Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Lighting write up is all done!

I had some guy try to be Voldemort to me in another thread and it got me thinking... Some people are idiots. No matter what you do, the idiots are always gonna idiot, and then in the midst of their idiotin' they are gonna blame you. So with that being said.

DON'T DO THIS TO YOUR BRONCO! Seriously.

I did it to MY Bronco. Cause Buck is mine and I can do whatever the hell I want. Just like you can do whatever the hell you wanna do with yours.

If when you are doing whatever the hell you are doing, if you do something wrong, don't come sniffing round here with a bunch of blame and hate. I took my time to research what I did, and I wasn't confident in what I did. AT ALL.

Until I pushed the button on my controller to turn on the lights I was filled with so much anxiety. This was a really intimidating task to me.

But ya know what? It worked! It freaking worked and its bad ass and I'm super proud of it and myself and I want you to feel the same way! So take a look, and if you need help, reach out! I will do what I can, answer what I can, and help ya try to find an answer if I don't know!

The links!

Hood mount brackets
Ditch lights
Light bar
Amber
Switch
Micro 3 Tap
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

BabyBro

Big Bend
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
This is exactly why I enjoy this forum, to get ideas and learn from others! Buck looks bad ass for sure! When I first bought my BB I thought I was just purchasing a cool little SUV, but it has quickly turned into a fun hobby to customize how I want! Thanks for sharing, bad ass for sure!

endrMinr

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport
Did you wire all of these into the fog lights or high beams, or maybe add a switch somewhere? Thinking of things to improve

OP
OP
Johnperrion

Johnperrion

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Did you wire all of these into the fog lights or high beams, or maybe add a switch somewhere? Thinking of things to improve
Sorry for the super late reply. They are all wired into an 8 panel switch that I installed under the hood. I have used 4 of the 8 possible switches so far.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
It's cool to see someone use that extra space under the hood. It seemed to me like the two plastic cones coming off the shelf were always there to bolt something up. I had so much anxiety on the first 12 or so photos and then it went into a loom and I relaxed more! :whew: Is there a practical reason to make the switch that extendable??

If anyone else wants to see the pics, you click where the photo should be and take #ymGBgvG off the end of the URL.

Nyeagle

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Lighting write up is all done!

I had some guy try to be Voldemort to me in another thread and it got me thinking... Some people are idiots. No matter what you do, the idiots are always gonna idiot, and then in the midst of their idiotin' they are gonna blame you. So with that being said.

DON'T DO THIS TO YOUR BRONCO! Seriously.

I did it to MY Bronco. Cause Buck is mine and I can do whatever the hell I want. Just like you can do whatever the hell you wanna do with yours.

If when you are doing whatever the hell you are doing, if you do something wrong, don't come sniffing round here with a bunch of blame and hate. I took my time to research what I did, and I wasn't confident in what I did. AT ALL.

Until I pushed the button on my controller to turn on the lights I was filled with so much anxiety. This was a really intimidating task to me.

But ya know what? It worked! It freaking worked and its bad ass and I'm super proud of it and myself and I want you to feel the same way! So take a look, and if you need help, reach out! I will do what I can, answer what I can, and help ya try to find an answer if I don't know!

The links!

Hood mount brackets
Ditch lights
Light bar
Amber
Switch
Micro 3 Tap
The grommet on the door that you used did the wires just fall straight to the floor?

crockermt

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Where did you tap into for power? According to the owner's manual, Fuse location 1 under the hood is a 30A Aftermarket auxiliary lighting. Would like to tap into that but haven't seen anything on how to do that.

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Nice build! I’m about ready to get started on my lighting venture, but I’m running into some grounding confusion with a set of my lights, so I completely understand the anxiety, especially after seeing all the discussions about the electrical nightmare the BS is.

I’m looking to add a nudge bar with 2x 7” 3-way LEDs, a 20” bar on the roof rack, and cutting in some Raptor LEDs in the grill.

The 3-ways are what’s confusing me with the controller. 1 ground wire to 3 controller relays. I’d love to get the DRL to run with OEM headlight DRL automatically, but I’m not in the mood to splice like I’ve done on my Jeep in the past. So I’m taking the safer route and wiring each bulb setting to its own separate switch.
Thoughts on the ground?

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Nice build! I’m about ready to get started on my lighting venture, but I’m running into some grounding confusion with a set of my lights, so I completely understand the anxiety, especially after seeing all the discussions about the electrical nightmare the BS is.

I’m looking to add a nudge bar with 2x 7” 3-way LEDs, a 20” bar on the roof rack, and cutting in some Raptor LEDs in the grill.

The 3-ways are what’s confusing me with the controller. 1 ground wire to 3 controller relays. I’d love to get the DRL to run with OEM headlight DRL automatically, but I’m not in the mood to splice like I’ve done on my Jeep in the past. So I’m taking the safer route and wiring each bulb setting to its own separate switch.
Thoughts on the ground?
Self taping screw to a strut in the engine bay. Any one will do. There was a post about it in face book somewhere.
I really want to tap the raptor lights into the DTR system but the ones in the headlights turn off when the directionals come on. (Druing the day).
I really don't want to use a switch bit I think I might.
Are the rear parking lights DTR? That might be an option if you could find them under the hood.
I'll let you know if I figure something out.
Sponsored