Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
Okay, I live in Northern Minnesota and we have cold and snow, but not too much snow. It was a beautiful day and thought I would take a pic of my Big Bend in the front yard as well as for a capability test. I dug it out.

First of all, the Continental tires are good on packed snow as well as some 2-3" stuff I ran on some service roads. But for a little fun, I am not confident, I will not do this again until upgraded. It has been really cold so the snow is a bit sugary but my 2002 Dakota would walk through it. We are looking at a foot maybe. I basically got high centered on packed sugar. If I had a Bad Lands I am sure it would not have had a problem with this amount of snow. This Big Bend is going to get a lift and most importantly, proper tires. Proper tires are huge up here to have any fun/capability, the Wildpeak and KO2 is something to follow.

As we are getting towards winter's end, I am not going to do this immediately and do some research. I know there are a couple aftermarkets that offer lift/level kits but Ford is also supposed to release a kit as well. Just going to wait for more options.

I am not disappointed but finding its limitations. The attached pics will show some plowed banks around my driveway but the BB is not in it, for the most part. I still got my pics in the front yard though.

Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread IMG-0397

Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread IMG-0398

Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread IMG-0400

Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread IMG-0401

Willow

Big Bend
First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - Kodiak Brown; 2008 Mustang GT
That would have walked through my yard!

JamieKelli

Big Bend
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I've had my BB in Kodiak Brown now for about a month, and I relied heavily on photos in this thread when choosing my color, so I thought I would throw in a few pictures of my own and give my 2 cents on the color. Hopefully this will help anyone who is on the fence about going with this color versus something different. For me, Kodiak Brown is definitely a "love/hate" relationship. As many have stated, and as I was well aware going into this, it can look black much of the time. I am here to tell you that is absolutely true. In order to get the beautiful metallic brown you see in many of the photos, you MUST be in DIRECT sunlight, not just a sunny day. In fact the sides of the vehicle that aren't in the direct sun on a sunny day will look even more black than usual. Only the parts of the body that are reflecting direct sunlight at the proper angle to the viewers eye will appear brown/ copper. Most of the other photos you see in this thread are being taken from that perfect angle when the sun is just right. AND it will NEVER look completely brown from any angle. It always has a mix, like sunlight on a glass of root beer. However, when they are reflecting that color, it is absolutely stunning. Brown, orange, copper, yellow, even purplish at times, it really lights up. People who have seen it in that type of light seem to go crazy over the color, it's the first thing they mention any. When it is cloudy or getting dark, or simply not in the sun, it can be disappointing if you were hoping to have a brown vehicle. So be warned if you are considering this color. Personally, I was on the fence between this color and Cactus Gray, and I definitely DID NOT want a black one. So that is wherein the problem lies for me, but I basically knew what I was in for with this. If you would be just as happy with a black one, but also like the idea of the brown, then absolutely, this is the color for you! You basically get two colors in one! Even when it looks black, the depth of the metallic finish and the mirror glass reflection is incredible, probably nicer than the Shadow Black would look. But be well aware, if you go with this color, more often than not people will see a black Bronco on the road. I still feel that I am happy with my choice most of the time, I just think right now some of the lighter colors have more "pop" on the road and while these vehicles still a novelty that is fun. But my gut tells me that I would have eventually regretted getting the Cactus Gray once these become more common on the road. Kodiak Brown is a very special color that only comes out at special times, and I think it really suits me, so I'm happy to be part of the club. I hope this posting is helpful!!

Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread IMG_20210313_124016158
Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread IMG_20210226_151858855_HDR
Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread IMG_20210226_141336637
Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread IMG_20210327_124526987

nch5013

Big Bend
First Name
Nicole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 KB Big Bend
JUST ordered my Kodiak Brown BB+BB yesterday! At least a 12-15 week wait though, ugh! So excited though!

jaws72

Big Bend
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150 FX2
Just picked mine up today: it was so shiny after prep, then it rained. Absolutely love it.

I think my kids need to help me with all the electronics features, my '08 F-150 doesn't have all the modern technology. Reminds me of when I upgraded from flip-phone to I-phone.

gingerjane

Outer Banks
First Name
Ginger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Introducing Ferguson - my OB Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport. I never thought I would choose the Kodiak Brown, but when I saw it on the lot, I was hooked! I absolutely LOVE the color!

I'm dying to put a big, white bronco on the hood. Anyone else thought about decaling the hood?

Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread bronco 1
Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread bronco 2
Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread bronco 3
Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread bronco 5

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
Introducing Ferguson - my OB Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport. I never thought I would choose the Kodiak Brown, but when I saw it on the lot, I was hooked! I absolutely LOVE the color!

I'm dying to put a big, white bronco on the hood. Anyone else thought about decaling the hood?
Nice one Ginger! I love my Kodiak Brown too, especially in the sun or even in any bright light at all. It really pops. I did get a hood overlay from Vortex Signs - its a "V4" whatever that means - but I got mine in black out of possible glare considerations. Been too busy to install yet... but will post once I do.

BayBrownBronco

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I've had my BB in Kodiak Brown now for about a month, and I relied heavily on photos in this thread when choosing my color, so I thought I would throw in a few pictures of my own and give my 2 cents on the color. Hopefully this will help anyone who is on the fence about going with this color versus something different. For me, Kodiak Brown is definitely a "love/hate" relationship. As many have stated, and as I was well aware going into this, it can look black much of the time. I am here to tell you that is absolutely true. In order to get the beautiful metallic brown you see in many of the photos, you MUST be in DIRECT sunlight, not just a sunny day. In fact the sides of the vehicle that aren't in the direct sun on a sunny day will look even more black than usual. Only the parts of the body that are reflecting direct sunlight at the proper angle to the viewers eye will appear brown/ copper. Most of the other photos you see in this thread are being taken from that perfect angle when the sun is just right. AND it will NEVER look completely brown from any angle. It always has a mix, like sunlight on a glass of root beer. However, when they are reflecting that color, it is absolutely stunning. Brown, orange, copper, yellow, even purplish at times, it really lights up. People who have seen it in that type of light seem to go crazy over the color, it's the first thing they mention any. When it is cloudy or getting dark, or simply not in the sun, it can be disappointing if you were hoping to have a brown vehicle. So be warned if you are considering this color. Personally, I was on the fence between this color and Cactus Gray, and I definitely DID NOT want a black one. So that is wherein the problem lies for me, but I basically knew what I was in for with this. If you would be just as happy with a black one, but also like the idea of the brown, then absolutely, this is the color for you! You basically get two colors in one! Even when it looks black, the depth of the metallic finish and the mirror glass reflection is incredible, probably nicer than the Shadow Black would look. But be well aware, if you go with this color, more often than not people will see a black Bronco on the road. I still feel that I am happy with my choice most of the time, I just think right now some of the lighter colors have more "pop" on the road and while these vehicles still a novelty that is fun. But my gut tells me that I would have eventually regretted getting the Cactus Gray once these become more common on the road. Kodiak Brown is a very special color that only comes out at special times, and I think it really suits me, so I'm happy to be part of the club. I hope this posting is helpful!!
Jamie, Thanks, yes your post was a help! I've been too busy to post much since I got my Sport... but I did think and review a lot online (plus at dealers) before deciding on this color. Your insights were a big assist, since I also did not want a black Sport. But I agree, this is a unique, special color and I'm glad I pounced on it when I had the chance! Also - I am still amazed at how it glows in the sun, especially when lit by sunrise or sunset rays, and yes there is copper in there somewhere. Pretty cool!
Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread thumbnail_IMG_2688

immortalwombat

First Edition
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Picked up our Kodiak Brown BL+BL Sport yesterday. Looks great in bright light and gets dark almost black at night. Going to take interior measurements to post in the next few days. Will post some picks when I get good ones.
Ford Bronco Sport OFFICIAL KODIAK BROWN Bronco Sport Thread Broncosm
10/10
Sponsored