Xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Yup, agreed, absolutely makes sense to prioritize customer orders. But I think within customer orders there is another production hierarchy, higher trims scheduled first. At least it seems that way based on the posts here. I know I ordered my BB before a few folks with higher trims and I've not been scheduled. Luck o'the draw 😄
Yeah I ordered a heritage limited in August and I've not been scheduled either. We're down to one car too. I really wish they would hurry
Sponsored

TNewm22

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F-150
I have a MY 23 Big Bend ordered 8/3 that was scheduled for 11/14 and has been pushed to 11/28 Production Week as of now

BodieBronco

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
I am an outer banks that was sceduled for 11/21 but got moved to 11/28.
My added features were moonroof (incl tech) and assist plus.
Color is atlas blue with the brown interior.
I wonder which features made the difference.

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
I am an outer banks that was sceduled for 11/21 but got moved to 11/28.
My added features were moonroof (incl tech) and assist plus.
Color is atlas blue with the brown interior.
I wonder which features made the difference.
My guess is none of the above. I also follow the Maverick Truck Club and a few of the ‘22 orders that should have stopped production the week of 11/7 are getting pushed back to 11/14. However, some BS orders are still 11/14 and some are getting moved up to 11/14 from a later week. So no clue really. But I do not think it has anything to do with anything on your actual build. I have not heard of any constraints yet for the BS.

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Just my guess, and someone else mentioned this too, I would bet they are prioritizing more expensive builds, possibly also based on dealership. Not saying it’s fair, just based on reading about the builds that were bumped versus those moved up.

TresAraras

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kia Soul !
...possibly also based on dealership. Not saying it’s fair, just based on reading about the builds that were bumped versus those moved up.
I'm new to pre-orders, etc. Would love y'all's input before I ask my sales rep... How does dealer allocation work? Do they receive X number of vehicles/mo. general allotment or is it by model? I am the first '23 BS order at our local (very small) dealership; my sales rep has a folder of yet unfilled Maverick orders. Am I in line behind them or separate due to different model? Also, my purchase agreement has priority code of 13. Not sure if that is good or bad. Thx for any insight you can provide!

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
I'm new to pre-orders, etc. Would love y'all's input before I ask my sales rep... How does dealer allocation work? Do they receive X number of vehicles/mo. general allotment or is it by model? I am the first '23 BS order at our local (very small) dealership; my sales rep has a folder of yet unfilled Maverick orders. Am I in line behind them or separate due to different model? Also, my purchase agreement has priority code of 13. Not sure if that is good or bad. Thx for any insight you can provide!
Maverick orders are another beast on its own and really do not impact your order. As for Bronco Sport orders and your priority code, 13 is okay, but I would ask what other orders are put in as. My understanding is that Ford was able to build ALL ‘22 BS orders so there are no roll overs. If your dealership puts all orders in as a priority 13 then everyone is equal. But if someone is a 10 and you are a 13, I’d ask why. If you are the first order, then as soon as they get a BS allocation, your order should get picked up.

Allocations… my understanding is that the way dealers earn allocations changed for the ‘23 model year but not by a whole lot. It’s based on sales of the model (and a few other things). They earn allocations monthly. So your dealer has to have a BS allocation in order for Ford to even look at your order or any other BS orders your dealer has. But again, if you are the first order as soon as your dealer earns/receives an allocation your order should be picked up.

Hope this helps…

Xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Maverick orders are another beast on its own and really do not impact your order. As for Bronco Sport orders and your priority code, 13 is okay, but I would ask what other orders are put in as. My understanding is that Ford was able to build ALL ‘22 BS orders so there are no roll overs. If your dealership puts all orders in as a priority 13 then everyone is equal. But if someone is a 10 and you are a 13, I’d ask why. If you are the first order, then as soon as they get a BS allocation, your order should get picked up.

Allocations… my understanding is that the way dealers earn allocations changed for the ‘23 model year but not by a whole lot. It’s based on sales of the model (and a few other things). They earn allocations monthly. So your dealer has to have a BS allocation in order for Ford to even look at your order or any other BS orders your dealer has. But again, if you are the first order as soon as your dealer earns/receives an allocation your order should be picked up.

Hope this helps…
I sure wish I knew behind the scenes what the heritage limited situation is! My dealer says they have the allocations for mine. We're down to one car now so its a little frustrating to be in the dark

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
I sure wish I knew behind the scenes what the heritage limited situation is! My dealer says they have the allocations for mine. We're down to one car now so its a little frustrating to be in the dark
That’s interesting. I saw something yesterday that said dealers still have not been told how many allocations they’ll receive for the limited. They think they’ll get a couple allocations each year, but again, they are not sure. This is coming from my dealer that has 6 limiteds on order. They did say they hope to know more this week because some of those orders might just want to switch to a badlands.

I forget, or maybe you haven’t said, which color did you order? Someone posted that they plan on producing the Robin’s Egg first, then the Yellowstone, then the Peak Blue. So depending on your color, you could be waiting…

Xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
That’s interesting. I saw something yesterday that said dealers still have not been told how many allocations they’ll receive for the limited. They think they’ll get a couple allocations each year, but again, they are not sure. This is coming from my dealer that has 6 limiteds on order. They did say they hope to know more this week because some of those orders might just want to switch to a badlands.

I forget, or maybe you haven’t said, which color did you order? Someone posted that they plan on producing the Robin’s Egg first, then the Yellowstone, then the Peak Blue. So depending on your color, you could be waiting…
Robins egg blue. Yeah I know my dealer telling me anything doesn't really mean much and I trust what you hear from Long McArthur over my dealer but they've been good so far. They just told me the manager was only getting a few allocations for the limited but I would be one of them. Hopefully Tim will share some good news with us this coming week!

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Robins egg blue. Yeah I know my dealer telling me anything doesn't really mean much and I trust what you hear from Long McArthur over my dealer but they've been good so far. They just told me the manager was only getting a few allocations for the limited but I would be one of them. Hopefully Tim will share some good news with us this coming week!
Great color; I think 😜. I can’t wait to see it in person. I’m sure your dealer is telling you the truth and as long as you are the first or second order you should be good. If you watch Tim’s livestreams on Tuesday nights, he said he hopes to have an update then. It’s been one of the items he’s been trying to get an answer on. Fingers crossed 🤞.

Xrayphoton1

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro
Great color; I think 😜. I can’t wait to see it in person. I’m sure your dealer is telling you the truth and as long as you are the first or second order you should be good. If you watch Tim’s livestreams on Tuesday nights, he said he hopes to have an update then. It’s been one of the items he’s been trying to get an answer on. Fingers crossed 🤞.
Yeah I watch when I can. I like having someone that cares and is knowledgeable on our side. I would have ordered from him if I didn't find a local dealer I liked. I'm all the way in Houston.

TresAraras

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Kia Soul !

Suzysparks

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura MDX Type S
Yeah I watch when I can. I like having someone that cares and is knowledgeable on our side. I would have ordered from him if I didn't find a local dealer I liked. I'm all the way in Houston.
I’m in San Antonio… right down I-10 from you.

Kraken23

Badlands
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL
Mine is scheduled for the week of 11/21. Ordered on 09/09 and received email about production date on 09/21.
Sponsored