Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Yeah me too. Missing things, substitutes. Seemingly more recalls and problems? I dunno I’m prolly wrong but the 22’s had considerably more recalls and complaints than the 21’s and that’s a fact Jack !
So the 23’s ,, well patterns form,
Fractal images come to mind.
Sponsored

MFM

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Mercury Cougar Convertible
This is not uncommon for things mechanical. I sign off commercial jets as airworthy. In my business this would be like an Airworthiness Directive.... Boeing, Airbus...everybody gets them.

The problem is identified, mitigating measures established and a fix rolled out once designed and proven.
Carry on......

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
2021-2033 Bronco Sport Fuel Injector Recall For 1.5L EcoBoost Engine [Updated With Ford FAQ]

I can't believe this recall will involve vehicles all the way up to 2033!!! :facepalm:

Maureen

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
With everything left off the 2022 vs 2021 Bronco Sports now this recall and obviously other recalls, I think I will sell this Ford POS and by a CRV or RAV4. Jeez at least they are of some quality.
Am with you.... and I traded in my 2020 crv for this car. Poor decision on my behalf. Cannot sell it fast enough

MJbronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BB
So by installing a drain tube, the fuel will be redirected... it's still leaking...🤔

Why not replace the injector that is cracked? Isn't that the safest thing to do?
I'll do you one better....why not replace the fuel rail and be done with it?! All this effort to mitigate a problem when they could just completely fix it....not concerned though

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
2021-2033 Bronco Sport Fuel Injector Recall For 1.5L EcoBoost Engine [Updated With Ford FAQ]

I can't believe this recall will involve vehicles all the way up to 2033!!! :facepalm:
@Slingy gets the joke :clap:

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I'll do you one better....why not replace the fuel rail and be done with it?! All this effort to mitigate a problem when they could just completely fix it....not concerned though
That's the best thing to do!

kennyroo

Big Bend
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the same thing. It means that at this time, it appears that are vehicles maybe affected by this recall. Well know for sure when the letters go out next month.
I read this elsewhere, oh boy . Hoping for the best

TeamTaylorBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, 2020 Ford Edge
Just called our service technician at our Ford dealer today. He said this is an "early notice" Ford is sending out because they are aware of the issue. The dealership doesn't have the parts or even the authorization from Ford to write up this recall yet. He mentioned we will receive a letter from Ford notifying us of the recall sometime in December and then another letter in Q1 2023 regarding the scheduling of the repair. He did say that the smell of gas while driving is the biggest red flag and to bring it in immediately. We have a 2022 OuterBanks with a little over 2500 miles on it. We haven't even had it serviced yet. My wife is a little concerned but loves her Bronco Sport. I'm still driving it as much as possible (thinking happy thoughts). I have to believe if the threat was that significant and probable that Ford would issue a 'stop driving' warning. Here's to hoping everyone stays safe until we can get it fixed!!

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Maybe Ford moved the guy that drilled holes in Maverick gas tanks while installing drop in bed liners to the 1.3L engine factory to install fuel injectors ???:shock:

mikldom

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition, Area 51
The Thing is, when you get the recall it is only going to be inspected for cracks. If none are found they are not going to replace any injectors at all. They are to install the drain tube and put the PCM programming in to notify you if it senses a drop in Fuel Injector pressure and then cut power appropriately. They also say that any cracking will only affect .30 percent or so of 21 and .22 or so of 22 models. I don't know about you, but I would feel much safer with them actually replacing the 3 injectors that may end of cracking at some point instead of just doing a crap workaround. If it indeed is a bad part or bad design or a bad batch, just say so. Extending the warranty to 150,000 miles for injectors doesn't make me feel any better. I will get my bronco to over 300,000 is 6-7 years with the driving I do. (2015 Fiesta is up to 355k miles and running strong, given to my son).

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
Admin update - added link to Ford's FAQ on this recall / issue:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/recall/recalls-and-faqs/bronco-sport-escape-fuel-injector

Announced today by the NHTSA:

2021-2023 Bronco Sport and 2020-2023 Fuel Injector Recall

188,436 Bronco Sport vehicles are affected.

Documents:

Updated with official Ford press release:

FORD ALERTS CUSTOMERS THAT CERTAIN 2020-2023 MY BRONCO SPORT AND ESCAPES MAY HAVE A CRACKED FUEL INJECTOR
NOV 24, 2022 | DEARBORN

Click here for customer information on Ford Bronco Sport Recall

DEARBORN, Mich., November 24, 2022
– Ford Motor Company will urge owners of 2020-2023 MY Bronco Sport and Escapes with 3-cylinder, 1.5L engines to visit their dealership to inspect for a potential cracked fuel injector.

When the engine is operating, a cracked fuel injector could cause fuel and/or fuel vapor to accumulate near hot surfaces, resulting in a potential under hood fire.

“Taking care of our customers who are affected by this potential issue is our utmost priority,” said Jim Azzouz, Executive Director, Global CX Products & Customer Relations. “Once the repair is available, we will ask customers to schedule service with their preferred dealer. They can then take advantage of our complimentary pickup and delivery or a loaner to make sure the repair is completed at their earliest convenience.”

Ford is taking steps to minimize the inconvenience for customers, including providing an option to arrange for free pick-up, repair and delivery, in addition to owners taking vehicles themselves to Ford dealers.

Ford will:
Update the engine control software. To detect whether the fuel injector is cracked and, if so, provide a dashboard message to customers to seek service. Additionally, if a pressure drop in the fuel rail is detected, engine power will automatically be reduced to minimize any risk, while also allowing customers to drive to a safe locations, and stop the vehicle and arrange for service.

Install a tube that drains fuel from the cylinder head and away from hot surfaces, and

Check for excessive fuel odor near the top of the engine,
another indicator of a possible issue.
Ford has not issued instructions to stop driving vehicles under this recall.

This recall affects 518,993 vehicles in the United Stat
Admin update - added link to Ford's FAQ on this recall / issue:

https://www.ford.com/support/how-tos/recall/recalls-and-faqs/bronco-sport-escape-fuel-injector

Announced today by the NHTSA:

2021-2023 Bronco Sport and 2020-2023 Fuel Injector Recall

188,436 Bronco Sport vehicles are affected.

Documents:

Updated with official Ford press release:

FORD ALERTS CUSTOMERS THAT CERTAIN 2020-2023 MY BRONCO SPORT AND ESCAPES MAY HAVE A CRACKED FUEL INJECTOR
NOV 24, 2022 | DEARBORN

Click here for customer information on Ford Bronco Sport Recall

DEARBORN, Mich., November 24, 2022
– Ford Motor Company will urge owners of 2020-2023 MY Bronco Sport and Escapes with 3-cylinder, 1.5L engines to visit their dealership to inspect for a potential cracked fuel injector.

When the engine is operating, a cracked fuel injector could cause fuel and/or fuel vapor to accumulate near hot surfaces, resulting in a potential under hood fire.

“Taking care of our customers who are affected by this potential issue is our utmost priority,” said Jim Azzouz, Executive Director, Global CX Products & Customer Relations. “Once the repair is available, we will ask customers to schedule service with their preferred dealer. They can then take advantage of our complimentary pickup and delivery or a loaner to make sure the repair is completed at their earliest convenience.”

Ford is taking steps to minimize the inconvenience for customers, including providing an option to arrange for free pick-up, repair and delivery, in addition to owners taking vehicles themselves to Ford dealers.

Ford will:
Update the engine control software. To detect whether the fuel injector is cracked and, if so, provide a dashboard message to customers to seek service. Additionally, if a pressure drop in the fuel rail is detected, engine power will automatically be reduced to minimize any risk, while also allowing customers to drive to a safe locations, and stop the vehicle and arrange for service.

Install a tube that drains fuel from the cylinder head and away from hot surfaces, and

Check for excessive fuel odor near the top of the engine,
another indicator of a possible issue.
Ford has not issued instructions to stop driving vehicles under this recall.

This recall affects 518,993 vehicles in the United States. Ford is projecting a low failure rate for fuel injectors experiencing external leak(s) at 15 years/150,000 miles (approximately 0.38% for 2020MY vehicles and 0.22% for 2021-2022MY vehicles.
Of course it does not answer the question of pending scheduled builds of 2023 Bronco Sports. And it does not let me ask the question.
Sponsored