? New Tacoma spied during testing

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I stand corrected. Never knew there was other car news here. My apologies.

bobdod

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Badlands Cyber Orange
I mean - sure, it's not Bronco, but I get it. I imagine a lot of Bronco (Sport) buyers are interested in this whole segment.

And I think I can speak for many that we're all ready to see a new, fresh Tacoma.

Grill/Front end looks bigger/squarer? Guessing it will get a Tundra-like facelift, excited to see it.

Reactions: MJE

Robins21

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport, 05 F150, 99 Explorer, 69 Stang
Not interested, if I want another pick up I will get another Ranger.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I looked at the Tacoma a few years ago. Really hope these new ones have a different seating position, because the current model is not very comfortable. The floor is way too flat.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
It's appropriate that it wear a burqa...

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
If theres a new Tacoma coming then I hope that means a new 4Runner will follow. The current one goes back to 2010.

Desert Bronco.

Badlands
First Name
Mitchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Schwinn Beach Cruiser,
and why????
I looked at the Tacomas for a while. Overpriced for both new and used. Bed is too small, and tow rating is marginal. Gas mileage sucked and it’s a $40k+ vehicle for the TRD Pro off road. So that was a no-go. Most of the Tacomas I see they use for commuting and not working. If the truck was in the Mid ‘30k range I would be driving the Taco. So I ordered the BS Badlands instead. I looked at the Ranger same deal, $40k plus for the higher end trim package. Better towing ? better MPG. But I know that the 6g is coming out so I passed on the Ranger.

Orin

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
If theres a new Tacoma coming then I hope that means a new 4Runner will follow. The current one goes back to 2010.
I love my bronco sport but if they ever come out with a revamp new 4Runner holy smokes I'm trading my bronco in. I was a Toyota guy before buying this bronco it's my first Ford vehicle ever.

edit: Correction, I've own a F150 for a very short period (1 year) before realizing how I just didn't need a big truck.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Toyota, Nissan, Honda, and especially Jeep/dodge all have dated inefficient engines.
The Subaru Boxster engine is a work of art but the car could be better.
The Bronco and our Sports AND the Maverick are going to lead the change they must make.
As for the New Ranger, I drove one. Worlds above and out front of all the Foreign makes in handling, abilities, mpg’s, comfort, value and looks.
At least the Ranger is worth the $40,000
FWIW
I’ve owned almost all those I listed.
Three Tacomas,
One Nissan,
Two Hondas,
OneJeep,
Six Fords,,,,,

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I looked at the Tacomas for a while. Overpriced for both new and used.
When I was shopping for a 4WD vehicle I looked at used Tacos as well. Way, WAY, WAY, overpriced! Saw a local 2004 on Autotrader with 160K on the ODO asking nearly $20 thousand. I noped right back to looking for a Badlands.

GizzardLizard

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I love my bronco sport but if they ever come out with a revamp new 4Runner holy smokes I'm trading my bronco in. I was a Toyota guy before buying this bronco it's my first Ford vehicle ever.

edit: Correction, I've own a F150 for a very short period (1 year) before realizing how I just didn't need a big truck.
A redesigned 4Runner especially with a Hybrid would be way too appealing for me. I really wanted a current gen 4Runner but its just too big and inefficient for me to justify, especially now that the BS is out in a smaller and much more economical package.

Like Osco said, Toyotas current engines are old and inefficient comapred to newer engines on the market. Thats starting to change thankfully.
Sponsored