Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Can you please post a picture of the powder coated wheels, been debating it but I still think I want 17"

OP
OP
AltrdCrbnOB21

AltrdCrbnOB21

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Can you please post a picture of the powder coated wheels, been debating it but I still think I want 17"
Will do. Literally just dropped them off at the coater. All goes well, they should be ready to pick up on Monday.:please:

Rojo13

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, GMC Acadia
This is great! Thanks for posting.

So, what does a standard lift on the OB cost ballpark? I have been looking to get new tires (currently stock) for My OB but wondering if I should prioritize the lift instead?

OP
OP
AltrdCrbnOB21

AltrdCrbnOB21

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
This is great! Thanks for posting.

So, what does a standard lift on the OB cost ballpark? I have been looking to get new tires (currently stock) for My OB but wondering if I should prioritize the lift instead?
I talked to a number of shops in my area and they all quoted around $1100-1200 for the lift kit, 4/5hrs labor, and alignment.

OP
OP
AltrdCrbnOB21

AltrdCrbnOB21

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
wondering if I should prioritize the lift instead?
One shop told me if I got the lift first and had the alignment done, then whenever I got new tires put on later, the alignment would still be good. Didn’t know if I trusted that and felt more comfortable getting it all done at once, fwiw

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
One shop told me if I got the lift first and had the alignment done, then whenever I got new tires put on later, the alignment would still be good. Didn’t know if I trusted that and felt more comfortable getting it all done at once, fwiw
Whether the alignment is done with the lift or soon after, it should not affect when the alignment needs to be done again. New tires should not require an alignment. However, it is a good time to have it done in case alignment issues are causing uneven tire wear. You can check that with the old tires and then decide if you need to get an alignment. Any tire shop/person worth a damn should be doing that for you when they replace the tires and letting you know there is uneven wear.

OP
OP
AltrdCrbnOB21

AltrdCrbnOB21

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
**Update**
  • BS is up on the lift at the shop & lift install is underway
  • Tire shop took their sweet time & wheels weren’t ready until 3, needed to be at powder coater by close at 4:30
  • In my haste, forgot to confirm they removed tpms & stems (shocker, they didn’t)
  • Pure luck, had a torx multi-tool in the truck & was able to remove tpms & then stems w/pliers (had to be done)
  • Wheels are at powder coater being prepped today, coating tomorrow
Question is: What are the chances I didn’t f-up the sensors/valves during hasty “road-side” removal?

BeachBronco

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Anxious to see the outcome. I have a carbonized gray big Bend with the optional 18s. Getting 265 60r18 tires mounted soon and not sure if I want the machined look or if I want to get them powdercoated black.

bronco_Banks

Outer Banks
First Name
Olga
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Oh man, we have such similar stories! My car was an 09 escape hybrid for two years before we were able to snag a BS OB trim. I am in love with it! I wish I had more opportunities to drive it, honestly. Just to work and back so far. :(

OP
OP
AltrdCrbnOB21

AltrdCrbnOB21

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Oh man, we have such similar stories! My car was an 09 escape hybrid for two years before we were able to snag a BS OB trim. I am in love with it! I wish I had more opportunities to drive it, honestly. Just to work and back so far. :(
Same here, pretty much just the daily commute so far, but looking forward to hitting the beach/trails this spring/summer!

Thylacine76

Outer Banks
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I know I'm late to the thread, but how was the price to get rims powdercoated?
Sponsored