Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'77 Chevy c10, '22 Bronco Sport BL
Hi friends,

I'm 6'2" and have struggled a little bit with the angle of the cushion of the front seat. My thighs need more support on longer drives. Given that my youtube algorithm kicks ass sometimes I came across this youtube video:

NOW, I emailed the company Desert Does It and found out that this product will work for the Bronco Sport. And given that the BS doesn't use an alignment pin for the seats you can get either the F150 version or the Bronco version. I ended up ordering the F150 version as it let me stack 3 plates and gives me a little more of an angle AND BOY DID IT CHANGE THE SEAT! My thighs are thanking me. The install was super easy but did require T55 Torx head.

Post your questions.
Sponsored

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
Hi friends,

I'm 6'2" and have struggled a little bit with the angle of the cushion of the front seat. My thighs need more support on longer drives. Given that my youtube algorithm kicks ass sometimes I came across this youtube video:

NOW, I emailed the company Desert Does It and found out that this product will work for the Bronco Sport. And given that the BS doesn't use an alignment pin for the seats you can get either the F150 version or the Bronco version. I ended up ordering the F150 version as it let me stack 3 plates and gives me a little more of an angle AND BOY DID IT CHANGE THE SEAT! My thighs are thanking me. The install was super easy but did require T55 Torx head.

Post your questions.
I don't have my 22 Badlands yet and I got only a short test drive but I heard about the seat problem and I'm 6'3, so thank you for this info!!!

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Ok now these are way cool.
At 5’ 11” I find the factory seats and set up perfect.
But if money is tight it looks like anyone with a piece of aluminum flat stock found at Lowes or Home Desperation and a drill and a hand metal saw could make these for less than $20 after hardened bolts and all.
I mean you won’t see them after a little spray paint and a plastic cover.
I did this with big flat washers, stacking three and new grade 8 bolts to the front of my front seats in my 1976 Honda. To raise the seats to put a power Amp under the seat, only raised about . 375 inch at most.
The seat angle change was a real improvement in seat comfort that was unintended but hey.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TnyM

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok now these are way cool.
At 5’ 11” I find the factory seats and set up perfect.
But if money is tight it looks like anyone with a piece of aluminum flat stock found at Lowes or Home Desperation and a drill and a hand metal saw could make these for less than $20 after hardened bolts and all.
I mean you won’t see them after a little spray paint and a plastic cover.
I did this with big flat washers, stacking three and new grade 8 bolts to the front of my front seats in my 1976 Honda. To raise the seats to put a power Amp under the seat, only raised about . 375 inch at most.
The seat angle change was a real improvement in seat comfort that was unintended but hey.
Absolutely. I debated on doing it myself but I was lazy so I paid the convenience charge ?

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Hi friends,

Post your questions.
I miss the 10-way power seat on my previous Escape. It had better bolsters than my BL and offered good thigh support.

Polish ghost

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford escape
Hi friends,

Post your questions.
What to you mean move the seat Left or right or front or back you lost me

OP
OP
TnyM

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I miss the 10-way power seat on my previous Escape. It had better bolsters than my BL and offered good thigh support.
They really skimped on the seat control. No doubt about it.

OP
OP
TnyM

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Watch the video. If you don't get it after that then you probably don't need this lol.

MoFoCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit 250, VW eGolf, 2021 Badlands
The seats in the BS are very…”m’eh”. This is from a company that made the Transit 250 with the best seats I have ever had. And I have owned a lot of Volvos.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
The 8-way (includes lumbar in/out) Bronco Sport driver seat bottom only has up/down, fore/aft adjustments (actually, the passenger also, if equipped -- which is 6-way) -- no "tilt," i.e. the front/rear of the seat cushion cannot be raised/lowered independently. I'm 6'3" and have my seat set up extra high for the thigh support comfortable for my long legs. This is difficult to get "just right" for the height, distance (to the wheel and pedals), and seatback angle -- and still get the seat cushion angle/comfort right. It's a compromise, where with that seat "tilt" adjustment it would be so much easier and more flexible.

The seat cushion does "rotate" some on its own when you raise/lower it -- but there is no independent control for this "feature."

OP
OP
TnyM

TnyM

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 8-way (includes lumbar in/out) Bronco Sport driver seat bottom only has up/down, fore/aft adjustments (actually, the passenger also, if equipped -- which is 6-way) -- no "tilt," i.e. the front/rear of the seat cushion cannot be raised/lowered independently. I'm 6'3" and have my seat set up extra high for the thigh support comfortable for my long legs. This is difficult to get "just right" for the height, distance (to the wheel and pedals), and seatback angle -- and still get the seat cushion angle/comfort right. It's a compromise, where with that seat "tilt" adjustment it would be so much easier and more flexible.

The seat cushion does "rotate" some on its own when you raise/lower it -- but there is no independent control for this "feature."
It's funny though... I hate that it tilts FORWARD as you go up. Have you noticed that? I'd rather it all raise together. The fact that it tilts forward is actually counter intuitive for us trees.

jsus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hmm
It's funny though... I hate that it tilts FORWARD as you go up. Have you noticed that? I'd rather it all raise together. The fact that it tilts forward is actually counter intuitive for us trees.
Meanwhile, that's helpful for the shorter drivers amongst us. Otherwise, you end up with your knee bent sharply over the front edge of the seat. Thus angling the front end downward.
Sponsored