First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Have you had an opportunity to check the clearances with those 245/65/17s and the Badlands? I have the BL as well and don't want to add a lift. That said I do like filling out those wheel wells, but not at the expense of function. And I certainly don't want to grind down pinch welds.... might affect body integrity...

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Have you had an opportunity to check the clearances with those 245/65/17s and the Badlands? I have the BL as well and don't want to add a lift. That said I do like filling out those wheel wells, but not at the expense of function. And I certainly don't want to grind down pinch welds.... might affect body integrity...
Since the rub from larger tires happens at the back of the wheel well, a lift doesn’t really change the equation. It does change how compressed the suspension would need to be to cause a rub, but if you plan to go places where you will highly compress the suspension and have the steering wheel turned, a tire larger than 29.5” (245/65/17) will rub. This will happen with or without a lift.

There could be some aftermarket kit in the future that really changes suspension geometry enough to make a larger tire possible without modifying the unibody. For now, that kit does not exist, as far as I know.

OP
OP
derickveliz

derickveliz

Badlands
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
No issues at all!
For the looks works perfect
If I was going to do a lot of off-road maybe I would go for 235/65/17, but that’s just my humble opinion 😉 Cheers!!!

Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Badlands Bronco Sport Journey! 4129FAFC-D2A2-4677-916D-1CDEB5FF2A58

OP
OP
derickveliz

derickveliz

Badlands
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Foam engine cover does some deadening to the engine noise, about 2 db. Not much but it does cut into an annoying high pitch noise between 2K and 4K.
I'm very happy with the way it looks and helping reduce engine noise it's a plus for sure!

Test at idle without cover...
Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Badlands Bronco Sport Journey! 1657506477000

Test at idle with engine cover...
Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Badlands Bronco Sport Journey! 1657506524156

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Since the rub from larger tires happens at the back of the wheel well, a lift doesn’t really change the equation. It does change how compressed the suspension would need to be to cause a rub, but if you plan to go places where you will highly compress the suspension and have the steering wheel turned, a tire larger than 29.5” (245/65/17) will rub. This will happen with or without a lift.

There could be some aftermarket kit in the future that really changes suspension geometry enough to make a larger tire possible without modifying the unibody. For now, that kit does not exist, as far as I know.
This is a helpful explanation and yes function/performance under load is what I choose over appearances. As mentioned before I m not interested in any lift and off roading is 33 percent of what I do. However, this vehicle is also my daily driver so that's the other 66%...

Thanks for this information... I'll just get the blockiest AT's I can find, but stay within the 235/65/17's... At the point the BFG/KO2's seem the most aggressive AT's at present.

OP
OP
derickveliz

derickveliz

Badlands
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In a very amateur way Exploring the B&O system, I took some RTA (real time analyzer) screenshots playing Pink Noise on the B&O Audio System:

The graph it's not bad, Tonality isn't that bad, no big peaks or valleys, but in real life the system may not sound as good as we wanted.

@ Pilots hearing position:
Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Badlands Bronco Sport Journey! 1657686035501

and my settings are like these: (I know I have the treble a little too hot, but that's ok) ;)
Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Badlands Bronco Sport Journey! 1657686190721

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I've heard a few people complaining in here about the B&O system, but for me it's the best sounding car I've been in. Even windows down, the audio is amazing to me. I mostly play sound through USB through my phone streaming YouTube Music. The radio sounds just OK, but that's to be expected. Sirius is also good/ok. But YouTube Music sounds amazing to me. Just my $0.02. I did adjust the treble higher when I first got it, but then I returned it to stock settings and it sounds great to me.

OP
OP
derickveliz

derickveliz

Badlands
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
derickveliz

derickveliz

Badlands
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've heard a few people complaining in here about the B&O system, but for me it's the best sounding car I've been in. Even windows down, the audio is amazing to me. I mostly play sound through USB through my phone streaming YouTube Music. The radio sounds just OK, but that's to be expected. Sirius is also good/ok. But YouTube Music sounds amazing to me. Just my $0.02. I did adjust the treble higher when I first got it, but then I returned it to stock settings and it sounds great to me.
I believe there is value in the system, they did a good job with so little, I know it’s not a true soundstage but that would be too much to ask 😉 enjoy your ride 😎

D.

OP
OP
derickveliz

derickveliz

Badlands
First Name
Derick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport My 2022 Badlands Bronco Sport Journey! 2BC2EA23-F2AB-4DB2-97AD-6E3D156B53CD
Sponsored