V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Well after reading posts on accessories and adding bling for the last 2 months I figured it was time to post my BS OB project.
To start with I decided to keep the original wheels and tires. Ford did a good job on wheels and IMO the wheels are perfect for the Shadow Black scheme. Black really wasn't my preferred color but now that I have it I like it so decided to embrace the black.
The OB badge on the sides bothered me, could be the location. So clean it up I removed it and now it looks way sleeker. I removed the sport letters on the lift gate also and put Matte black vinyl overlay on the the front and back letters. The all black scheme really looks sharper and more refined. Perfect for the streets of Miami.
The rest of the add ons include: gas hood struts which are awesome and well worth $100. I just finished installing low profile side window rain deflectors which really blend and don't look so much like cheap rain gutters. Next was a hood deflector, sill plates, rear bumper protector and last but not least a Carhartt Dash pad. Which honestly I'm not too impressed with. The quality is not what I would expect with a Carhartt label
My next mod is a axle-back exhaust system. I'm not going for sound, going for power and mpg. Which following on to my recent post on mileage I'm still getting a very consistent 32-33 mpg on 93 Chevron. I just broke over 2000 miles so it could get slightly better from here on out. And because a good exhaust needs good intake I'm going for the K&N CAI. I figured the 2 grand I saved by not changing out the tires and wheels is better spent on the engine mods. I'll write a new post once I install the package.
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 OB Black Beauty 20220304_155030
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 OB Black Beauty 20220304_154411
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 OB Black Beauty 20220304_154548
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 OB Black Beauty 20220304_154459
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 OB Black Beauty 20220304_154750
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 OB Black Beauty 20220304_154959
Ford Bronco Sport 2021 OB Black Beauty 20220304_154816
Sponsored

OP
OP
V8 Yankee

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
To add the mods I also upgraded all tail lights with LEDs, what a difference and no hyper flash issues. I also tinted the front side windows to 20% to match the factory tint and had a winshied tint at the top as well. This really made a huge difference in cooling the interior down. Someone in another post asked what phone holder works best. I put a mount in the comsole cup holder, really workers great, keeps the phone out of the way and is super adjustable and solid. There really is not much else I can add without over doing it. When the aftermarket catches up with more options I'm sure I'll find something but for now I'm pretty much done except for the cold air intake and exhaust mod next week.

SC21

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It looks great! I like the subtle, useful mods you've done, congrats! I've had my '22 Iconic Silver OB about a month and not ready / decided on what way to go with it yet. Regarding the wheels, I go back and forth on them. one day I like them, the next I want to swap 'em out for 17's. What don't you lke about the carhart dash cover? Cost vs. longevity? Anyway, you have a great looking OB!

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Love the look of your ride!!

OP
OP
V8 Yankee

V8 Yankee

Outer Banks
First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
It looks great! I like the subtle, useful mods you've done, congrats! I've had my '22 Iconic Silver OB about a month and not ready / decided on what way to go with it yet. Regarding the wheels, I go back and forth on them. one day I like them, the next I want to swap 'em out for 17's. What don't you lke about the carhart dash cover? Cost vs. longevity? Anyway, you have a great looking OB!
Overall the look is good, it was the quality of the construction that surprised me. The folds on the backside were cut badly leaving gaps in stitching. Other areas had too much. The air bag flap was really off in fitment. Granted it's a hard pattern but that's why I paid more money hoping to get a cover that laid down evenly. I took it down the street to a tailor and she corrected the mistakes best she could, that added a extra $10. It's not really the cost that bothered me, just the quality.