Ford to reconsider the name. When I hear the name “Bronco Raptor” my mind translates it to “Horse Bird” which sounds pretty silly to me and takes any potential badassery out of the equation. It’s already an animal. Why make it into a mutation of two totally different animals? Although, now that I think of it, Pegasus is a horse bird, too. Anyway, Ford should bring back three simple letters.........”SVT”.
Ford is no stranger to unholy interspecies nomiclature. Case and point: Mustang Cobra.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I actually like the Raptor name & think it fits with what will eventually be a family of performance off road vehicles. They have guys lining up with $100K burning a hole in their pockets to get their hands on the F150 versions, no doubt that’s why they used the name with its brand equity for the Bronco. Some early adopters will probably spend that at any dealer that can get a unit or 2 allocated.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
Ford is no stranger to unholy interspecies nomiclature. Case and point: Mustang Cobra.
Yeah that crossed my mind as well but at least you could say that a poisonous snake (cobra) would make a horse (mustang) run like hell.
Sponsored