Molson

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Big Bend BS; '13 Subaru Impreza
Mike Levine tweeted this morning that Ford in November Ford will start selling the new Refresh95 cabin air filter that will filter out 95% of pollutants 2.5 microns in size. From the promo picture it looks like the bronco sport is among the first getting it.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/07/22/new-ford-refresh95-cabin-air-filter.html

KEEPING IT FRESH: NEW FORD REFRESH95 CABIN AIR FILTER CAN HELP IMPROVE VEHICLE INTERIOR AIR QUALITY

Ford Bronco Sport Bronco Sport will get new Refresh95 Cabin Air Filter in the Fall {filename}

DEARBORN, Mich., July 22, 2021 – Starting this year, Ford will roll out all-new standard certified cabin air filters called Ford Refresh95, with plans to cover a majority of its lineup by the end of 2023.

Assembled in the U.S.1, Ford Refresh95 is Ford’s new standard advanced cabin air filter. As air moves through a vehicle’s heating, air conditioning and ventilation system, Ford Refresh95 aims to help reduce microscopic particles that can originate both inside and outside a vehicle’s interior. This is particularly important because, according to the EPA, particles less than 10 microns in diameter, particularly those less than 2.5 microns, pose the greatest risk to health2.

Here are 5 ways Ford Refresh95 certified air filters can help improve vehicle interior air quality:

1. Filters air particles 30 times smaller than a single human hair: The average human hair is about 70 microns in diameter. Ford Refresh95 certified air filters can help remove at least 95 percent of 2.5-micron size traffic exhaust, organic material, metals and road dust particles3
  2. Helps reduce allergens: Ford Refresh95 certified air filter can trap up to 99 percent of some allergens, including common pollens and dust particles4
  3. Traps bacteria-sized particles: Ford Refresh95 can help reduce airborne concentrations of bacteria-sized particles5
  4. Isolates smog and soot: In dry climates with dust storms or wildfires and urban areas with heavy stop-and-go traffic during commutes, Ford Refresh95 can help filter the particulate matter found in smog and soot5
  5. Laboratory tested: Ford Refresh95 was put through comprehensive third-party lab certification testing, including pressure drop testing to verify Ford Refresh95 will work throughout the recommended service interval6
Ford Refresh95 availability is expected in fourth-quarter 2021 for select vehicles, including the Bronco Sport, Escape, Explorer, Mustang Mach-E, Police Interceptor Utility and Maverick (available Fall 2021).

You won’t need to purchase a new vehicle to experience the benefits of Ford Refresh95. Customers with compatible vehicle will be able to purchase a Ford Refresh95 air filter from their local Ford dealer, starting later this year.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to order one when they're available. Every summer is just non-stop wildfires and this year is no different. We were already wearing N95 masks because of smoke before the covid hit. Had a nice stint of no masks, but it's getting smoky outside and I'm already seeing the N95 masks on some people again.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Let's just see what it is. I just bought a new fridge water filter. $60 up from $50 in February. Filters are a big racket right now. The vehicle isn't hermetically sealed, so too much filter won't do much for normal use situations, except to get 5x more money out of your wallet.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
If it filters out the smell from roadkill skunks, sign me up for one!!???
Re-circulation is your friend regarding skunk roadkill. I often leave it there during their mating season (February here) when they tend to get TKO'd running out in the road during their rituals.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
The vehicle isn't hermetically sealed, so too much filter won't do much for normal use situations
When a vehicle is in motion, air tends to enter the cabin from the front and exit out the back (generally speaking). So it doesn’t matter that the car is not hermetically sealed. If you filter the “incoming” air you can make a big difference in the quality of that air, especially during allergy season.

Group_44

Outer Banks
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum,80 Triumph TR8, 69 Jag XKE 2+2
Another way for Ford to part you with your money. Last time my F150 was in for a recall they gave me a big list of "required immediate attention" items. One was the cabin air filter. It was obvious they never really checked it since I had just replaced it. They wanted $80 to put a new one in. I had ordered a genuine Ford cabin air filter on line for about $18. It took me about 15 min. to replace it myself, that includes the time watching the youtube video .

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
When a vehicle is in motion, air tends to enter the cabin from the front and exit out the back (generally speaking). So it doesn’t matter that the car is not hermetically sealed. If you filter the “incoming” air you can make a big difference in the quality of that air, especially during allergy season.
I guess it depends on your normal use. I normally operate the 2-60 A/C when driving which is 2 windows and 60MPH.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I was never injured by a road kill smell, skunk or not. But always got to enjoy that musky oder even with recirculated air on. I doubt a 2.5 micron filter will help anyone escape that wonderful encounter.
Fwiw,
Glove box door unlocked and dropped down in 3.5 seconds,
Filter door opened in 2.7 seconds,
Filter pulled out in 1.8 seconds,
Filter pushed back in, filter door closed, glove box re hinged and done in less than a minute.
I will buy the filter at the parts counter thank you very much Ford :'P

Huntyeraws

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford BS BB
Open your windows and moonroof while driving down the road and you have introduced millions, if not billions of tiny particles into your vehicle. MEH It is a vehicle...not a cleanroom.
Sponsored

Last edited: