First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
I think I will sell this Ford POS and by a CRV or RAV4. Jeez at least they are of some quality.
Go read over on some CRV forums. Honda has their share of problems too. No shortage of lemon Hondas out there and no shortage of Honda telling owners take a hike we don't care. So my advice be careful with the Hondas are infallible thoughts. carcomplaints.com is a good place to guage how well various manufacturers are doing. Hopefully you can get something with less problems.

My '14 CRV had the famous grind on start timing chain issue. Despite that wide spread issue Honda had NO fix that worked. I ran synthetic oil to reduce noise. Some of those CRVs needed new timing chains then after repair never ending oil leaks. Previously had an '06 Civic with the famous engine block crack another Honda whoops. 2017 and 2015 CRV lemons I could go on for pages about Honda defects. But they get away with it cause of their reputation from the older Hondas.
Sponsored

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
With everything left off the 2022 vs 2021 Bronco Sports now this recall and obviously other recalls, I think I will sell this Ford POS and by a CRV or RAV4. Jeez at least they are of some quality.
have a fun wait getting that rav4

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i dunno. stuff happens especially on a new model. the recalls have been super minor in my case, new brake pads, and checking the oil separator.
every vehicle has a recall or 2, that's the name of the game. i still think the bronco sport is a solid little sport ute.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
I think I will sell this Ford POS and by a CRV
Oh and the 2016 Honda Pilot 9 speed transmission debacle resulting in wide spread lemons nation wide. Took Honda several model years to get the trans to shift correctly. So yeah Hondas never break lets just go blindly buy a new Honda and all my car troubles are gone. Be careful out there folks.

My '09 Pilot Touring I bought new had the famous leaking oil front suspension bushing issue and front brake rotors shot at 20k miles. But I got lucky it wasn't worse...

But Honda will continue to get by on its legendary quality it had in the mid 90s everyone thinks Honda can do no wrong when they have had a large number of really big defects over last couple decades.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Any word/thoughts on which injector(s) could “leak“? We have both direct and port injection on our 1.3L.
Where is a “drain tube” going to be installed? Not so sure I like that idea.

Ford Guy

Outer Banks
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ford F-150 XLT, 2022 Ford Bronco Sport Outer
Will it interfere with the engine cover I had to buy that was left off my 2022 BS OB?

Suckydog

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Mine isn’t showing a recall for that, but I just discovered it just recently got recalled for this:

PCM PROGRAMMING AND DRAIN TUBE INSTALLATION
I thought the same thing, but it does pertain to the same recall, and recall notices won’t go out until December 19th 2022.

kennyroo

Big Bend
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I’m not a part of this recall, but this came up, not sure what it means
Ford Bronco Sport ⚠️ 2021-2023 Bronco Sport Fuel Injector Recall For 1.5L EcoBoost Engine [Updated With Ford FAQ] 5D1A1762-3677-4B05-B69C-B70B1669B6D6

Caliope

Outer Banks
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS OBX, 2019 Ranger Lariat Screw
I’m not a part of this recall, but this came up, not sure what it means
Ford Bronco Sport ⚠️ 2021-2023 Bronco Sport Fuel Injector Recall For 1.5L EcoBoost Engine [Updated With Ford FAQ] 5D1A1762-3677-4B05-B69C-B70B1669B6D6
I have the same thing. It means that at this time, it appears that are vehicles maybe affected by this recall. Well know for sure when the letters go out next month.

jmhpi49

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
So by installing a drain tube, the fuel will be redirected... it's still leaking...🤔

Why not replace the injector that is cracked? Isn't that the safest thing to do?

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
You know if you don’t want to see it, you don’t have to click on it, strange concept I know!

Other people like myself like to stay informed to recalls because they give you advice on what to do in the meantime till it gets fixed. I didn’t know I had a recall on something else till I looked this one up and now I’m glad I know that I should be notified when to get it fixed..
My dealer told me if it is a safety or possibly damaging thing as soon as they are notified my FordPass app on my phone will notify me. And state this.
Also any recall even non critical will show in my Ford pass app as soon as it’s released.
So it hits my app while someone is also seeing it and then posting it here. And I may miss it here.
But I see your point.

Aerobronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
There is no charge for any service related to this recall. Ford is also expanding your warranty to cover cracked fuel injectors for up to 15 years.

Aerobronco

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
So by installing a drain tube, the fuel will be redirected... it's still leaking...🤔

Why not replace the injector that is cracked? Isn't that the safest thing to do?
The fuel injector may crack, and fuel and fuel vapor may migrate and accumulate near ignition sources. This can cause an underhood fire.