If you can't get Bronco Sport then what?

Mudpie

First Edition
First Name
Mudpie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2009 Jeep JK
If you order gets delayed further past your personal deadline, or you can't find the configuration of your choice, then what would you get instead? Curious about other's back up plan.

I'm planning ahead and thinking either new or used 4Runner or may be Outback. Haven't decided yet. FTR, not interested in Jeep.
2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness Edition. 9.5" lift, No word on a new engine but rumor has it that the 2.4L Turbo will be added. (FE24 has a timing chain, the older 2.5 has a timing belt and drinks oil.
Sponsored

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness Edition. 9.5" lift, No word on a new engine but rumor has it that the 2.4L Turbo will be added. (FE24 has a timing chain, the older 2.5 has a timing belt and drinks oil.
The wilderness edition should have decent approach and departure angles.

Excape

Outer Banks
First Name
Reg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
So, this forum has a legit thread titled, "If you can't get Bronco Sport then what?", and a member mentions an attribute of an alternative, and you link them away? Getting snarky in here?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So, this forum has a legit thread titled, "If you can't get Bronco Sport then what?", and a member mentions an attribute of an alternative, and you link them away? Getting snarky in here?
normally...no, I will joke with anyone, offer my opinion, personal experiences, right or wrong I don't care, everyone sees things differently and that's what makes the world work. But said particular made it very clear..."I drove 1k miles round trip to test drive a Badlands and Cherokee Trailhawk that happened to be withing 20 miles of each other in San Diego....drove home with the Trailhawk."
OK fair enough...then why come troll on a bronco forum? Take it for what it's worth, view me how you wish. snark and dick move on my part, at least I will own it.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Well I did it, I bought a used Crosstrek yesterday. So far I don't hate it. After 5 months with no car and the potential of another 5 months too delivery I couldn't wait any more. I just wish I known my order was going to get pushed that far out before I spent $1100 to rent a car 3 weeks ago. Mudder tires, trailer hitch, and Berverly Hillbillies lumber rack to come.
Ford Bronco Sport If you can't get Bronco Sport then what? IMG_2212

My dog be like, "no one can see me in this thing right?"
Ford Bronco Sport If you can't get Bronco Sport then what? IMG_2213

Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, F-350, a Tesla, and more...
For everybody scouring dealers for a Badlands, here's a used one;
Alto Blue, low-low price :) $47990
F'ng unreal....

$39920 MSRP
LOL That BL Sport is identical to mine, Alto Blue color and all. I paid $37K from Granger. I wonder why a Toyota dealer has it for sale with less than 400 miles on it? I suppose someone bought it and didn’t like it and probably came out ahead trading it.

…Still a better deal than a First Edition BS near me that comes out to $55K after their ADM and other crap. I guess that’s why it’s been sitting on their lot for at least 2 months that I’m aware of. I keep harassing the sales manager to see if he’ll get reasonable, but so far he’s like a rock. They had their last two F-150s on the lot listed with $7500 ADM plus other crap and they’re gone now. This is madness.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Well I did it, I bought a used Crosstrek yesterday. So far I don't hate it. After 5 months with no car and the potential of another 5 months too delivery I couldn't wait any more. I just wish I known my order was going to get pushed that far out before I spent $1100 to rent a car 3 weeks ago. Mudder tires, trailer hitch, and Berverly Hillbillies lumber rack to come.

Hey gotta do what a man gotta do. Sucks it's been this big of a hassle for ya. I sincerely hope some day you get behind the wheel of a bronco. What you have there is four doors and wheels to get you somewhere. No judgement. You are in a bind.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
LOL That BL Sport is identical to mine, Alto Blue color and all. I paid $37K from Granger. I wonder why a Toyota dealer has it for sale with less than 400 miles on it? I suppose someone bought it and didn’t like it and probably came out ahead trading it.

…Still a better deal than a First Edition BS near me that comes out to $55K after their ADM and other crap. I guess that’s why it’s been sitting on their lot for at least 2 months that I’m aware of. I keep harassing the sales manager to see if he’ll get reasonable, but so far he’s like a rock. They had their last two F-150s on the lot listed with $7500 ADM plus other crap and they’re gone now. This is madness.
That's just stupid buying...sorry if that offends anyone...no way should anyone pay $8K over...no way.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Are you going to abandon the BS order then? I wouldn't tell the dealer anything concrete. Maybe hold all the cards and when it comes in, depending on the market at that time, you can get back the Subaru money or at least have a choice to make.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco
I had a 2019 jeep Cherokee trail hawk and it felt really sluggish when you accelerate and terrible gas mileage. I do like the headunit better than the bronco sport

I'm thinking a used 4runner, maybe a Cherokee trailhawk. Unfortunately the used market is crazy too right now. I wish I'd known this was how things were going to go down and I would have bought a used POS back in February while I waited. My wife and I have been car less since an accident at the end of January. I convinced her to wait for the BS, you can imagine how that's going about now :(

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4

Looks like nice vehicle and it will have good resale value. Sorry you had to go through the whole ordering mess with no clear date when it will come or why it is being delayed. No one really knows or has any answers other then it not being shipped any time soon.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
Are you going to abandon the BS order then? I wouldn't tell the dealer anything concrete. Maybe hold all the cards and when it comes in, depending on the market at that time, you can get back the Subaru money or at least have a choice to make.
That’s the plan just going to wait and see what way the values are blowing when and if my order shows up.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
That’s the plan just going to wait and see what way the values are blowing when and if my order shows up.
My money is on a good trade value when your time comes. Even when the bronco is built...dealers will still be looking for trades. This chip/supplies issue isn't resolving itself overnight
Sponsored