Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Hmm all that off-roading and never clean it? I’m funny? You guys didn’t even check for this holy grail part lol.
And maybe modern engines are getting better because the manual has instructions for cleaning the engine.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/vdirsnet/OwnerManual/Home/Content?variantid=7450&languageCode=en&countryCode=USA&Uid=G2087950&ProcUid=G1448702&userMarket=USA&div=f&vFilteringEnabled=False
So, according to Ford: "Engines are more efficient when they are clean", so lets not put any engine covers on them anymore to make them less efficient. Brilliant!!!
Sponsored

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yeah did you notice it said “if your engine has a cover remove before application of engine shampoo”

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah did you notice it said “if your engine has a cover remove before application of engine shampoo”
Sure, just in case some of that pesky inneficiency snuck in under the engine cover. Oh, never mind, they don't come with covers anymore. saves you a step when you are "shampooing" your engine. Thanks Ford!

s_freud

Outer Banks
First Name
Staci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Installed mine today, thanks Viking for the information and tips. Fairly easy installation, the brace came off easy enough, I didn't cut the zip ties on the tube connectors, I just pulled the connectors off the brace and left them intact. You can see how the cover holds everything in place really well and how they had to use the brace with no cover. I'm under no illusions that it is anything more than dressing up the engine bay.

Ford Bronco Sport Upset over missing engine cover! BSEngineCover
Quick question. Did you only need to order the cover and the three shorter studs? Or did you also need the insulator, the oil fill extension and cap, as others have mentioned?

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ll take mine off next summer for a look see.
And have a hose, brush, shampoo and cream rinse at the ready ,,,:’P
You better use Ford brand shampoo and inneficiency remover, anything else might void the warranty! It should be available from your local dealer parts department for a phenomenal fee.

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
I have seen people use pressure washers to clean engines after mudding , something I wouldn't do even to a motorcycle , now a UTV's & ATV's absolutely , but never a car/truck /motorcycle engine . I cover the Alternator with plastic , use a biodegradable degreaser & that mud will not was off by itself , it will need a soft Brush of some sort , not a stiff one . A shop rag will work ,but will take more effort & use a garden hose with a low setting or one that has a Shower setting , like a shower head .

The Shark

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL, 2023 Bronco WT
Thank you
Actually if you scroll back a few pages on this thread you will find some very good information and pictures from Slewis95407 and TheViking about what you need and how to install. My god, I can't believe this thread has run to 20 pages. It should have been Ford isn't including the engine cover anymore, here is what you need to install it if you want one. About 1 page of that and 19 of only idiots would want a engine cover and how much hp does it add.

I know my BS is much friendlier to pedestrians now. ?

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
This thread is the thread that just keeps on delivering.
If I was that paranoid that a little dirt might get on my precious I wouldn’t worry about a bit of decorative foam, I would shrink wrap the vehicle and never drive it. And maybe post guards. And attack dogs.
But drive it and use it? Never.

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Actually if you scroll back a few pages on this thread you will find some very good information and pictures from Slewis95407 and TheViking about what you need and how to install. My god, I can't believe this thread has run to 20 pages. It should have been Ford isn't including the engine cover anymore, here is what you need to install it if you want one. About 1 page of that and 19 of only idiots would want a engine cover and how much hp does it add.

I know my BS is much friendlier to pedestrians now. ?
Well Shark, I am proud to be one of those "idiots" who wanted an engine cover. Good grief, can't you see we are having fun with this? Who are we hurting?

OP
OP
Kodiakbear

Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This thread is the thread that just keeps on delivering.
If I was that paranoid that a little dirt might get on my precious I wouldn’t worry about a bit of decorative foam, I would shrink wrap the vehicle and never drive it. And maybe post guards. And attack dogs.
But drive it and use it? Never.
You are totally out of touch with reality Chris. You just don't understand...
Sponsored