Chippewajulied

Big Bend
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Well.... my beautiful area 51, Big Bend, Bronco sport is now broken down, after having it only 3 weeks, and driven only 548 miles (most of which came from driving it home from the dealership, hours away).
My 28th anniversary present, from my husband, now sits in a Ford service lot, where it has sat, for the past 10 days, as the service department and Ford has no idea what the problem is. ??
After pulling off from a stop light, my little Bronco would not accelerate, then chimes began, and a warning appeared, low oil pressure. I finally managed to safely pull in a driveway. We checked the oil, which was fine. Contacted our local dealer, who said for us to bring it in the next morning. Upon starting the Bronco later, no alerts were showing... and might I add, no alerts or error codes were on our Ford Pass. We drove it a short distance home, and no alerts,no problems with acceleration etc... the next morning, I drove to the local dealer... and after driving it maybe 5 miles, just before getting to the dealer, the same warning appeared, along with no acceleration etc...still no error codes on ford pass, and the dealer showed no error codes. We were initially told it was the oil pressure solenoid, but the part was on back order, and it would be a week. Sooo, the part arrived a couple days ago, we received a call from them, stating that the part was put on, and it did not fix the issue, and stating they had a call into Ford tech, for advisement. We received another call yesterday, stating Ford said to replace the oil pressure sensor, which they ordered, and would put it on this morning, and call us. We received a call around lunch time today, that part was installed and did not fix the problem... so they have another call into Ford Tech and said they will hopefully be in touch early next week.

My husband and I had been talking about getting a new SUV for a while. We really hadn't thought about the Bronco Sport.. until one day, I passed one on the road...I loved the way it looked... loved that it was a "reboot" of a vehicle from our younger years.... and I mentioned it to him. We went and looked at the couple we could find in our area, but I loved the color of area 51, and there were hardly any Broncos available here, so my husband drove several hours away, to buy my little Bronco. I loved it, it made me almost feel young again.... lol. Well, now I feel my age again, lol, as my Bronco sits, indefinately, broken down, in a service lot. It seems many people are having issues, it is so sad....
Sponsored

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
that sucks, sorry this happened to your area51 :frown:, i really hope ford checks all these sightings as an action alert that they have to review their quality checks and proactively counter check all other broncos out there

omahafordowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Flex
Seems like a lot of issues. People just don't take pride in what they put together anymore, they only want to get something done as quickly as possible resulting in defects and F'ups. It's just like the construction industry. No craftsman.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Sorry to here this happened to you. Hopefully they can get it fixed soon. Seems like stories like this are starting to surface at a fairly frequent rate.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
Sorry to hear of your issues . Its a new Model & has a lot of computer automation & data inputs , more than any Vehicle we have owned & with that comes potential for software issues , unfortunately yours has one . All I can say is be patient & don't lose faith in the BS , its a wonderful little Truck .They will figure it out , I would say the ECU is faulty , thing is , parts for all manufacturers that use computer chips are going to be hard to come by . You should have first dibs on parts , even before those in production , that statement won't make anyone happy about it , but you have one in hand , should come before those going too be made , IMO .

Also don't let reading on these forums that there are problems with any model , there are many running around with out issues , these forums magnify issues .

Brobai

Outer Banks
First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
I purchased a bronco outer banks, drove it off lot, air went out. Owned the SUV now for 17 days, had it in my possession for 1 hr. Now can’t get part to repair

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I purchased a bronco outer banks, drove it off lot, air went out. Owned the SUV now for 17 days, had it in my possession for 1 hr. Now can’t get part to repair
They give you loaner vehicle?

OP
OP

Chippewajulied

Big Bend
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am so sorry...... how awful! The dealership service department called us today, and they are trying a fourth part, that Ford tech suggested, but, it is on order and will be at least several days before they can get it, if it arrives. I am sad to say, I hold out little hope, that the part will fix the issue. I hope the part for your Bronco will arrive soon.... it is very sad to have a new vehicle, and have it sitting in a service lot indefinitely. ?

Goombah

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 & 2021 Bronco Sport BB
Hi, I’d sure like to know the outcome of your problem.

DISCOLEG

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Check your coolant.

OP
OP

Chippewajulied

Big Bend
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Soooooo here's my update.....
Currently, my little Bronco is still sitting at the dealership service department. After replacing three different parts.... to no avail, Ford techs said the motor needed to be replaced.... soooo they have ordered a new motor... and will be putting it in. As far as a loaner... we had purchased the extra coverage which allowed for a rental. It has definitely been a very sad and frustrating situation, and Ford has seemed unapologetic that this brand new Bronco, we drove off the lot, with only 2 miles on the odometer, could break down after only 3 weeks, and that a whole new motor is having to be put in, to hopefully rectify the issue. We have gotten nowhere with Ford Customer service, have been told numerous times a supervisor was going to call us back.... which finally happened this past wednesday, after weeks of trying to speak with one. While he was polite and seemed understanding, he could not offer any resolutions other than wait to see if new motor fixes the issue. We are heading towards one month now ????????

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Currently, my little Bronco is still sitting at the dealership service department. After replacing three different parts.... to no avail, Ford techs said the motor needed to be replaced.... soooo they have ordered a new motor... and will be putting it in. As far as a loaner... we had purchased the extra coverage which allowed for a rental. It has definitely been a very sad and frustrating situation, and Ford has seemed unapologetic that this brand new Bronco, we drove off the lot, with only 2 miles on the odometer, could break down after only 3 weeks, and that a whole new motor is having to be put in, to hopefully rectify the issue. We have gotten nowhere with Ford Customer service, have been told numerous times a supervisor was going to call us back.... which finally happened this past wednesday, after weeks of trying to speak with one. While he was polite and seemed understanding, he could not offer any resolutions other than wait to see if new motor fixes the issue. We are heading towards one month now ????????
I would insist on a brand new bronco and keep the loaner.... not unreasonable

SM05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2021 RAV4 TRD Offroad
I'm sorry to hear that. It must be very disappointing to have this happened and have that lackluster customer service treatment. Ford should do better.

Have you considered lemon law in the state of Virginia? One of the qualifying scenarios supposedly is 30 days in the shop w/o resolution.
Code of Virginia Code - Chapter 17.3. Motor Vehicle Warranty Enforcement Act

Last edited:

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
Sorry to hear this story. I would look into lemon law put the pressure on Ford...

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I feel your pain , but getting a new Engine this early could be a good thing , much better then it failing right after the warranty expires . There was another on here that they replaced his Engine because it bent a Crank Sensor & cause issues like yours did . There are only a few reasons a Crankshaft Sensor can be bent & none are good for an Engine .

I wonder if a new ECM will come with the new Engine .
Sponsored