SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I ordered the rough country bull bar and lights. Just installed it today. Don't recommend doing it alone because there's many parts you need more than 2 hands. Also before you cut the slots for the brackets, hold the bar up to it and make sure it lines up. Mine didn't line up properly so we had to bend the brackets in place and I had to cut larger holes so the brackets would fit into the bumper. Not too happy about that. All in all I love how it looks now. To lift or not to lift next?

Ford Bronco Sport Installed new Rough Country bull bar and 2" square lights 20211012_224217

Ford Bronco Sport Installed new Rough Country bull bar and 2" square lights 20211013_173919

Ford Bronco Sport Installed new Rough Country bull bar and 2" square lights 20211014_190244
Sponsored

Digitalexcess

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It looks great. Lift is not a bad idea, but then you'll want new tires...

Was the wiring strait-forward?

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
It looks great. Lift is not a bad idea, but then you'll want new tires...

Was the wiring strait-forward?
I didn't get the wiring ran like I wanted to because we ran out of daylight. But yes, it's pretty simple and straight forward. I just have to find a way in through the firewall and mount the switch. As for the lift and tires, I was just going to wait til I needed new tires.

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I didn't get the wiring ran like I wanted to because we ran out of daylight. But yes, it's pretty simple and straight forward. I just have to find a way in through the firewall and mount the switch. As for the lift and tires, I was just going to wait til I needed new tires.
Have you tried going through the steering column grommet in the firewall? I was able to run wires through but had to remove the battery to get access.

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Have you tried going through the steering column grommet in the firewall? I was able to run wires through but had to remove the battery to get access.
[/QU I will definitely have to check that out.
I am definitely going to have to check that out. Because it's such a new car there aren't many things online about doing stuff like this. Thanks for the advice! Also whenever I unhooked the battery while putting the bull bar on, I got the check engine light for a little while. it turned off after a few cycles. But I'm just curious about that why it made the light come on. Did yours?

SunZmSpark

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I am definitely going to have to check that out. Because it's such a new car there aren't many things online about doing stuff like this. Thanks for the advice! Also whenever I unhooked the battery while putting the bull bar on, I got the check engine light for a little while. it turned off after a few cycles. But I'm just curious about that why it made the light come on. Did yours?
I haven't installed a bull bar any lighting "yet". I installed a forward camera on the front bumper and ran the wire through the steering column. I didn't have any issues with the Check Engine light coming on after I reconnected the terminal.

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Looks so cool! Love it. The decals on the BRONCO logo look great too.

RRD

Badlands
First Name
Toby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands - Area 51 "Bad Alien"
Could you get a shot from the side? I want to see how it looks that way. Looks great from the front!

I ordered the rough country bull bar and lights. Just installed it today. Don't recommend doing it alone because there's many parts you need more than 2 hands. Also before you cut the slots for the brackets, hold the bar up to it and make sure it lines up. Mine didn't line up properly so we had to bend the brackets in place and I had to cut larger holes so the brackets would fit into the bumper. Not too happy about that. All in all I love how it looks now. To lift or not to lift next?

drsnutz46

Big Bend
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I can help you with the wiring issue, I installed the roof light bar and had the same issue figuring out how to run the wiring into the cab. If you open the drivers door and look down the pillar toward the engine bay you'll see a black plastic grommet that you can pop out, it comes out easily and goes back in just as easy, you can cut a hole in the grommet run the wiring harness through it down through the slot that it covers and reach up under the dash board at the kick panel and grab your harness and run it to wherever you want and reinstall the grommet back in it's hole. Also if you open the hood you'll see a corresponding channel that goes from the engine bay through the front fender to where the grommet is making it a way clean installation. Make sure you use a little silicone where you put the harness through the grommet to keep any water out, hope this helps you out. Much better than going through the steering shaft grommet.

OP
OP
SondraBurnsRed

SondraBurnsRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Sondra
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Could you get a shot from the side? I want to see how it looks that way. Looks great from the front!
Yeah I'll do it tomorrow whenever it's lighter out.
I can help you with the wiring issue, I installed the roof light bar and had the same issue figuring out how to run the wiring into the cab. If you open the drivers door and look down the pillar toward the engine bay you'll see a black plastic grommet that you can pop out, it comes out easily and goes back in just as easy, you can cut a hole in the grommet run the wiring harness through it down through the slot that it covers and reach up under the dash board at the kick panel and grab your harness and run it to wherever you want and reinstall the grommet back in it's hole. Also if you open the hood you'll see a corresponding channel that goes from the engine bay through the front fender to where the grommet is making it a way clean installation. Make sure you use a little silicone where you put the harness through the grommet to keep any water out, hope this helps you out. Much better than going through the steering shaft grommet.
So that is actually where I started running it and I just have it running through the door and I have it sitting on my dashboard right now. I wasn't sure how to get it through and be able to pull it down but if you said I just push it down through there and reach up in there and grab it, that works out a ton. I'll definitely take pictures thanks for the heads up!!!

KodiakMomCrawler

Outer Banks
First Name
Maria
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2021 Ranger Tremor
Right? Such a little thing makes a big difference. I actually bought them on Etsy..
Etsy has great stuff. I recently bought a bronco oval logo to replace the Ford logo… I haven’t received it yet, but hopefully it looks good.

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
They need to make a way to keep the tow hooks or the stabdard d ring connection. Or even allow mounting of a winch. Would not be to hard to do.
Sponsored